“70th Birthday Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 28 Activities in Beaufort
Type: Factory Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The Kazoo Factory houses "Kazoobie Kazoos", America's only full-time manufacturer of plastic kazoos. Our building also houses "The Kazoo Museum", a wonderful collection of historic and interesting kazoos. We offer Factory Tours and a chance to make your own kazoo. Perfect for families, school groups, bus tours, and senior citizens. Our gift shop sells all kinds of kazoos and fun musical instruments. Open year round.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“70th Birthday Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

although this was a surprise for my mother's 70th Birthday, my entire family enjoyed visiting the Kazoo Factory. Fun for all ages. Young nieces, nephews and my son had a blast.

Thanks Melody for a fun afternoon!

16 attraction reviews
“If you build it, they will hum.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We love factories so this was a fun little stop. Melody (perfect name!) was a great guide, and our educational experience included several demonstrations of different types of kazoos, a short but adorable movie about the history of kazoos (pay attention...there's a quiz afterward and I know you don't want to be the class slacker), and a tour of the factory (I appreciate kazoos so much more now that I see the hard work that goes into making each one by hand). The tour ends with the opportunity to make your own kazoo. For $4, this is a great deal! And, when you leave Kazoobie Kazoos, the fun is only beginning. We have already had talented renditions of classical, pop, and even college fight songs, and the night is still young. I would recommend this tour to people of all ages.

“Fun little side trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We had a local recommend this stop, it was great! Melody was a great tour guide & indulged my photo taking along with giving us info & demos regarding the process. We left w a smile & bag of souvenirs, not bad!

“Excellent, fun place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Kazoobie kazoos made our wedding favors, they were a hit. We visited them while on our honeymoon, Melody, our tour guide, was great! Fun and informational! A must stop!

South Carolina
“The Best $4 I Ever Spent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

What a wonderful and informative tour of Beaufort's Kazoo Factory. After a walk through the kazoo museum, a talented performance by Melody on the different types of kazoos, an entertaining video and brief tour of the factory, my friends and I made our own kazoos and had a blast playing them in the car, on a nature hike and at a restaurant. I highly recommend this tour for adults and children alike.

Visited August 2013