“Had a Great nights Sleep !!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Beaufort
GreenLeadersSilver level
South Carolina
“Had a Great nights Sleep !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my home port while visiting Huntington Island state park. A perfect choice. Very friendly staff !!!! Karen checked me in, and was so nice. She gave me a 1st floor room so I could easily park my bike. A few minutes after check in she called and ask how the room was. It was perfect. The room was clean, and smelled fresh. Every time I went out Karen was at the desk with a smile. She was so helpful with directions and local history. She gave me ideas where I should ride my bike, where I should park, and good places to eat. I cant wait to come back to visit Huntington Island and Karen. Gina was also so friendly. She make sure i had everything i needed for a great nights rest. I slept so well, and was ready for another day at Hunting Island State Park. Thank you Karen and Gina for a great trip, see yall soon....

Room Tip: I had a room facing the pool, with a marsh view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
MasterkeyHotels, Marketing Agency at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Your positive words about our Hotel and Service are highly appreciate. Thank you for sharing them with us. It will motivate us to optimize our focus to ensure memorable moments and personal service in our Hotel. As service from the heart is our key focus, I will certainly share you positive comments with our team for further encouragement; it is always nice to see the outcome of our efforts. All the best and hope to see you soon!

The Management Team at Sleep Inn

5 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Duluth, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I reserved a particular type of room, but that room was not available when I got there, they attempted to upsell me to another version of what I had reserved. Wasn't too happy with that, but they did it with a smile, and I was tired.

The building was being renovated, which we knew before we headed there - but instead of working in blocks, or by floor - the entire hotel was a wreck, with construction material scattered everywhere. We caught one of the workers drinking a beer out front in the middle of the work day, and no luggage carts were available - as they were being used by workers to haul tear-out trash to the dumpster.

We made the mistake of booking during the same weekend as a large family reunion. The entire weekend this group assumed they owned the place, congregating in hallways, invading the pool area, and being loud until late into the night - with nothing done about it by staff. The walls are paper thin and offer no sound insulation.

I was looking forward to soaking in the hot tub after a long day of walking - but this too was shut down.

All in all, the front desk staff was courteous and smiled, and we assumed that they were doing the best with what they were given, but it was clear that management and/or ownership's main focus was the influx of families visiting for Parris Island graduations, not individual guest satisfaction.

Room Tip: Get a room on the front side, preferably on far right. The walls are paper thin and if you are anywh...
Green Features: Saw a sign asking you to reuse the towels, but I think this has more with saving them money than anything environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Please allow me to apologize for not meeting your expectations with respect to your recent stay. We are in the middle of a major renovation to our hotel and looking forward to the brand new finished product. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

Warm Regards,
The Management Team at Sleep Inn.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The wife and I stayed in a room with a king bed and view of the intra-coastal water way, from the check in staff to the maids we could not have asked for a nicer place at a reasonable price. Will be back in September and for a week and have no doubt where to call.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience about your recent stay on Tripadvisor. It is very pleasing to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our entire team strives hard to exceed the expectations of our guests in all aspects.

We eagerly look forward for your next stay in September and assure you of the best of service at our hotel.

The Management Team at,
Sleep Inn.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Booked the room directly with the hotel at $109.00. The young lady who took my reservations was very friendly. At check in the desk clerk was not there, other guest were waiting. After 8 minutes, a lady came from the hall and asked if we needed something. We replied yes, to check in. In a few more minutes the desk clerk showed up with a mouthful of food. It seems that there was a group meeting there and she was having a meal with them. Three of the other people who were waiting had left saying they were contacting the brand to complain.

This was just the beginning of a bad experience. The king room was dusty, stunk of mildew and mold. Granted, they were in the process of doing some remodeling but, if they are going to rent the rooms they should have them clean.

The real problem here is that they do not care. They have a market for the rooms because of the Marine Graduation and a few complaints just don't have any meaning.

I cannot in all fairness recommend this hotel for business or vacation travelers. The families that attend the Marine Graduation may or may not have a choice. However, I am sure there are other properties in that area that are better and less expensive.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank You for staying with us here at the Sleep Inn Beaufort and for taking your time to write us a review. Our hotel is under renovation at this moment and we are working very hard to provide better services and amenities for you and other guests in the future.

Sleep Inn is part of the family of Choice Hotels International where Customer satisfaction is most important to us, and we sincerely regret your recent experience during your visit. Our company has strict standards for top quality. I hope that in the future, as in the past you will choose us for your lodging needs, giving us the opportunity to reaffirm your opinion of our hotel. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

The Management Team at
Sleep Inn Beaufort, South Carolina.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed here for one night, got a king sized bed with a view overlooking the intra-coastal waterway. Very clean, and comfortable bed. Free Internet and breakfast. Staff was friendly, and they actually remembered us when I called them back. We felt that we got a great deal for the money. For $20 more than a Motel 6, or a Super 8, we thought highly enough to book another night when our airline cancelled our flight. The lady who booked the second night even reminded me that I was entitled to a AAA discount! One week later, I called her again to get a copy of the receipt, and she still remembered us. Maybe it's because there are not too many Asians in Beaufort, or because it's low season, but the staff deserves better credit than many other reviews I see here.

To address some of the other reviewers, we did not smell anything wrong with the hallway carpets (we were on the 2nd floor). Maybe the issue has already been corrected. There were maintenance guys working on the pool cabana (pool was closed unfortunately) We also saw them painting the exterior of the building. In my opinion, it was not needed, but it does show they really cared about the condition of the building.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the intra-coastal waterway!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Please allow me to personally thank you very much for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor. Five Star is truly an honor. We are in process of major renovation project in the hotel. We strive to provide each of our guests with excellent services and amenities. We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments!

Best Regards
The Management team at
Sleep Inn Beaufort

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!