“Newly remodeled?” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Newly remodeled?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Arrived Monday 3/30. We looked online for hotels that were pet friendly and had availability. This hotel claims to be pet friendly and have availability so we called and booked a room. We arrived about 5pm and my Husband went to check in. To our surprise the hotel does not allow pets. I brought up that their website claims they do. The young lady said they do not. Okay, so the dogs now have to stay in the car for the night. I was not happy about this at all but my husband didn't want to pay a cancelation fee. We get to our room 213 it looks nice, like it's been remodeled. My husband uses the restroom and the light/fan makes a noise like it's ready to explode. It does this every time you turn it on. There's no tub which kinda sucks because my daughter has a broken leg and needs a tub to wash. We managed. My husband goes to wash his hands and the sink fell out of the counter. Almost falling onto his foot. He and our son fixed the sink because the young woman really didn't know what to say about it. There is only 2 bolts holding the sink into the counter. Kinda cheap and dangerous. The door to the bathroom kept coming off the track, really annoying. I went to get ice the ice machine one the 3rd and 2nd floor were out of order. Not a big deal you just go to the main floor. I asked if there were laundry facilities. The girl said " Yes we have a coin washer and dryer but I don't have any quarters". I explained I didn't need any I had some and she said the laundry room was located on the 3rd floor. She didn't say it too was out of order until I came back down. Kinda a pain in the butt. There is however a laundry place down the road. Pull out of the hotel make a left goto the first light make a right and there is a plaza, make a left into the plaza and it's towards the far left of the plaza. It's only open til 11pm week days. I am seriously disappointed that their website says one things about pets and they claim another once you book. I could of pushed the issue because they advertise something but I didnt. I was happy to see its was newly remodeled but its done so cheaply and that's dangerous. If the sink would of fallen and hurt someone our vacation would of been ruined and that would not have been good for their business. Just be warned that while it looks nice, it's kinda janky.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chapin, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed one night for a volleyball tournament. Checked out at 7:30am. Noticed at home that evening that my ipad wasn't in my bag. I left it in the room by accident. Called the hotel immediately and was told the manager would look in her office and call me back in the morning. After no call from her the next day, I called again. Was told again the manager would call me and the front desk cannot access her office where valuables would be put if found. I called again the next day after no call from the manager. I was told by the front desk that they could try and call the manager, but they weren't sure she would answer. They weren't sure when she would be back... I was being treated like it was a huge bother to call the manager. They seemed to think it strange that I would even ask. I called the Beaufort police department. They were very helpful. By some "coincidence" the housekeeper who cleaned my room also cleaned a room where some jewelry was missing......It's been 6 days and no one from the hotel has returned my call. The hotel is clean and updated. Fine for an overnight visit. However it wasn't meant to be all inclusive for the housekeeping staff. The mattresses have the thick plastic wrapping on them. It was noisy and weird.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at this place for two nights and loved it.
The hotel has recently been remodelling and the room we stayed in seemed well functioning. Only complaint we had was the the mattress was still covered in plastic. We thought they might have forgotten to remove it and went to ask the woman at the front desk. She told us it was intentionally to keep the mattress clean.
However we sleept throughout the night so it didn't really matter.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
MasterkeyHotels, Marketing Agency at Sleep Inn Beaufort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Lene,

Thank you for your recent review of our property. We are always pleased to hear our guests enjoyed their stay with us. Our highest priority is to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Thanks once again for your business and please know we value your comments and appreciate the feedback. All the best and hope to see you soon again!!!

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The king room was comfortable, nicely renovated, and large. I had a room on the first floor parking lot side. There was lots of noise from the parking lot and road. Definitely no view which others had mention was quite nice. The walls are thin. I heard the person above walking around and people in neighboring rooms having conversations. Hotel is in a good location with access to many restaurants and shops. The person working the front desk was helpful, kind, and knowledgeable.
The reason this is not a 3 star rating is due to the impression of the hotel upon arrival. There was an individual on the 3rd floor sitting halfway out the window smoking. This scene gave me an uncomfortable feeling of the hotel and area.

Room Tip: Request a room on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time providing us with feedback from your recent stay. I see that you enjoyed your stay but had a few inconveniences. Thank you for praising our service. Our highest priority is to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We truly appreciate your honest feedback and your suggestions will help us to improve our guest experience.

Walterboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is in a very nice area. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. From the outside to the inside everything was clean and very nice. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The rooms were very nice and the beds are ver comfortable. Nice stay away from home. Being my first time at this hotel, will not be my last time.

Room Tip: Rooms are larger than normal
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Francine,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to know that you found our room to spacious and beautiful for your needs. We had a pleasure serving you during your stay and look forward to seeing you very soon. Thanks once again for your business and please know we value your comments and appreciate the feedback.

England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Reception is very efficiently run by an efficient young lady who showed us the room and answered all our questions, the hotel is very well decorated and our room is immaculate, clean and well furnished. The price is very good value and a seniors discount was given. A definite place to recommend. I will comment again if breakfast is not as I expect it to be.

Dear Valued Guest,

Your positive words about our Hotel and Service are highly appreciate. Thank you for sharing them with us. We appreciate your feedback and will gladly share your comments with our staff. We glad that you found your room to be very clean and comfortable. We apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced. Thanks for the recommendation of our hotel. It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This room is more modern than any hotel room I have stayed in. I was surprised! There are some aspects of the hotel that show it wasn't as great before (like an old door handle) but I could care less. Plus, the price is affordable and the hotel is in a good, safe location. Definitely stay here.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
MasterkeyHotels, Marketing Agency at Sleep Inn Beaufort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Julie,

We appreciate your review regarding your most recent stay with us. I am glad you were able to enjoy the hotel and that our staff treated you so well. We are pleased you found our location satisfactory to your needs. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

The Management Team at Sleep Inn

Been to Sleep Inn Beaufort? Share your experiences!