“Good experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Beaufort / Parris Island

You added Howard Johnson Inn Beaufort / Parris Island to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Beaufort / Parris Island
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3651 Trask Parkway, I-95 Ex 33 to Highway 17 North to Highway 21, Beaufort, SC 29906 (Formerly Howard Johnson Express Inn - Beaufort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Haledon
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I went to my son's graduation , I did my homework online and found this
Hotel , that wasn't far from the place I was going , the service was good
The continental breakfast was even better!! Especially the waffle :)
But overall it was a family clean place to stay in, I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

GMbeaufortSC, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Beaufort / Parris Island, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Beaufort. I am glad that you found your stay favorable and that you would recommend us. As you mentioned, we have hot belgian waffles on our breakfast which have been well received. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Beaufort.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
texas City, Texas, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My 18 yr old daughter, traveling for the first time alone, stayed in this hotel and was assaulted and verbally threatened by a "vagrant" in barefeet and not acting "right in the head" while going through the breakfast line in the lobby of this hotel. She was grabbed between the legs!
It was witnessed by the desk clerk and several guests of the hotel. Found out this "vagrant" had come over for "free" coffee from the bus terminal which is next to this hotel.
Was treated rudely by the desk clerk I had to call to find out why nothing was done about this and then treated even more rudely and yelled at by the hotel "manager" the next day when I wanted to find out why this was not treated differently or why the police were not called! My daughter filed a police report with the Beaufort police and interestingly enough, they made mention that they were aware of "issues" in "that location". So, if you decide to stay here, take your pepper spray and take some self-defense lessons. Watch your back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Aldie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Your customer service at the front desk was horrible. Your hotel serves many many military families and its a shame that they have to deal with the older african american male in the front. He does not answer the phone with Hello Howard Johnson... he answers with "hi". he didnt program our room key for an extra day like we asked him and when i was checking in he was soo busy counting change in the drawer and didnt even look up to great me! We were in town to say goodbye to my grandmother who was dying of breast cancer and we will never stay your hotel chain ever again after this horrible experience.

Bloomingdale, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The gentleman gave us a room key that wouldn't even let us in the building. We spent 20 mins outside in the cold fighting to get in before we went to another door. The front desk clerk was very rude at breakfast he told us how to get toaster to work the microwave was running to. No one could get it to work we asked for help. I will never return there.

• Stayed October 2013
Trenton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I had made reservations for this hotel way in advance but upon arriving it still took over a half hour to check in. So many mistakes first they said I didnt have reservations so I took out my copy of confirmation and the found my room by my wyndham rewards # then they had 2 rooms for 1 night I reserved 1 room handicapped and smoking for 2 nights.After saying I made my reservations through Wyndham Rewards they gave me a room on second floor non smoking .I asked if this was a smoking room and the reply was oh you wanted a smoking room? so they changed that to smoking room still on second floor after all the time it took I wasnt about to stand there and change to handicapped.But the most annoying part all this was under the name Jennifer Murton instead of my name which is Katherine Martin even though they had my address and rewards number so I may not even get the rewards for staying which the last time I checked it was applied to my account. Once again I get cheated on reward points .The clerk at the front desk was quite irrated but I had nothing to do about that end of the reservation I was glad to bring my printed confirmation with me or I may never have gotten my room. The room on the other hand was a bit lower grade than I've had in the past. The bed was totally disgusting, it had brown stains all over the cover of the box spring and it was very uncomfortable it felt like the mattress needed to be replaced and the pad cover on the bed wasn't even the right size. It was a smoking room with no ashtrays.The floor in the bathroom was filthy and the tub had stains in it .When they came to get the dirty towels they didnt even leave us clean hand towels and and the other bath towel that they took .I have nothing else to say because it brings back memories that I dont care to remember but I will not be staying at that Howard Johnson again.

Hamden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Hotel property is an older property, but maintained. We stayed here for my son's graduation from Parris Island. 10/08-10/11/13 The gentleman that checked us in was very friendly and helpful. When we arrived they just steamed cleaned all room carpets and halls had a nice fesh smell and our room was clean we didn't see one bug! House keeping did a nice job. Breakfast was good - loved the waffles! I would say here again.
Thanks - Ed

Room Tip: Rear rooms face the water