“If you build it, they will hum.” 5 of 5 stars

843-982-6387
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: The Kazoo Factory houses "Kazoobie Kazoos", America's only full-time manufacturer of plastic kazoos. Our building also houses "The Kazoo Museum", a wonderful collection of historic and interesting kazoos. We offer Factory Tours and a chance to make your own kazoo. Perfect for families, school groups, bus tours, and senior citizens. Our gift shop sells all kinds of kazoos and fun musical instruments. Open year round.
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“If you build it, they will hum.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We love factories so this was a fun little stop. Melody (perfect name!) was a great guide, and our educational experience included several demonstrations of different types of kazoos, a short but adorable movie about the history of kazoos (pay attention...there's a quiz afterward and I know you don't want to be the class slacker), and a tour of the factory (I appreciate kazoos so much more now that I see the hard work that goes into making each one by hand). The tour ends with the opportunity to make your own kazoo. For $4, this is a great deal! And, when you leave Kazoobie Kazoos, the fun is only beginning. We have already had talented renditions of classical, pop, and even college fight songs, and the night is still young. I would recommend this tour to people of all ages.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun little side trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had a local recommend this stop, it was great! Melody was a great tour guide & indulged my photo taking along with giving us info & demos regarding the process. We left w a smile & bag of souvenirs, not bad!

“Excellent, fun place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Kazoobie kazoos made our wedding favors, they were a hit. We visited them while on our honeymoon, Melody, our tour guide, was great! Fun and informational! A must stop!

South Carolina
“The Best $4 I Ever Spent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

What a wonderful and informative tour of Beaufort's Kazoo Factory. After a walk through the kazoo museum, a talented performance by Melody on the different types of kazoos, an entertaining video and brief tour of the factory, my friends and I made our own kazoos and had a blast playing them in the car, on a nature hike and at a restaurant. I highly recommend this tour for adults and children alike.

Visited August 2013
Swansboro, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“BEST TIME EVER!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I visited a friend and we all went on a tour of the Kazoo Factory on a late Friday afternoon to kick off our weekend. It was AMAZING! The folks there were super friendly, and welcomed us with smiles! The Factory starts off with a self tour of the history of the Kazoo, other instruments and fun facts, then the guided tour starts with Meldoy. She was so great, so informative and laid back-- we loved her! Once the tour was finished, we made our own kazoo! We walked away laughing and playing tunes on our new kazoos. We highly recommend the tour, or coming in and buying your own kazoo, and looking around! Ask for Melody, but everyone there is just super great! We loved the tour, loved the visit and love our kazoos!!!

Visited August 2013