“Excellent food and service in a noisy and crowded restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Saltus River Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 141 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Scott Street
Chamonix, France
“Excellent food and service in a noisy and crowded restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Both my wife and I enjoyed our meals despite the cafeteria like restaurant. My scallops were particularly good. We were very lucky with our service too. We thought that the chef and the staff deserved a better setting.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Effingham, NH
“Casual but elegant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Food prepared well and was fresh; also outside dining was availabe but that night it was a bit too cool to sit out for us.

Visited April 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Big Reputation, good food spoiled by Rotten Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I joined the beautiful patio scene and ordered a glass of wine which had to be returned because of its dirty glass. Then, asking if there was a choice of oysters, I was told no but the table beside me had three options 5 minutes later. The oysters arrived with no fork, no horseradish and my request was met with disdain as if it was my fault. No bread or crackers were served with the oysters. Indicating I wishes to sample a couple of things I requested an appetizer portion of the shrimp/grits and a cup of soup. I was told the chef was unable to divide a dish so no go on that one. I was never asked if I wanted a second glass of wine; was presented with a "here's the bill, do you want anything else"? The whole experience was appalling, cost me $80 and although the food was good, the treatment was unforgivable. When I left, there was no one at the door to say good night or how was your evening. I might have let them know but courtesy is not their thing.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NC
“Excellent food, service and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

This restaurant has great food and wine from a good menu. The chosen main courses of salmon and blackened Dorado were perfect. We had excellent service from our friendly server, Belle. A very pleasant terrace atmosphere overlooking the Beaufort Marina.We would definitely return and thoroughly recommended.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Lovely Setting/Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is the best located, decorated and staffed restaurant in Beaufort. The menu favors local ingredients and a creative approach.

Visited April 2014