“"A lovely place...so comfortable!” 5 of 5 stars

The Beaufort Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   809 Port Republic Street, Beaufort, SC 29902   |
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
New York City, New York
“"A lovely place...so comfortable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Beaufort Inn when I was travelling to Florida this summer. Such a charming town and the Inn is beautiful. I enjoyed the fairy lit courtyard, my own private porch to sit on, and the wonderful breakfast served on real china. I could have stayed for days!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Originally look at Beaufort, N.C. instead of Beaufort, S.C. Glad we ended up in S.C. Great place to stay ! Truly a southern hospitality Inn and a very charming historic town.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
beaufortinn, Owner at The Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Dear AlmaL723, thank you for your kind words. We hope to welcome you back to Beaufort very soon!
Greenville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed at The Beaufort Inn for our wedding anniversary during the weekend of August 26, 2011. It is an exceptional place to spend time with your significant other. We stayed in a cottage which is absolutely wonderful....twin rocking chairs on the front porch to close out your evening. Huge bathrooms with lovely glass showers and oversized bath tubs, flat screen televisions in the living room and bedroom, secluded rear entrances for privacy, beautiful hardwood floors, free WI-FI, complimentary breakfast to order, and free parking just across the street. The staff is great and were very, very helpful....they live to ensure you enjoy your stay. There's tons of historic sites for you to enjoy and you're just a few minutes from Parris Island Marine Corps Base. There's a quaint restaurant around the corner that offers live easy listening music. One of the most picturesque features is the Waterfornt Park located just through downtown. It has porch swings and plants all along the length of the park.....all in walking distance from the Inn. What makes the park really nice is the city's restriction on anything on wheels (bicycles, skates, skatesboard, etc.).The Beaufort Inn offers rooms in their main building but the cottages will be our choice in the future. The location and features are well worth the cost of your stay and price is never a consideration where my wife is concerned.....she deserves it.

Mr & Mrs Neal
Greenville, SC

Room Tip: We liked the cottages on the main street...easy access and visibility of your vehicle
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I will be honest and say I made a mistake when I booked this place because I'm from Minnesota and was seeing my, then, girlfriend in Georgia. I thought I was on a Savannah site when I placed the reservation.
After our short time at the Beaufort Inn, we fell in love with the place and have just created a new annual event for us. We got there on a Sunday and were worried we might not find a place open to eat and were pleasantly surprised at the fantastic quaint downtown restaurants open.
We found the ocean beach, the pier walk, the food at the Inn, the hospitality just so exceptional. I really hesitate to let anyone else know so we can keep it to ourselves,,,but I know you folks gotta eat too!
Being a carpenter I couldn't take in enough of the classic woodwork and architecture. I can not safe enough about how special this trip was thanks to you all!
Thanks and we'll be back again and again!
Mark and Holly
(now engaged!)

Room Tip: We were in a ground floor room in the cottage in back. Loved the privacy and the claw foot tub and w...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback about The Beaufort Inn on Trip Advisor! We are delighted you had the opportunity to visit our sweet little town. Congratulations on your engagement! Beaufort Weddings & Events at The Beaufort Inn has many unique and charming venues that would be the perfect backdrop for your magical wedding day. We hope to welcome you back to Beaufort very soon!
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

My sister and brother-in-law were married here on 09/10/2011 and chose this place before he was re-stationed in Virginia Beach... and the entire family is SO glad that they stuck with Beaufort. The weather was absolutely beautiful, the accommodations were stunning, and the staff could not have been more wonderful and helpful. My parents, brother and sister-in-law, and myself stayed in the back bunkhouse on the courtyard and all of us loved our rooms -- mine was vaulted and had a balcony which was AMAZING, especially with a cup of tea and the Bose radio in the morning, as well as the evenings when the family (which had about 2/3 of the place booked up!) was relaxing late at night in the courtyard. My only draw-back was that the toilets were WEAK, so as a tip from a number of folks, don't expect much flush! *hahaha!* But other than regular wear-and-tear from guests and weather (ie: ceiling fan on balcony didn't work, wood had weathered and paint was coming off of patio furniture on balcony, etc.), this was a picture-perfect dream wedding for her and vacation for me. Thank you for exceeding our expectations.

Room Tip: We were in the 4 single-room bunkhouse on the courtyard which was phenomenal -- great for 2 people i...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Gatlinburg, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

The following is an excerpt of the comments I left for the folks at the Beaufort Inn:

"The room was very clean and comfortable. Thank you for the wonderful fruit tray, we felt immediately welcomed! All the touches of home are greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for everything."

Without a doubt this is a wonderful place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone without hesitation. We look forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: We stayed in the garden view rooms in an adjunct building to the main house. The room was very nice...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

My husband and I stay for USMC Graduation and family day. Really enjoyed the quaint downtown and the Beaufort Inn. Clean, quiet and close to the base. The breakfast was great and the staff helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Beaufort Inn? Share your experiences!