“Wonderful Stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Saluda, SC
“Wonderful Stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

This hotel was so clean and beautiful! Our room was very large and had a nice size bathroom. My daughter and I swam in their heated indoor pool, it was great! We had a wonderful stay at this hotel!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

LOCATION:
It's on the main highway coming into Beaufort, snug up against an EconoLodge that almost looks like it's part of the facility. Set back off the highway, watch for the Signage at the road.
BUILDING:
It's almost rare these days to see a 4-story hotel. It's big,well maintained, room was spotless. Lobby big enough to mill around, A separate bar area with tables, a good-size restaurant (with reasonable prices for breakfast and dinner).

Has a nice size eating/drinking sunning deck overlooking the Marshes. Both an indoor and outdoor pool. I think I spotted a jacuzzi inside. They have a room-key excercise and business office rooms.

ROOM:
We had a double queen room, with a separate space with a couch, chair, coffee table, mini-fridge, sink. No needing to make coffee in the bathroom. Bathroom upgraded with granite tops, marble floor, lots of towels and a good bath/shower. Closet had a SAFE, ironing board, plenty of room for clothes, extra pillows and sheets -- I guess for the pull-out couch.

STAFF: Very nice; good wait staff. Wasn't in the bar.

SMOKING: None inside that I could tell
If there was smoking inside, I didn't smell it. And, there were a lot of smokers there during our 2-day stay. They smoked outside is all I noticed.

FOOD:
We ate at the Dockside on one of the islands. Excellent food. But go early. We arrived just after 5:30 and had a 45 minute wait. Lobster, shrimp, scallop platter = $26, but very good. Think the cost range was $16 - $26.

Holiday Inn: $7.95 breakfast buffet. Excellent and a good value. $4.95 for a one-egg, one side plus coffee. Still good value considering it was a hotel.

Downtown Beaufort:: Sorry, you have to do your own research. But it IS a seafood town.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

First off, the main photo in TripAdvisor for this location is not correct. I posted a proper photo, and this Holiday Inn is very new, polished, modern, etc. Our stay here would have been PERFECT, with the exception of:

1) Upon walking into our room (#405), we were greeted with a humid, cigarette smelling room. With a pregnant wife, this wasn't exactly what we wanted after a long drive, and checking in at 10:30pm. We are both non smokers, and this was disgusting. Not to mention, there are warnings everywhere that this is a smoke free hotel, so clearly the cleaning crew did not do its job.
2) Check in was a little slow, and it seemed like I was bothering the person by coming to the desk to be checked in.
3) Upon discovering our smokey room, I asked if we could please change rooms. The same associate I mentioned in #2, told me the hotel was full, and really took no further effort to help correct the situation.
4) I'm a priority club member, and was hoping for a marsh view room, but instead got a parking lot view room.

Good things about this location:

1) Restaurant staff - AMAZING! Warm, friendly, helpful, wonderful. Can't say enough nice things about the ladies who took care of us at Breakfast.
2) Location - very central.
3) Condition - as I mentioned, new, clean, modern. Definitely in great shape and a good value. I'm picky about staying in renovated or new hotels, and this place fits the bill.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

The location was pretty close to everything if you have a car. The hotel was clean. However, we requested a handicap room (my husband had surgery on his leg). The "seat" to put in the shower didn't fit. We also lost electricity the next morn. But I guess that wasn't their fault. The pool was a little gross.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

My sister and I had two rooms for two nights in early November 2009. Very pleased with the hotel and with the helpful and courteous staff. Rooms were spacious and clean. Lounge was pleasant with nice view of the water and an outdoor area but had limited hours (4-9 I think). Restaurant had a great breakfast special ($4.99 for 2 eggs, bacon, potatoes, toast & coffee) and wait staff was great. I discovered I’d lost my credit card the morning after I’d checked out and, when I called the hotel, they were extremely helpful, even calling me back after they’d checked the room I’d stayed in! Location was also very good – easy to get to either Bay Street or Port Royal. I’d stay there again in a minute!

• Stayed November 2009
Hilton Head, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

Our encounter with this hotel started out extremely positive. I choose this hotel as our site for our wedding headquarters. We got married on the MCAS in Beaufort and this hotel was 5 minutes down the road. The first night that I stayed there, I brought up my GPS by accident and wanted it to be in a safe place so I put it in the safe that night. In the process, of the night, our toilet overflowed all over the floor. 15 minutes later, someone came up to plunge it but regretted to clean up the crap all over the floor. The next morning, I took a shower, and there was no shower liner in the shower and the floor was quite slick. I wound up wiping out all over the floor because it was puddled in water, not once, but twice and had bruises up both sides of my legs for my wedding day. The day of the wedding, I had a luncheon in our room for family only as we got ready for the wedding and there was only one very garbage for the entire room. Our room was not serviced that day and so when we came home from the wedding that night, there was trash everywhere and no where to put it. The next day, when we were checking out, I took the GPS out of the safe and set it on the night stand next to the bed. Because there were only 4 dollys for the ENTIRE hotel, we had to take several trips up and down the elevator to get all of our stuff into the SUV. I was so irritated that we forgot our GPS. Less then 24 hours later, we realized that the GPS was missing. We found out by the front desk girl that no one had checked into our room yet and she went up to see if the GPS was still there. It was gone!! The only people into that room were the cleaning staff so I guess you can put two and two together as to what happened to that $300 GPS. We did file a police report and questioned the hotel GM, Bob Barnes who seemed to be completely uneffected by our loose and quickly quoted their hotel policy that they are not responsible for items left behind. When I asked him if he would question the person who cleaned that room, he seemed to be uninterested in checking into it further. I guess if you don't leave anything behind, you will be fine with this hotel, however, don't expect to ever get anything back if you do! They do steal and lie about it! I guess that's how this hotel makes it money, pawning other peoples valuables. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone again!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Oxford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

We were not sure what to expect from this hotel but were pleasantly suprised. The STAFF WAS SUPERB. The hotel was clean, comfortable, and very well appointed. The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub both were clean and the pool was warm. Not cold like in some places. There was a restaurant and lounge on site. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going there. It was a little pricier than others in town but we ended up having friends come to visit us from their hotel because it was so nice.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beaufort? Share your experiences!