“Gorgeous location with friendly staff located with no need to drive anywhere.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Sea Island Inn

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Gorgeous location with friendly staff located with no need to drive anywhere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We loved the historic atmosphere with everything we wanted to do in walking distance. What a great choice! The breakfast was plentiful. The beds comfy. Very clean. Staff very friendly & helpful. Nothing but smiles & great memories!

• Stayed August 2013
SeaIslandHotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sea Island Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank for your excellent review of our Best Western Sea Island Inn! We are blessed to have this great location and dedicated staff. We hope if your travels lead you back to Beaufort you will choose to stay with us-we'd love to have ya!
Lisa K. Hudson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Naples,FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

From the minute that I called to make the reservation to the time we checked out the staff at this hotel were professional, helpful, accommodating, friendly and went above and beyond to assure that the customer was comfortable and had a good experience. Very clean hotel, too! Definitely would stay again!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

SeaIslandHotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sea Island Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank for your kinds words regarding my staff. They continue to make me proud to have them on my team. Hope to see you again soon!
Port Royal, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Was very pleasant, the staff was most caring. They made us feel like family. Everything was great. Parking and clean rooms, walk ways, pool are and dining area. I would recommend this hotel anytime. All the staff was great, every front desk person was wonderful and helpful to all.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

SeaIslandHotel, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Sea Island Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing stay with every year for the Water Festival. We are always happy to have you and your family as our guests. Thank you for your wonderful review and the compliments of my staff!
Baltimore, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Beaufort turned out to be the friendliest town we've ever visited.....and the staff at this hotel fit right into that mold. Especially Ijoonaya, Christina, and Laverne. The rest of the team could not have been more helpful. It's an older building but the room was spotless and as promised, the location across from the water was perfect. Lots of restaurants and things to see within easy walking distance....We'll be back!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

SeaIslandHotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sea Island Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your compliments concerning my staff. I am so proud of each and every one of them! I will personally inform the three ladies you mentioned by name. We look forward to your return.
Lisa K.Hudson
durham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was a little nervous about staying in a Best Western but was pleasantly surprised.It is not fancy but the most important thing for me is how clean a place is and our room was pretty clean. There were others who said they tried to get a room there but it was sold out so I felt pretty good about the choice. The location was absolutely wonderful because we could walk around the historic district and enjoy without getting in the car.

Pros:
It is in the historic district so you can walk around the hotel and visit the old churches and homes
Across the street from the waterfront, harbor and park where you can sit and watch the boats and bridge open
Easy- Short walking distance to restaurants and shops along Bay Street
It was clean
there is breakfast and a microwave for heating up food in the breakfast room
Our room had a bench outside so we sat outside one evening
Easy access to the sea islands (St.Helena, Hunting island)
Affordable
Everyone is very nice

Cons
The breakfast is OK but there is not much more than cereal, toast or and fruit
The AC is a little loud
They will not allow you to check in until 3pm
People do smoke outside but we didn't find it bothersome
I didn't see an elevator but there are only two levels

I would suggest asking for a room on the back side of the hotel which is away from the pool noise and traffic.

Take the time to go to the light house and Penn Center while you are there. The light house is on the beautiful Hunting Island about 30min away but it is a nice drive.

Room Tip: Room in the back facing the road away from the traffic and pool
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our Best Western Sea Island Inn. We are glad you took a chance on us and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will consider returning and we can attempt to chip away your 'cons' list.

Sicklerville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I live in New Jersey and my son was in South Carolina. I received a call he had a medical emergency. I booked a room at this hotel for the weekend until the following Tuesday. There were more complications with my son then expected and I needed to stay a total of eleven days. The managers and workers were more then accommodating. They worked around me so I would not have to switch rooms, they gave me a discount rate, and they were kind enough to ask how my son was doing. The room was clean and well stocked. Anything I requested was received in a timely manner. I had internet service so I could book my flights and extend my car rental from the hotel and print out my boarding passes. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
SeaIslandHotel, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Sea Island Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our services, accommodations, and staff. We do hope your son will make a full recovery and that your family can return to Beaufort. Best wishes from my entire staff.
Buddy Johnson
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The staff was very nice and the location of this hotel is perfect. You can walk to everything...restaurants, shopping, seawall, etc. We never had to drive! We were in town for a dragon boat festival being held just across the street from the hotel, so it was very convenient for us and our team.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

SeaIslandHotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sea Island Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
We are so happy you enjoyed you stay with us here at the Best Western Sea Island Inn. We hope that you will participate in the Dragon Boat Race every Water Festival and stay with us!
Lisa K. Hudson

Been to BEST WESTERN Sea Island Inn? Share your experiences!