“Great getaway!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Bozeman, Montana
“Great getaway!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

My hubby and I spent two nights in March at the Rhett House Inn. Friendly staff, very accomodating, and a beautiful property. Fabulous location; in a few short minutes, you are in the heart of downtown BEaufort and all it's charming shops, etc. They have bikes, beach chairs, and blankets you can borrow; we really liked that. Awesome goodies throughout the day from sweet tea to cookies and apps in the evening. Our room was #15, one of the cottages across from the main house. It was very spacious, clean, and comfortable with nice chairs, sheets, furnishings. Yummy breakfast, and an overall great experience.

Room Tip: #15 had a great four post bed, fireplace, and lots of room to s-t-r-e-t-c-h out.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Anya C, Manager at The Rhett House Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Deb K,

Your review was so fantastic I thought for sure it would be 5 stars! I am glad you thoroughly enjoyed all the Rhett House Inn has to offer. Being only a short block from the beautiful Bay Street, all our guests enjoy a short yet majestic walk to the many delicious restaurants that the waterfront has to offer! Being a transient myself, I agree with you on how amazing Beaufort really is. Its a secret treasure!

It was very nice to meet you and please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your stay just that much better next time!

Your friend,

Josh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were in Beaufort for a wedding and stayed at the Rhett House Inn for two nights. It really is a lovely place - wonderful accommodations and over-the-top southern hospitality. We had room 10 - a spacious bedroom with a huge bathroom and a screen porch overlooking a garden and fountain area and a small bar area. Breakfasts were delicious with cook to order choices like eggs any style, blueberry pancakes, waffles, grits, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, etc., all prepared in the inn's kitchen. The coffee was exceptionally good. Homemade cookies were served in the afternoon, appetizers in the early evening, and desserts later in the evening. The inn is close to everything in the waterfront area - good restaurants, shopping, and sightseeing are within walking distance and there are many attractions just short drive away. My husband and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Rhett House and would highly recommend it to anyone travelling to Beaufort.

Room Tip: Room 10 has its own outside entrance and is located on the back of the inn.
sctravelers1970,

Hello and thank you for such an amazing review! I think I can sum up your review in 3 words "best B&B ever"! Room 10 is our Innkeepers Suite and is in my opinion the best room the beautiful Rhett House Inn has to offer! Being the only room in the main house with its own screened in porch, whirlpool jetted tub, stand up glass enclosed shower, and many more, we can see why you love it so much.

I am very happy to hear that you loved our famous southern breakfast and I will be sure to pass it on to our talented chefs, Beverly and Douglas!

The next time you are in Beaufort please stop in and say hello!

Middletown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

This was our first stay in a bed and breakfast and it will not be our last! I felt like I was at home from the moment I walked in the door. We were in town for my brother's graduation from the Marines. They allowed for us to check in VERY early after a long overnight drive. The staff was very accommodating. I loved loved loved the breakfast in the morning, I even asked for the recipe for their grits, so yummy! Our rooms were clean, spacious, and charming. The whole house had a very warm and welcoming feel to it. I enjoyed having a glass of wine on the front porch, it was very relaxing (Something I wouldn't be able to do in a hotel). My children (4 and 1) looked forward to the afternoon cookies and tea. One complaint, I will forever crave the cakes, pies and cookies I had while staying there :) I cannot wait to come back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Catherine,

First of all, congratulations to you and your new Marine! I am so thrilled to hear that your first bed and breakfast experience was with us, and you loved it! Being Beaufort's only 4 diamond inn, we pride ourselves on the experience that we deliver to each and every guest. Our new chef Douglas will be glad to hear how much you enjoyed our famous southern grits (sorry I cannot divulge our secret recipe)!

The staff here lives and breathes hospitality and I am always happy to hear that our guest see it!

Thank you for staying with us once again!
Josh and the staff of the Rhett House Inn
Asheville,NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

March in South Carolina is usually one of the loveliest but the days of our brief getaway in Beaufort were cold, rainy, gray, and dreary. However, our room in the cottage of the Rhett House Inn had a wonderfully welcoming gas fireplace that kept us warm and comfortable. As many other reviewers have said, the location is super convenient with many restaurants and shopping sites within walking distance, staff is professional and friendly, and the overall atmosphere is warm and welcoming. The breakfasts, however, were average--although they are described as "famous Southern."Another reviewer has noted "basic egg and biscuits," and we would agree. Not much choice and depending on the cook du jour, a difference in quality. Nevertheless, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend it as a Beaufort lodging choice.

Room Tip: Cottage annex is private and upstairs rooms will be quieter.
Belwen4,

Hello and thank you for staying with us! I was very upset to hear that you did not enjoy our southern breakfast. I will tell you that in the last couple days we have put together an entire new menu, and have also taken on one of the best breakfast chefs we have ever come across. I am glad you would recommend us to anyone traveling down! And I do hope the staff here at The Rhett House Inn can have another chance for us to WOW you with our famous southern breakfast!

Thank you for staying with us and I personally welcome you to the family!

Josh and the staff of the Rhett House Inn
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Don't expect the modern amenities of a Ritz Carlton when you stay here, but that's not what this place is about. This is an old, classic Beaufort mansion with very large, spacious rooms. The main sitting room in the inn is tasteful and warm. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. The owner lives right behind the inn and was a charming guy to talk to. Breakfast was terrific and our server Beverly was a real sweetheart. Would definitely recommend and go back again. great location too - right in the historic district and a block from downtown.

Anya C, Manager at The Rhett House Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
MNtravelman,

I would like to personally thank you for your fantastic review and it was a pleasure meeting you! I really think you summed up the Rhett House Inn in two words " tasteful and and warm." We are all very happy to hear that our level of customer service exceeded your expectations and you can say that you experienced a true level of southern hospitality.

Once again, thank you for choosing The Rhett House Inn as your Beaufort paradise, and welcome to the family!

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I recently enjoyed a wonderful three-night stay at the Rhett House Inn and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. The location was perfect (just a short walk to tons of great shops and restaurants), the staff was gracious and helpful (shout-out to Michael and the many others who made our stay so pleasant!) and the accommodations and amenities were absolutely perfect. The Rhett House Inn just oozes southern charm and hospitality. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Anya C, Manager at The Rhett House Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Ashlie C,

First of all thank you for staying with us at Beaufort's only AAA 4 Diamond Inn! Secondly, congratulations on leaving the first official review on our newest innkeeper Michael! He is an excellent part of our team, and encompasses all the values that The Rhett House Inn prides itself on. We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your 3 day vacation with us, and we cannot wait to welcome you back to beautiful Beaufort South Carolina with open arms!

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We recently had the opportunity to stay at the Rhett House. It is a wonderful bed and breakfast. The accomodations were excellent and the food for breakfast was scrumptuous. The service was impeccable. We needed to stay in 2 rooms because of scheduling and saw both an older room in the inn and a more contemporary room on the property. Both were very nice but if you prefer gracious Southern charm and a natural fir place then opt for room #4. We look forward to our next visit to Beaufort and The Rhett House. Steve Grant.

Room Tip: 4, there is no spa or fitness facility
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Anya C, Manager at The Rhett House Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Steve G,

We are thrilled to hear all the great things you had to say about The Rhett House Inn! Being Beaufort's only 4 Diamond inn, we pride ourselves on the caliber of service we provide to all our guests.

I am disappointed to hear that you were not informed of the accommodations that we have set up for our guests. All of our guests can enjoy visiting the beautiful Cat Island Sanctuary which features a refreshing pool, fitness center, golf course, and restaurant. The next time you plan a visit to the beautiful Beaufort South Carolina, I would love to set you up with all those fabulous amenities.

Thank you for staying with us, and I cannot wait to welcome you back!

Josh and the staff of The Rhett House Inn

Been to The Rhett House Inn? Share your experiences!