“Finally, Beaufort has Real Thai Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Beaufort, SC
“Finally, Beaufort has Real Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here this evening and everything was so delicious. We gave up eating Thai food in Beaufort and went to Bluffton when we wanted a Thai meal. Someone told us about Amata Thai so we decide to try it and are so glad we did. The tom kha gai soup was some of the best we have had. My husband had massaman chicken curry which he really liked and I had A Day in Bangkok chicken dish which was delicious with a wonderful sauce. We shared a coconut ice cream for dessert. The portions were very generous. We will be going back soon.

• Visited May 2013

Beaufort
“Elegant Dining on Workman's Income”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This will be the surprise of Beaufort. Looking like a hole in the wall in a supermarket center, once inside you will be amazed. The decor is beautiful, service excellent and the food presentation that of an upscale restaurant. Sweet and Sour stir fry absolutely delicious and looking like something you would see in a movie. The salad dressing was more spicy than expected and the salad itself mediocre.
The place was spotless.

• Visited May 2013
Bequia
“Beaufort's Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I overheard one person say, "This is the best restaurant in Beaufort." She is correct. Four of us had dinner. Four of us received perfectly prepared and perectly presented meals. Mine was a sweet and spicy dish with sausage, shrimp basmati rice and chicken - it was marvelous. The other dishes were equally well done. The service was prompt and very attentive. Diverse dining pleasure in Beafort!!

• Visited April 2013
Beaufort, South Carolina
“We went for dinner but left when we saw the bugs roaming around”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We went on a Tuesday evening, arriving about 6:30. There was only ONE server for the entire restaurant. My son brought in his food from McDonald's and I'd have to say he was the only one that enjoyed what he ate. I ordered Rad Na and it was the blandest thing I've ever had in my life.

My husband ordered the spicy fried rice.

We also ordered the Amata sampler. The coconut shrimp were burnt. The egg rolls were soggy and just bad. The only bright spot on the platter was the tofu.

While we were there two ladies came in and sat two tables down from us...right after that another 4 -5 tables came in and our server was slammed. He couldn't keep up and its a shame, because he was trying so hard to take care of everyone.

The aforementioned ladies had roaches cross their table - not once, but twice....

Fortunately, when we saw the first one, we had already stopped eating and had asked for our check. But, by the time he actually brought us the check and I paid, we saw another cross the bench.

When I first came to town back in May,this place had great food, good service, etc. I hope they're just having a really bad night and that their pest control service forgot to come???? I hope they get back to where they were, because it used to be good.

Visited February 2013
SC
“upscale feel with same good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

consistently good food, nice atmosphere, great service, reasonable prices
I love their other thai place (family-owned) but prefer this one for a "fancier" feel. Music on Saturdays make it even livelier!

Visited October 2012