“Very Nice Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
piqua
“Very Nice Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a few nights at this great inn. It is located perfectly for a walk to the shopping area, some nice dining, beautiful old homes and a waterfront park. We were well cared for by all the staff and enjoyed a very yummy breakfast each morning. We loved all the little garden areas and the porch on our building was a great way to enjoy our morning coffee. Each evening we relaxed in the Zen garden. I would return to this inn and suggest it highly to others.

Room Tip: The only room I visited was the one we had but this facility was so nice I'm sure every room is...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sandra C, General Manager at The Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Hi Linda H. - I appreciate that you took the time to write such a nice review about our staff and your stay at The Beaufort Inn. From your review it appears that you explored and enjoyed the many courtyards. People are often so surprised and pleased to find these hideaways among the many cottages and houses that make up the Inn's accommodations. The Zen Garden you mentioned is a guest favorite, especially during cool evenings when the fire pit keeps you toasty warm! Please come back and visit again and bring some friends!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Lexington, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Loved this place. Quiet and convenient to nearby shops and restaurants. Beautiful large room. Comfortable bed. Breakfast was excellent. Loved the cooked to order omelet! All staff were very helpful. Would love to come back.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi "Debbie" - Thank you for sharing your positive experience at The Beaufort Inn with others. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations and breakfast and found our location in the Historic District so convenient to restaurants and shopping. Beaufort has become a favorite destination, most recently being named by Fodor's as one of the top ten best small towns in the United States! The secret of our quaint and welcoming town is now public! I do hope you will visit again.
Summerville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Bad management , Our air conditioning went out around midnight. There is no one working over night so my friend I and I spent the night on the porch. Our room was 80+ degrees. Our room cost $324.00 a night and no one even said they were sorry. It has really bad management. They never answer the phone or return your calls, one young lady Taylor does it all. Answers the phone, delivers ice and food from restaurant and checks you in. I would never go back. Lillian

Room Tip: No airconditiong bring a fan
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Sandra C, General Manager at The Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Prior to reading your review on Trip Advisor I was unaware of the difficulties you experienced and described in your review and in your email message to me. You and I spoke when you made your reservation and I completely understand your dissatisfaction and it is warranted. I am very concerned that you did not receive the quality of service you expected and deserve as a guest of The Beaufort Inn.

My request to speak with you is to express my regret and to apologize for the circumstances that negatively impacted your stay. We have many "safety net" procedures in place to ensure we can respond to guest needs for service regardless of the time of day. These include,
the use of an after hours call center, an on call maintenance technician and maintenance work order processes.

We use an after hours call center to answer guest calls when the Guest Services desk is not available. No matter the time or day, when a guest makes a call and it is answered by our call center. I or an assigned member of my staff receives a call and an email and we take needed action. Regrettably this process did not work when you called the front desk after midnight to report the HVAC challenge. Had it worked I would have received a phone call and would have dispatched a maintenance technician who would have arrived to assess the situation. At a minimum arrangements would have been made to accommodate you in another room in the event the problem persisted and could not be remedied.

Also, I am concerned that I did not get your email message or information from my staff that you asked to speak to me. I would not have ignored your message, good or constructive. And whenever a guest requests my attention my staff is instructed to text or call me. This was an oversight. This matter has been addressed with my staff, who as you've observed are very good at their jobs and will ensure that future requests adhere to procedure.

We strive every day to create a positive and memorable guest experience. With all that we have in place to accomplish this,it would appear that we failed in many ways to serve you and your friend. As a result of your experience I have reviewed all processes with each responsible party to ensure we can deliver our service promise to guests. Your feedback, while difficult to read does help us improve. And as a result we've made improvements to our call coverage process, internal communications procedures and maintenance work order processes.

I would very much appreciate hearing from you. It is important to us that we have an opportunity to demonstrate to you that we can deliver the level of service you expect and deserve as a guest of The Beaufort Inn.
Columbia, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

You can't ask for a better location and the many different kinds of accommodation are beautiful. The courtyard is especially beautiful, with lush plantings around a red brick courtyard, and soft lighting at night. Four of us stayed in the Fisher House, where we each had a bedroom (two with four-poster beds) and shared two very large, nicely equipped bathrooms. Those rooms were everything we had hoped for, and we also loved the front porch (with a view of a parking lot and one pretty residential street). But we were surprised that something called a 'house' had no kitchen, not even a kitchenette. There was a microwave and a minifridge in an entryway, that also held a game table and some bookcases. The room had one love seat and one easy chair, so they have tried to make this into a a living area, but it was a bit of a fizzle--with only one window, the room is dark, plus the microwave is unusable because the cord is too short to reach the outlet. Granted, the very gracious staff would no doubt have done something to correct this if we had called it to their attention, but in my view, that is the kind of detail they should have noticed and fixed themselves.

We found the quality of the food rather hit or miss. Dinner was excellent. Breakfast was disappointing. The staff member taking us to our rooms had praised the French toast and freshly-made omelets, but neither was available the next morning on a buffet set up rather awkwardly in the dining area. When the chef asked if everything was to our satisfaction, I expressed disappointment over no French toast as promised. His response was to lecture me on the difficulties of preparing so many breakfasts and bringing them to the Beaufort Inn. He was at some pains to make sure I knew the catering firm was not part of the Inn. I don't know what the story is about all that, but it was rather off-putting.

Would I stay again? Absolutely, the place and the INN staff are lovely. Ashley was a dear and helped with tips for restaurants in town. But I think I will try one of the courtyard rooms next time. They have balconies overlooking the beautiful courtyard. And I will know not to expect much from breakfast.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Griffin, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

The Beaufort Inn was a wonderful place to stay. The first thing I noticed when we walked onto the grounds from the parking lot was the smell of jasmine. When we walked into the courtyard garden it was beautiful with jasmine growing everywhere. Our room was very pretty and had its own private porch. There are also cottages surrounding the garden. The inn has a restaurant which serves a free breakfast. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable regarding the surrounding area.
Beaufort is a beautiful town with very nice shops and excellent restaurants. We will definitely go back and will stay at the inn.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in a room that overlooks the garden as the view is beautiful and serene.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sandra C, General Manager at The Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
It appears that your timing was perfect! For about two weeks each Spring The Beaufort Inn is awash with Confederate Jasmine. It is amazing that those little white star shaped flowers can emit such an intoxicating fragrance! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed your porch and our many courtyards. We love to encourage guests to sit and relax and enjoy nature's show. Beaufort is a special place steeped in history and with much to offer visitors. I hope your return visit will bring you back to The Beaufort Inn. The Fall brings with it pecans from the very large tree in our Garden Courtyard!
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

For my fiancés 30th bday we decided to take a boat trip from Charleston to Beaufort, SC to explore a new city! We docked at the city marina a short 3 minute walk from the Beaufort Inn. The Greyhound Flats where we stayed (a property owned by the Beaufort Inn) is right across the street and is amazing! The rooms sleep 6 people are seen newly renovated. My fiancé was thoroughly impressed by the size and modernness of the room! The only downfall is that the room has a slight musty smell. It's definitely something you can get use to. The beds are super comfy, the shower is amazing, and these flats are located in the heart of all the restaurants/shops! They have a great military discount so don't forget to mention that! We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
What a wonderful 30th birthday celebration for your fiancé! Beaufort is a special town located on the Intracoastal Waterway and The Beaufort Inn, as you described, is located in the heart of the Historic District close to great shopping and restaurants. The Greyhound Flats are unique accommodations - sleek, modern and spacious amidst traditional surroundings. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We often have guests arrive by boat and spend the night - the best of two exciting adventures! I appreciate your feedback about the "mustiness" in the room. Dehumidifiers have recently been installed and we already notice a big improvement in the room quality. You pointed out that we offer a military discount. Beaufort is a military town and we do or best to support the military and their families with a 20% discount off our Best Available Rate. I hope you visit again - if you decide to drive we are only 1 hour from Charleston!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Impressive grounds and we had an impeccable room and restroom, we had room #11. The Beaufort Inn is so conveniently located to the water front, shops, restaurants, gorgeous historic houses, churches and the like within short walking distance. The service is outstanding, breakfast is first class... from fine china to the chef prepared delicious foods. After coming back from a warm afternoon stroll in town, you can help yourself to the refreshing iced tea and pastries provided in the lobby, and enjoy them while sitting in the Zen Garden or porch. The refreshments are always different every afternoon!! (from 5-6 PM).
The personnel is excellent, very friendly, warm and accommodating. We HIGHLY recommend this Inn, you will have a memorable experience!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
I so appreciate your wonderful review of The Beaufort Inn and Beaufort, our wonderful historic town by the sea! You described perfectly our great location and special amenities, including the Southern-style breakfast, afternoon snack and our many courtyards and grounds. I am so pleased to know that you experienced the hospitality we strive to deliver and that it made your trip memorable. There is much to see and do in Beaufort - I hope you will make a return visit for one of our many festivals and events.

Been to The Beaufort Inn? Share your experiences!