“Fun and funky atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Plums is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 141 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West
Indian Trail, North Carolina
“Fun and funky atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Between the 4 adults at out table we ordered lots of food. The dipa appetizer was really good, especially the pimento cheese! Most of my table ordered seafood, I however was torn between a salad, nachos or the fried green tomatoes with warm pimento cheese. I had asked if they sold just a side of fried green tomatoes but they didn't. I didn't want to waste a meal and $7 if they weren't very good. Seeing as how they came with that glorious pimento cheese that sealed the deal. And i was so disappointed. They had no flavor what so ever. It tasted like they were just tossed in plain flour and fried a few seconds. The pimento cheese between the slices was not the same as the above mentioned. Someone else got nachos and they were very good! I would also recommend the coconut cake...so delicious!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

charlotte, nc
“Nothing terrible but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Casual place with decent pub food. Fish taco appetizer good ... Big enough to be a smallish entree. Okay shrimp and grits and fair pork dish. If I went back would stick to draft beer and pub food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
McCormick, South Carolina
“Probably pass next time in town.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Wife and I had dinner on a early Sunday evening. Only a few other people were in the restaurant. We order a cup of seafood chowder. which was lukewarm at best. It was hot and very good when the waiter returned with it, but the crackers were stale. Wife had the scallops, that could of been cooked a little longer. I had shrimp and grits which was good. Waiter was great and enjoyed talking to him. We ate at other restaurants during our stay, that were much better for the same $$$.

Visited July 2014
Bluffton
“Jennifer is phenomenal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Always asking if we need anything on top of everything we asked, she's a joy be sure to ask for Jennifer! Atmosphere on the porch is great too:)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“So so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

To start with the gumbo had a barbecue flavor to it, but don't get me wrong I ate ever bite. The shrimp and grits were average with a brown gravy and onions that I'm not used to. There were plenty of grits but few shrimp. I ate all the shrimp but only half the grits. I'd pass next time on grits for $12.95 a bowl.