“Awful service” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Hope Valley, Rhode Island, United States
“Awful service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I went on a doube date there last night. I ordered the calamari which was awful, dry and not crunchy at all! BEST SEAFOOD IN TOWN MY BEHIND. It took about 45 minutes for them to make 2 baskets of calamari, one order of chicken wings and the cowboy burger. The waitressess put the black order book DOWN THEIR PANTS. Isn't that what aprons are for? Very unprofessional, I would never go again. Made the mistake of leaving my purse there...went back 2 hours later and it was gone. Soo that dinner cost me about $150 for basicly a headache.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Providence, Rhode Island
“I really want to like it...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The first time we went we just ordered a couple of app's (fried calamari, chicken fingers - we were with an 11 year old - and fries) and they all tasted the same?? Gave it another try last week with just my husband and I and the food was great. Steak sandwich and the prime rib special. Great food, great beer. This time, the problem was the drunk men in the bar area. It may have been bad enough for my husband and I to have to listen to the rantings but there was also a little league team eating just several feet away. It was embarrassing. Management appeared to try to talk to the "gentelemen" at the bar but to little effect. I guess I'd try it again but probably not with my family unless it was early in the day.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saunderstown, Rhode Island
“Portion size... Nice and Clean...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Pasta is cheap. Why not over load the serving with it to make the customer happy? The fish and chips was great, again a portion size to satisfy you, but not really fill you, so you end up wanting and having room for dessert. A good thing or a bad thing? Dessert is another $6 on top. If you aren't a dessert person you may leave wanting a bit more food. The place is clean and bright and has a nice family atmosphere, the wait staff is great... very friendly. Just a bit pricey for the portions. Maybe better for lunch? We had pasta with sweet sausage (bought the extra meatball), fish and chips, chicken afredo with broccoli and a cup of clam chowder. Actually the Boston Cream Pie was quite good!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Coventry, Connecticut
“Not worth it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Kept trying Ernie T's because location worked out so well for us. Last 3 visits very dissapointing both with quality of food and size of serving. Waitstaff continues to be charming and helpful but ambience from kitchen and bar seem to overwhelm this eating spot; putting diners concerns last. For example, arrived on a Friday night, hungry and ready to eat. Great looking specials on the board and several old favorites on menu. Seafood is featured and despite soggy, greasy taste of the fish and chips on a previous visit was ready to give another chance. Only problem was this: we could not hear anything but screaming heavy metal music from the bar and kitchen area from an area hard rock station. When the waitress asked us for our order, we mentioned our concern, asking if the music could be lowered. We heard the negative response from the bar, and when she returned, she told us as we heard the radio DJ loudly doing commercials that "it was just talk now", "the next song will probably be better" . Ya know-that's not good enough! Prices aren't that low at Ernie T's to treat customers that way. Over all, deterioration all around but I guess a matter of taste. Heres a place that can't decide if it's an Irish bar, a sports bar, an eating establishment or a dive. Right now to me, the latter is dominating. By the way, we left without ordering.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Coventry, Connecticut
“Sometimes excellent....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Baked fish came with vegetables cooked to perfection. Fried fish (cod) flaky and perfect but portions sometimes small. Chicken parm huge serving and really OK. meatballs and pasta pretty good. Worth trying again and again.

Visited April 2012