“Definitely left us wanting to come back” 5 of 5 stars

City Loft Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Carteret Street, Beaufort, SC 29902   |
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Definitely left us wanting to come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

We drove from Cape Cod Ma to attend the USMC graduation. The first night we stayed in housing on base, it was a very unpleasant experience to say the least. The next day we were searching for a new place to stay and a very pleasant front desk women at the Hilton Garden hotel that was fully booked called City Loft and found out they had a room available. Upon arriving there we were greeted by a very pleasant young women who showed us one of the rooms, we were sold. The room was clean, decorated so nice, I felt like I was in a luxury hotel. The bathroom had a large tub and a 4 head shower. No special detail had been overlooked by them. The location was off a somewhat busy road but the atmosphere was calm and quiet. There is a small porch to sit on. No pool but a nice gym with steam saunas which we didn't get to try due to time. We had a great nights sleep on the memory foam mattress. Everyone there was so pleasant and helpful. I would definitely recommend this place and we cant wait to come back again some time. Thank you City Loft for making our stay so nice.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
CLHGM, General Manager at City Loft Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2010
Thank you so much for your review. We are all so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff is very friendly and accommodating and I am thrilled that they made you feel so welcome. Congratulations on your Graduate - I can't tell you how much I admire our soldiers and appreciate the service to our country. I hope the next time you are down this way you will stay with again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

City Loft Hotel in Beaufort, SC is creating magic one guest at a time. This hotel only has a very few rooms which I love. Last May my wife and I stayed at City Loft at the recommendation of a friend. It was just terrific. Great service, Fabulous room, Nice little cafe for light snacks, free wifi and the perfect location, right downtown. Recently I had to be in Bluffton which is 30 miles away but we stayed at City Loft. That is how good it is. I know a bit about quality and value since I ran Disney World Operations for ten years. Have a magical day.
.Lee Cockerell
Walt Disney World
Executive Vice President(Retired)
www.LeeCockerell.com

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Cockerell,
Thank you so much for your fabulous review. It's particularly special coming from someone with standards as high as yours! I appreciate you making a special trip to Beaufort just to stay at City Loft Hotel. The staff and I hope to see you again very soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

Very European ....with that wonderful down-south hospitality. Style was remeniscent of a hotel we stayed at in Stockholm several years ago. Very chic ... clean ... perfect for our get-away weekend. Hospitaly was "southern" at its very best! And loved the Coffee Shop and its amenities being right on site.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
CLHGM, General Manager at City Loft Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2010
Hi PopPop! Thank you so much for the great compliments. I love being compared to a hotel in Sweden and am thrilled that you enjoyed our Southern Hospitality. City Java & News kick starts a perfect day with great coffee and espresso drinks or a late afternoon glass of wine. I hope that you will be able to get back to Beaufort soon and stay with us again. Happy traveling.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

Business travel can be no fun at times but City Loft was a very welcome surprise. A recent work assignment took me to Beaufort and I must say that I wasn't really looking forward to it. But City Loft changed my perceptions quickly. The staff was warm, friendly and most accomodating with directions and dinner recommendations. They personally walked me down to my room and I must say, the pictures on the web site do not begin to describe the accomdations. I felt like I was in a spa-resort! Not only am I leaving a post on TripAdvisor but I personally called each of my co-workers to tell them about this wonderful gem.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your great review! I know it's hard to travel for business and I am happy that you found an oasis in City Loft Hotel. I love our business travelers and cater to the tired souls who are working while in Beaufort. On your next trip to Beaufort keep in mind that we offer room service delivery from Saltus River Grill, Breakwater and Wren. We can deliver it right to your room with a bottle of wine or choice of beer in case you need to stay in and work or just want to enjoy your room. Come back soon and Happy Travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

it was a very good stay, quite close to the nice little downtown. Has a coffee shop attached.
Room was very nice, cool decor, quiet to sleep, SUPER comfy bed. (as usual, I couldn't work the TV - but I don't understand these new fangled remote controls). A photo on the website made my colleague think there was a pool on site, but she READ the print later and realized it was an offer to a club 10 miles away....
Would come back again

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review. City Loft Hotel is a great hotel for the business traveler. We are thrilled to have a new association with The Sanctuary at Cat Island which is where the pool is. From downtown it is only six miles and approximately a 10 minute drive - we would never want anyone to think it is on our property. There is not just one pool either - the complex has an all adult pool, hot tub, family pool and kiddie pool. Our guests also have charging privileges at the grill for food and cocktails. Definitely keep it in mind for your next trip - it's a great way to relax after all of your hard work! Happy Travels!
Valle Crucis, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

They do green like no other. This is the best place to stay in Beaufort. All the staff were amazingly helpful. The room was tastefully done, the bed was divine!
My husband & I travel extensively and we had our best night sleep in a long time.
Jason at the desk was helpful with information & making us feel welcomed.

So glad we found this oasis by the sea.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. I am thrilled that the beds gave you a good nights sleep. The memory foam topper ads that special something to keep you comfy. I especially appreciate the comment about Jason. He is a great asset to our staff and we are happy to have him as part of our team. Jason and all of us look forward to you seeing you on your next visit! Happy Travels.
CHARLESTON sc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

We recently stayed at City Loft and our stay was excellent! The customer service was excellent, the bed was VERY comfy and my biggest dilemma was deciding between bathing in the big tub or the awesome shower! I usually like to try different hotels for the sake of variety when returning to a destination, but not in Beaufort. We will be staying at City Loft when we return this month!

• Stayed August 2010
I am so happy the you Loved It!! It is hard to make the decision between the comfy bed and the soaking tub, though. Fortunately, we are only an hour from Charleston and perfect getaway so the tub and the bed are no too far away. Come back soon.

Been to City Loft Hotel? Share your experiences!