“Excellent, fun place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 19 activities in Beaufort
Type: Factory Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The Kazoo Factory houses "Kazoobie Kazoos", America's only full-time manufacturer of plastic kazoos. Our building also houses "The Kazoo Museum", a wonderful collection of historic and interesting kazoos. We offer Factory Tours and a chance to make your own kazoo. Perfect for families, school groups, bus tours, and senior citizens. Our gift shop sells all kinds of kazoos and fun musical instruments. Open year round.
“Excellent, fun place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Kazoobie kazoos made our wedding favors, they were a hit. We visited them while on our honeymoon, Melody, our tour guide, was great! Fun and informational! A must stop!

Visited September 2013

South Carolina
“The Best $4 I Ever Spent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

What a wonderful and informative tour of Beaufort's Kazoo Factory. After a walk through the kazoo museum, a talented performance by Melody on the different types of kazoos, an entertaining video and brief tour of the factory, my friends and I made our own kazoos and had a blast playing them in the car, on a nature hike and at a restaurant. I highly recommend this tour for adults and children alike.

Swansboro, North Carolina
“BEST TIME EVER!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I visited a friend and we all went on a tour of the Kazoo Factory on a late Friday afternoon to kick off our weekend. It was AMAZING! The folks there were super friendly, and welcomed us with smiles! The Factory starts off with a self tour of the history of the Kazoo, other instruments and fun facts, then the guided tour starts with Meldoy. She was so great, so informative and laid back-- we loved her! Once the tour was finished, we made our own kazoo! We walked away laughing and playing tunes on our new kazoos. We highly recommend the tour, or coming in and buying your own kazoo, and looking around! Ask for Melody, but everyone there is just super great! We loved the tour, loved the visit and love our kazoos!!!

12 attraction reviews
“Very kid friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Off-beat factory tour. They do a little history, a little demo, & everyone gets to assemble his/her own kazoo. Friendly staff encourage kids to ask questions. At the end of the tour kids are advised on rules not to drive parents crazy with kazoo.

Ohio
25 attraction reviews
“Great day trip while at the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were in Hilton Head, SC in July and having been there several years were looking for something different to do one day to get a break from the beach and pool. My wife found the Kazoo Factory so we decided to head there for the day. My wife and I and our 3 children were accompanied by my cousin and her daughter. The kazoo factory is located in Beaufort, SC which is about a 45 minute drive from Hilton Head depending on traffic. We had a great time. We were met as we arrived by Melodie who was wonderful with the kids and did a great job with the tour. The tour started out with us looking at a small Kazoo Museum that they have inside. We then watched a movie about the history of the kazoo which was followed by a tour of the factory. The kazoo bodies come from a plant in Florida, but they are assembled and shipped from the Beaufort location. The kids saw how they were put together, how they are packed, and so on. Then, at the end, everybody (kids and adults) got to make a kazoo to take home. The tour cost $4 per person which included the kazoo we made. Again, I though Melodie did a fantastic job and was super nice with the kids. I loved her directions to the kids when we left which included "no playing the kazoo in any form of transportation". It saved our ears on the car ride back to Hilton Head. LOL. If you are looking for something off the beaten path to do while in the area, this is a pretty cool place to visit. I would allow about 1-1.5 hours total for your visit.

Visited July 2013