“Great Hotel!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Beaufort / Parris Island

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Inn Beaufort / Parris Island to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Beaufort / Parris Island
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3651 Trask Parkway, I-95 Ex 33 to Highway 17 North to Highway 21, Beaufort, SC 29906 (Formerly Howard Johnson Express Inn - Beaufort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #11 of 15 hotels in Beaufort
texas
“Great Hotel!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2008

I went for a trip to Beaufort, SC and stayed at Howard Johnson. The property was very clean from outside and the sites were wonderful as well. The office was beautiful and the customer service was outstanding.
The hotel had pool and served breakfast in morning. The rooms were very clean and organized and were furnished with office table, comfortable beds with fresh linen, phone and cable television. I stayed there for 4 days and enjoyed it very much. Janice Amick

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

My family drove over 500 miles, and I refused to let my family stay in those conditions at any cost. The lobby was being used as storage with drywall and insulation, not to mention that we were traveling with a 9 month old baby. You could use the restroom in the lobby, but the sink did not work, so you could not wash your hands. We took a quick a tour thinking maybe the rooms would be a little better, not to judge the book by the cover. Wrong, the stink in the hallway was as if you were entering into a bar. The carpets were a mess, the blankets were terrible. The outlets had missing covers, this was no place for my family or anyones family. The best thing about the hotel was the phone worked and the clerk at the front desk made a few calls for us and find us another hotel that had 7 rooms left and we needed 5. We were blessed to get a room because we were in town along with the other 100's of families that had loved one Graduating from the Marines Boot Camp in Paris Island, SC.

V. Robbins
MD

Stayed January 2008
Abingdon MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2007

This was the most horrible hotel I have ever stayed in. The place was dirty and smelled. Our balcony door was not attatched to the room (it was leaning against the railing) The doors on the exterior were not locked and were missing handles. The dressers in the room were falling apart and missing their handles. There was no toilet paper dispenser. The ice bucket had a whole in the bottom. The carpet was stained. The maid service did not clean the room properly and left trash in the room.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2007

This was the most disgusting place I've ever been in....there were roaches in our room, I had a cigarette burn in my sheets...I mentioned this to the manager the first day and it was still there the second day. Housekeeping didn't even bother to change it....the beds were never made correctly..The bathtub was clogged and would not drain, the carpet was dirty and worn, the lamps were not working, the lampshades were dry rotted and busted...the sink was dirty and the washclothes and towels were dirty. If there was another hotel available I would have checked out. The pool outside was green and disgusting, the water fountain was dirty and inoperable....But unfortunately we were stuck....I have never stayed at such a horrible dirty nasty place in my life. They tried to use the guise that they were remodling but this place was just nasty and dirty....We were charged 85.00 per night....I complained and got a discount which in my opinion was not enough....free would have been too much. I will sleep in my car before I ever check into this hotel again.

• Liked — absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — the dirtiness
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Midlothian, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2007

The exterior and lobby are not that bad. However, the rest of the hotel was in terrible shape. The pool was scummed over with old stagnate water. The walk to the room was surrounded by one unfinished project after another. The stairs were shaky and old. I walked tentatively. Upon opening the door to the hotel room, the air was contaminated with the odor of stale cigarette smoke. The room was the worst I have ever been in!! There was mold on the shower curtain, cigarette burns on the tub, holes in the room curtains, stains on the carpet and box springs, no bulbs in lamps, no covers on the receptacles, no bedshirts, and overall filth. It was a disgusting place. I would never stay there again. I only stayed there because my grandson was graduating from Parris Island Marine Corpse boot camp and there were no other rooms in all of Beaufort. Honestly, if my wife had been with me, we would have stayed 20 miles away at a Hampton Inn! Don't make my mistake!!! I AM NOT EXAGGERATING!!!!!! Stay away at all costs!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
Spartanburg, SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2007

Stayed here for one night after the airshow in April 2007.

The lady at check in was so very nice and gave us a great suggestion for dinner. Check in and out was very easy. Hassle free.

The front desk area and the actual room were nice and clean. The pool looked clean, too. The continental breakfast was fresh and had a good variety.

But honestly, the outside of this place is kinda scary. There were piles of debris in the parking lot (old mattresses, etc.), the stairs were shaky, and there were some "shady" characters hanging out in the parking lot.

This place has the potential to be a nice, modest hotel, but it needs a lot of work. The old oak tree is beautiful and it has a nice view of the marsh.

Next time in Beaufort we plan on spending a few extra bucks and staying at the Country Inn and Suites down the road.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Beaufort / Parris Island? Share your experiences!