“Clean place.” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hagerstown, Maryland, United States
“Clean place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had to take one star because the pool was closed. All in all a nice place. We stayed on the second floor and it definitely needs remodeling, but that is in progress. It will be awesome once remodeling is done. Good breakfast and friendly staff. The room was clean and I felt safe. I liked the view of the marshes. Super easy to get to Parris Island from this hotel. Lots of eating places close by. I would absolutely stay here again. Again... it was easy to get to Parris Island from this hotel.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
MasterkeyHotels, Marketing Agency at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest,

We greatly appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are truly apologize for the inconvenience that you had during your recent stay with us. We are in the middle of a major renovation to our hotel and looking forward to the brand new finished product. We are very glad to know that you found your stay to be clean and comfortable. It is also great to know that you have enjoyed our complimentary breakfast service. It is also delighted to know that you found our staff friendly and helpful. We are pleased that you found our location satisfactory to your needs and especially the access that has to Paris Island. Thanks once again for your business and please know we value your comments and appreciate the feedback.

The Management Team at Sleep Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It is a surprising great motel: price is good, the room has a great view, and the staff are very friendly. The breakfast has diverse types and the menu seems change everyday. The room is clean.
The location is very convening: besides beautiful Beaufort, you can also go to Charleston, Hilton Head Island, Hunting Island State Park, and many other places.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the wetland.
Green Features: Very promising and flexible. The napkins are recycled products.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are pleased that you found our location satisfactory to your needs and enjoyed your stay. We are pleased to know that you were able to enjoy the view from your room. Clean rooms and helpful courteous service are our highest priority. Our staff strives to provide the best service and we promise to maintain and continuously improve our standards of the hotel. Once again thank you for your positive feedback and we look forward to serving you again.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a stop in Beaufort & was looking for a nice place at a really good price.Read reviews and was a bit skeptical... HOWEVER, it looked nice & the staff was friendly. What a nice room, clean & the bed was sooooo comfy. This place Surprised me !!! It was Great....

Room Tip: You pass this hotel before all the others & they are ALL more expensive....
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the great words about the hotel. Your positive words about our hotel and service are highly appreciate. Thank you for sharing them with us. It’s great to hear that you had enjoyed your stay. I see that you found your stay to be clean and comfortable. We pride ourselves on making sure each of our guests are having a comfortable clean experience. We also glad that you found our staff friendly and helpful. I will be sure to pass along the kind words to our staff. Again thank so much for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Dover, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a great time with this motel, friendly staff from the time we call for reservation, smiles and very helpful at check in , breakfast was in our opinion better then most other motels stayed in. Staff did what ever they could to help our stay. Even allowed pets which made our trip awesome. Thank you

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your most recent stay. We are glad that our staff has made your stay very comfortable. I will share your positive feedback with our staff. We are very pleased that you had a great experience with us and our complimentary breakfast. It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in future.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a budget hotel, so get over yourself if you are expecting a high end place to stay. The hotel was renovating so things were a bit ragged. The room was CLEAN, quiet and fine for the short time we were there. The staff was graceful, professional and very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good and quick. I would like to come back when all the work is done to see how nice it looks!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MasterkeyHotels, Marketing Agency at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest,

We greatly appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We strive to maintain a high level of guest satisfaction and comfort. Clean rooms and helpful courteous service are our highest priority. We are in the middle of a major renovation to our hotel and looking forward to the brand new finished product. We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for praising our staff and our services.

Leland, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

I knew when I booked this hotel that it was under renovation, so I can't base my review on the construction. I was pleasantly surprised that the pool was open (as in other reviews it was not). We used the pool and it was great. The breakfast was sufficient and really was one of the reasons I stayed here, for the convenience of the breakfast. I personally didn't care for the coffee, but the desk clerk very pleasantly directed me to McD's for my favorite coffee! All hotel personnel that I dealt with were very pleasant and helpful.

I am rating this hotel as low-end average based on the fact that the hallway between my room (non-smoking) and my friend's room (also non-smoking) was like walking through a smoky bar. The smell was terrible and you could see the haze in the air. Thankfully, our particular rooms did not have any smoky smell to them. In addition, I was surprised at the fact that the rooms contained only a shower, no tub. This was very inconvenient given that she had a small child with her.

I don't really care for flooring in a hotel, as opposed to carpet, but if you stop to think about it this is probably a cleaner option.

Would I stay there again? Once renovated.. probably. I have no comparison to other hotels in the area that were in the same price range, though I did hear an opinion that one of the others was much nicer for the same rate. It was definitely sufficient for our needs. Beds were comfortable.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
MasterkeyHotels, Marketing Agency at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor! We are pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to maintain a high level of guest satisfaction and comfort. We are very pleased that you had a great experience with us and enjoyed many of our amenities and complementary breakfast. We apologize for the smoking odor issue you had experienced during your stay. I will follow up with the issues and make sure it won’t occur again in the future. Thank you for your business and please know we value your comments and appreciate the feedback. All the best and hope to see you soon again!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

Until renovations are completed this hotel is not worth more than the $35 hotwire price. Very run down and dumpy motel that looks old, worn out and not at all taken care of. Lobby has been partially renovated so looks OK but most of this place looks bad but guess just a little worse then I would expect for $35 a night. Would definitely be upset if I paid $60 or more.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
MasterkeyHotels, Marketing Agency at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Please allow me to apologize for not meeting your expectations with respect to your recent stay. We are in the middle of a major renovation to our hotel and looking forward to the brand new finished product. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

The Management Team at Sleep Inn

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!