“Typical Thai, good drinks” 3 of 5 stars

843-379-9099
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Papaya Thai Cuisine and Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 139 restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Street Food
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Charles St.
Transit: not available
Beaufort
“Typical Thai, good drinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had several dishes, the only that stood out was the Green Thai Curry which was very spicy, and flavorful, the remainder of the dishes were mild or bland at best. The bar service and drinks were very good with hire limited selections. We would go back for another try...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Clayton, New York
“Large Group”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I went with some friends. The place wasn't very busy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The prices were a bit high for the location. Food was good. I would go back but maybe during lunch for better prices.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Me and my wife were previously stationed oversees in Japan and love this type of restaurant. The service was perfect and the food was great. I like to try a variety of things and I got that for a decent price. My wife and I had a sushi roll, house ginger salad, Tom Kai soup, and Thai Curry all for the price of 34$. That's a pretty decent price for such a great restaurant. I definitely suggest trying this place out. I also noticed that cabbie cuisine delivers for this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Westport, Connecticut
“Apples and Oranges”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The top rated restaurant in Beaufort? Come on! Get real. This is a very nice asian restaurant. We had a mixed appetizer platter of spring rolls, fried shrimp, dumplings, and stay chicken. Very generous order and tasty. I especially liked the chili sauce tray. We both had grilled fish in chili sauce; mine spicy and hers mild. Both were professionally prepared and excellent. Service was attentive and respectful. The menu was kind of odd though; grilled New Zealand lamp chops in an asian restaurant? Maybe next time I should try the lamb chops to see what that is all about. But for a fine special occasion meal there are five better dining spots in Beaufort. No kidding.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bellaire, Michigan
“Wonderful Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went here for lunch as it was highly rated on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. My husband loved the pad Thai and wants to go back again before we leave Beaufort. I had the special which was a crab cake and it was one of the best I've ever had! It had a nice sauce drizzled on top and it was so full of meat and hardly any filler. The service was excellent and it's an attractive place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere