“Terrible Drinks... Overpriced and Weak!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Newport
“Terrible Drinks... Overpriced and Weak!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Does NOT know how to make a mixed drink... Or they are just that cheap. There is NO alcohol in any of the drinks. I ordered a gin & tonic yesterday... It was tonic, with a splash... Make that a smidge of gin. In a small glass, for $12. This is the third time this has occurred. Stuck to beer or wine. No liquor.

Providence, Rhode Island
“By the Sea!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Well, it IS by the sea, and if that's what you're looking for -- here it is! But when the somnambulistic, rather-be-anyplace-else wait-person ambles over to your table, be sure to order the cheapest thing on the menu because unfortunately, whatever you select, it's not going to be very good. And then just keep repeating -- "it's by the sea, it's by the sea" -- and you'll be fine.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Southbridge
“Not so good ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My husband and I thought this would be s great place for dinner as it is located in town along the water with outdoor seating. I had lobster salad that was very salty and he had an overpriced burger. Wait staff was not that great either. Will not go back.

ri
“still love the Tavern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We go to the Tavern year round and always have great meals and appetizers. It does get crowded during the summer, but it is still worth the wait. The 'specials' are always a hit and the service consistently great. Especially love the chowder and lobster bisque to start our meals.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ri
“Decieved”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Well, having been here in the past and enjoyed everything about the place I was looking forward to a birthday lunch. I specifically ordered the Italian tuna salad as it was dressed with oil and lemon and not balsamic vinegar. When my salad arrived it came with a side of some thick and sticky balsamic thing. When I informed the waitress I had ordered oil and lemon she told me it was already dressed with it and that she had brought the side of balsamic because I might like more dressing. I couldn't figure that out. It had no oil and lemon. I then asked the waitress to bring me oil and red wine vinegar. She brought me balsamic dressing. At this point I gave up. When asked if everything was all right I said no. I haven't even brought up the fact that there were no green olives as advertised and the " italian" tuna was not Italian but just a can of whatever they had. Sad.They compt the salad.

• Visited June 2014