“Worst Coffee of 2012” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Wickford
Canberra, Australia
“Worst Coffee of 2012”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

After a nice stroll round Wickford during the Colombus Day long weekend we decided to call into the Beach Rose Cafe.... from the outside it looked promising so we were not surprised to find a long queue for drinks and food inside....

After what seemed like ages... my wife eventually returned with our 2 drinks.... I couldnt believe how coffee could taste so bad... it was so tasteless and lacking in flavor it was almost undrinkable...in fact costing $8 it was actually offensive ! Returning to the counter I asked to speak to either the owner or the manager - the guy I spoke to informed me that he owned the place - I told him I had been served the WORST coffee I had ever tasted... he offerred to refund me or replace the coffees... stupidly I told him I would be happy to take replacement coffees... after another 15 minute wait we found ourselves with another two EQUALLY BAD coffees. The first time was unfortunate - but giving an unhappy customer exactly the same thing without attempting to fix the issue or address the complaint suggests either they are 1. using an inferior product, 2. dont know how to make coffee, 3. dont care, 4. are stupid, 5. all of the above...

45 minutes later we left $8 poorer and still needed Coffee!

After leaving the cafe, Imagine my suprise (NOT) to see what another reviewer had written about this place...yet again, I learn the risk of not checking TripAdvisor first.... even if it is only for a coffee..!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Sarasota, Florida
“Very friendly but inexcusably filthy...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

The staff are super friendly and that is the most positive thing we can think of to say.

The standards of hygiene are so low we are amazed it hasn't been closed down.

When we visited there was only one other table seated and no line for service, while the tables, chairs and floors were sticky, filthy and covered in food debris.

We don't normally enjoy eating from paper plates and plastic cutlery, but given the circumstances this was probably a good thing!!!!

The food was unadventurous; too much lettuce and a dry bun with the lobster roll... Lobster tasted bland too - no attempt at seasoning. The upside was you could exchange the fries for salad.

The 'Tims hash' was really boring with no seasoning at all - no imagination.

The piece-de-resistance was when a customer dropped a cup of coffee on the floor and the chef emerged from the kitchen with a bucket and mop that was so filthy it was difficult to identify the original color of the bucket...

I glanced in the kitchen and wished I hadn't - it was pretty dirty too :-(

This cafe has a great location on the water and there are not a lot of places to eat here, so it doesn't have much competition.

It is very popular with tourists and locals so am presuming the clientele have strong stomachs and low standards.

I just hope the owners read this and put a cleaning regime in place... They have plenty of staff but no-one appears to be accountable for cleanliness and hygiene standards...

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere