“Stick with the Burgers and fries” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 141 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Fat Patties is a Hand Crafted American Burger Joint. We offer our creative burger concoctions with the option of 5 different patties: Grass Feed Beef, ½ n 1/2(Ground Beef and Ground Bacon), Wild American Shrimp, Turkey, or a Vegetarian Black Bean Pattie served on our homemade buttery buns. Our Brats are simmered in American Ale and topped with the same extravagant toppings as our Burgers. We also make our own Ice Cream with unique flavors like Bacon Maple, White Chocolate Cayenne as well as traditional flavors. We can’t wait for you to try it!
Sebastian, Florida
“Stick with the Burgers and fries”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

One of the five chose the grilled cheese described as " 4 cheeses, strawberry jam and home made BBQ potato chips". What arriived was two very thick non-grilled pieces of bread, no strawberry jam and a strong flavor of cream cheese only. The chips were stuck together and the middles were soggy with grease. The burgers were described as good and the fries okay if you liked rosemary. The ice cream is made on site and the flavors inventive ie:" bacon and pancake and PBJ' . A fun adventure

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Beaufort, South Carolina, United States
“Best Burger this side of the Mississippi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Fat Patties just opened earlier this week. My wife and I normally don't try out a new restaurant for about a month to let them iron out all the kinks. However, we were to excited to wait. And we were not disappointed at all. I started with a home spun milk shake with banana, burnt marshmallow, and spiked with Kraken Dark Rum. It blew my mind with the perfect balance of Rum and Bananas. As an appetizer or snack as they call it, we got the deviled shrimp which is shrimp flash fried with chili lime pepper jelly and a ranch dip. Unfreaking believable is all I can say about this perfect combo of sweet and spicy. Next my burger came out after a little bit of a wait(it is a brand new restaurant after all) I had selected the "Who's your pattie" it had, try hearing this without your mouth watering, a burger patty with half beef and half ground bacon, pulled pork, cider BBQ, apple wood bacon, smoked cheddar cheese,pickles and slaw. Served with rosemary fries. I don't say this lightly, but this was the best burger I've ever eaten! My wife had the Virginia V burger with 100% beef. It had homemade pimento cheese, thick cut bacon, slaw, and garlic mayo with of course the ever addicting rosemary fries. Again I don't say this lightly but this was my second favorite burger of all-time. All the ingredients are high quality and you can tell that the kitchen knows what they are doing with them. The service was exceptionally good. Very knowledgeable about the menu and very confident. I would recommend Fat Patties to anyone and everyone. The only reason it didn't get all my stars is simply because it's new and food was a little slow to get to us.

• Visited August 2012