“Wonderful beginning to beach vacacation” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout
Lexington, Kentucky
“Wonderful beginning to beach vacacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Perfect way to start our beach vacation. The staff was friendly and attentive. Coffee was great and the food was out of this world. Don't miss a fab breakfast at Shoofly!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Flagler Beach, FL
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

After reading these reviews, I cannot believe I was at the same restaurant. My daughter and I went to Shoofly Kitchen this morning, 7/3/13, at 10AM. There were only 3 other patrons in the restaurant. I ordered a Greek omelet with hash browns and biscuit and my daughter ordered the breakfast burrito with hash browns. We ordered water with lemon and I asked for orange juice. We received the waters promptly but waited and waited and waited for our food. The waitress came to tell me they were out of OJ. I said I was fine with my water. After 30 minutes, we received our breakfast. The Greek omelet was the worst omelet I have ever tasted - one bite and I was done. It did not have fresh spinach (which I expected because the menu said sautéed spinach) but instead what appeared to be an entire can of spinach or box of frozen spinach heavily doctored with spices. The biscuits were miniature but were the only thing I ate so they were great! The hash browns were also spiced - I had only 4 of those. The waitress then brought the OJ stating it had just arrived (perhaps they sent someone to the store for OJ and canned spinach). I informed the waitress I would not be paying for the terrible omelet but would pay for the hash browns and biscuits. The breakfast burrito was edible but not spectacular. My daughter ate half of the enormous portion and left her hash browns as well. A woman I believe was the owner came over to explain they put a lot of things in their omelets and said I would not be charged. When I went to the register to pay, my server did charge me for the hash browns, biscuit and OJ. I was happy to pay and get out. Perhaps since it is the day before the 4th of July the regular chef is on vacation, who knows??? But I cannot believe I was in the same restaurant as the others who wrote such wonderful reviews!!! Definite thumbs down.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Fantastic Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This restaurant had such a wonderful variety of Brunch food. I had the crab omelet and my husband had the sweet potato hash. Friends had French toast while others had lemon cottage cheese pancakes. Although there were other choices to be made we were all extremely pleased with our selections. The waitstaff was very helpful and we all agreed that we would have to go there again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
shooflykitchen, Owner at Shoofly Kitchen, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so sorry that you had such a poor experience. I am sorry that you did not like what you ordered and that it was not to your taste. Our Greek Omelet and Breakfast Burrito are two of our best selling items. I can only hope that while you were here you expressed your concerns to a manager and gave us an opportunity to rectify any problems you had. I would like to reimburse you for the rest of your breakfast. We are closed Mondays, but feel free to come by any other day. Again, I apologize that your experience was not enjoyable.
Knoxvi
“Awesome breakfast! Great service and food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I had the crab cakes eggs Benedict, my hubs had the scrambler, son had the omelet. We all loved it! The biscuits were a little dry. The place was clean, we got a TON of food, our server was really nice, and the cook (who made everyones food by himself!) was awesome! Will go back next time I'm in town! P.s. We love the fly swatter clock on the back wall :)

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indian Head, Maryland
“Family Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The BEST place for breakfast in Beaufort! Everything was fresh and delicious! The staff is awesome! I highly recommend it to anyone visiting Beaufort.

Visited May 2013