“Dirty, smelly but accepted pets” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
“Dirty, smelly but accepted pets”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This place is a mess. We selected it due to location and being able to bring our dog. It smells like wet dog, carpet is nasty, and sheets are stained. Overall everything seemed old but just dirty and worn down.

• Stayed September 2013
General M, General Manager at Quality Inn at Town Center, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
We would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations during your recent visit. We take every review seriously and try to utilize them as a guide to further improve our hotel. Out of the 150 rooms we have on property, only 11 rooms are designated as pet-friendly. We are currently planning to upgrade the flooring in our pet-friendly rooms in the near future.

Please contact the hotel directly to further discuss your recent stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Port St Lucie, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Picked this hotel because pets were allowed. The dog was happy, the people not so much! Older but the real problem is disrepair. Gap in door frame with light shining through and bottom of door had gap large enough for bugs to come in so I stuffed a sock it. Door jam was rusty and broken and i proceeded to cut my hand on a sharp edge. Hole in drywall not repaired, carpets not clean and furniture had broken pieces which could easily be repaired.

Bedding was clean with a protector on both mattresses.

Would try another pet friendly hotel on next visit.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Rockaway, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel was nice enough, and our room was a good size. They allow large dogs, so that was the reason we stayed here. The bed was comfortable, but they use small, less than standard size pillows, so trying to get comfortable with these small pillows wasn't easy, better to bring your own. The first floor room was very convenient with the dog and they have a decent amount of grass and a nice outside area to walk the dog. There was a significant rain storm one night so the walkway outside our room was flooded, and some of the first floor rooms were flooded, but luckily ours was not. The AC was very loud, and did make it hard to sleep, but overall this was a decent hotel, and a very convenient location right in downtown Beaufort, close to everything we needed to get to.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
State College
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Given the mix of reviews on this hotel, I tried to keep an open mind...............nah, it's really REALLY a dump. The leather looking stuffed chair has a huge tear in one arm. A 3 inch cockroach lies dead on the air conditioner. The entry door is rusted badly. Need I go on? Like I said, it's a dump. Will never ever stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
West H artford CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The room was okay, but I left my pillow behind, and I can't get it back from them. I keep getting the runaround. It's been over a week since I started calling them. I even wrote to Choice Hotels and asked their help. I offered to pay the costs, of course. It was a nice down pillow, and maybe someone wanted it for themselves? I have stayed here before because I am a Choice Priv. member. but I think because the Choice Privilege people won't respond to me that I will not be staying at a Choice Privilege Hotel again. Not to mention that staff took forever to clean up the chicken bones left by someone scattered in the elevator and the melted ice cream. Some of the bones accidentally got kicked down in the shaft.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stated here for a family reunion recently and this has to be one (1) of worst hotels ever. Air conditioner did not properly cool our room and there were no other rooms available. Some pervert knocked on my nieces' room door and them made advances at my daughter. Upon hearing this, I spoke to said pervert and requested that he NOT speak to any other guests that looked like me, because the outcome would be different since I would hand the matter over to my husband and the other men in the family. I also notified the front desk, who was then able to find another room for my niece as well as moving my husband and me to another room. Go figure. At breakfast the next morning, another family member stated she had complained to the front desk because she saw a cockroach in her room. The person on duty replied "there are cockroaches everywhere". Really!!!! That is not the answer I would have expected to hear. Anyway, this whole chain of hotels is off of my list of hotels to stay in while traveling. We loved the rest of Beaufort, South Carolina though. Will come back, won't stay there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My family and I came for the weekend. I have never stayed at a hotel as terrible as this. The first room we were in the A/C did not work and one of the beds was broke. I called down to the front desk and they moved us to a different room. The A/C worked but the room was not as clean as it should have been. There was dust on the microwave and the top of the dressers. The room was not cleaned, as it should have been. The associates at the front desk were rude and unfriendly. I sent my sixteen-year-old daughter down to get towels because we only had one set in the room we were moved to. They would not give here any. It was only after I called down to the desk, told them I had just taken a shower, and need a towel so I could dry off. It was ten minutes or so before anyone came with only two towels. This was the worst hotel I have ever been in. You would think that they would want people to come back but they do not make you feel like they want your business. I will not be back and I will be calling the manger to make my grievances known because I could have dealt with moving and even the rudeness but the fact that there was a roach in my bag when I got home was the last straw. Please do not waste your money on staying here. I wish I would have spent a little more money and stayed at a different hotel. I will never stay here or at another Quality Inn anywhere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn at Town Center? Share your experiences!