“Worth the price of the ticket” 5 of 5 stars

(843) 476-7789
Website
Improve this listing
Washington, Indiana
“Worth the price of the ticket”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Debbie was a great historian, gave a wonderful performance! Will definitely take the tour again next time I visit Savannah.

Visited April 2013

acworth
“Best tour in Beaufort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have been on this tour at least five times since finding Beaufort in 1995 and it never is a dull moment. It is always funny and charming, Walter Gay himself is the best tour guide. The town is lovely and the history is remarkable. The water scenes are breath taking as are the southern anti- bellum mansions, 400 year old bulkheads of tabby shells holding the grounds back along the Beaufort Bay with the Spanish moss swaying in the breeze over the water. Palm trees and thousand yr old oaks with branches the kiss the ground adorn every view. Artist, museums, and the pure history, the architecture of the buildings it s amazing. Walter grew up here in Beaufort with Pat Conroy and many other Characters, that I have come to know and love so well. Pat is always lunching at the Griffin, he acts as though you are the one he is supposed to remember, Walter is a Gem, his tour guides are very good too. I have never once seen the abuse of his horses, I rescue dogs, I would notice.. sure that wasn't the other carriage company? be sure you get the Walter GAY tour! And look for Lt' Dan (Gary Sinese) you'll find him when you become a regular.

Visited October 2012
Red Bank, New Jersey
“Nice little ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

So pretty, carriage driver/tour guide was very spirited in her description of the town's history. Enjoyed it!

Visited December 2012
Florence, South Carolina, USA
8 attraction reviews
“Great Tour - Great Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We decided to take the tour to see the sights of Beaufort. This was well worth it. We bought this package with our B/B and the concierge at the B/B made the reservations. The day was nippy, but blankets were provided. The guide was informative and graciously answered all our questions. I would recommend taking this tour, then setting out on foot for the sites in which you are most interested.

Visited November 2012
Montgomery, Texas
67 attraction reviews
“Interesting tour, hot seat, inconsiderate guide”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

On a one-day visit to Beaufort, SC, my wife and I opted for a one-hour carriage tour around the historic town to see the sights on a warm September afternoon. We pre-purchased our tickets in one of the tour's remote offices and were the first ones to the stand where the carriages departed. We were there about 20 minutes before the tour departed. Others began to arrive. The driver & guide pulled the carriage up to the departure area, stopped, and positioned the movable stairs. He then proceeded to ask about large parties, and several folks immediately indicated they didn't hear well and wanted to sit in front, others wanted to sit adjacent to or directly behind a friend. He finally boarded my wife and I, the first ones there, in the last row, furthest away from his front position commentary and where the sun shown beneath the buggy top directly on our backs. The guide was very knowledgeable, the sights very interesting, but it was heard to hear and the ride was miserable, setting in the sun. If I had it to do over, I'd ask refuse to sit in the back and ask for my money back, or at least ask for another later carriage and be seated in front.

Visited September 2012