“Bueno!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
“Bueno!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Excellant interior, great servers, great margaritas at good prices and delicious tons of food at really low prices -- especially at lunchtime.

Bakersfield, California
“Oh hell no!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

All I can say is DISGUSTING! Everything about this place was dirty. Silverware was dirty and the plate my wife's food was served on had food stuck to the bottom of it. While we ate we noticed roaches crawling on a nearby booth. Had to go to the bathroom before I left only to find the bathroom had no soap at all in it so god knows when the last time the staff washed their hands. Never again will I go to this dump.

• Visited January 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Best in Beaufort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

San Jose has been a favorite of my friends and mine for years now. The food prices are affordable and the quantities are large, not to mention tasty! The margaritas are superb and they even have specials on them quite often. I usually request Amber as my server because she is such a pleasure and her service is phenomenal! This family owned restaurant has a friendly and comfortable atmosphere. I choose San Jose over LaHacienda ANY DAY!

Visited September 2011
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Couldn't get any better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

It was a wednesday night and the kids just finished soccer. We always have family night and go out for dinner. The family loves mexican and we usually head over to la hacienda after practice, but tonight we were invited to the San Jose over on lady's island. Absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful inside, great music, perfect service, and delicious food! Not to mention the specials on margaritas! The kids had a great time and my husband and I did as well. We go every week and have yet to be disappointed! We love San Jose!

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Should've gone to Taco Bell”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

I really should've known better. The recent reviews of San Jose have been quite critical, yet for whatever reason, I decided to go yesterday with my girlfriend - we were both in the mood for Mexican. Service was okay, and the place is nicely decorated, but the food really left much to be desired. The "quesadilla" was barely the size of a folded taco with a few measily strands of chopped cheese. The burritos were small - about the size of Taco Bell's. Refried beans and rice were nothing to rave at.

All in all, this place really has potential yet absolutely flopped. About the only thing I can compliment this place on is their lovely patio area, where I'm sure having a beer and sitting under the terrace is enjoyable on a spring or fall day.

• Visited May 2011