“Quiet, clean motel” 3 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Westerly
Ambassador Motel
Save Saved
You added Ambassador Motel to your Saves list
201 Post Road, Westerly, RI 02891   |
Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Westerly
Boston, Massachusetts
“Quiet, clean motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is certainly a no frills motel. It was a one level, beach motel with 9 rooms. The rooms were clean and the owners were polite, friendly and helpful. You need a car. There are quite a few grocery stores, movie theaters, restaurants, etc. located nearby on Route One. And the beach and Watch Hill are a short drive away. The small refrigerator was a money saver. Breakfast was a little lacking but there are plenty of restaurants nearby. Even though it is right on the highway, I did not hear any noise from the road. Lastly, I agree that the beds seemed a little dated but I slept wonderfully here. Got a great night's sleep both nights!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
bionandy, Manager at Ambassador Motel, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our motel. We am what we am, we am, we am. We're a clean, comfortable and quiet motel. We have no pool, no restaurant or bar. No golf course or exercise room either. We like to think of ourselves as an oasis of clean, quiet and comfortable. Its almost a mantra here. Thank you for the kind remarks directed to our people being friendly and helpful. We don't accept internet bookings or use a booking service. Reservations must be made by phone. We do try and be good hosts but we also expect guests to respect the motel and the other guests. May you soon be "On the Road Again".

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
West Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed at the Ambassador motel this past weekend. It is a very good value. The rooms and furnishings are not brand new, but very clean. The owner was very nice and had good information about restaurants in the area. The State Beach is less than 10 minutes away. The motel is right on route 1, but once the door is closed it was very quiet. We would stay there again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
bionandy, Manager at Ambassador Motel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for the kudos, return soon. We often hear "good value" and "clean rooms" when people review our motel. This is especially true of the many who stay here rather than pay the nearbye high ocean front resort prices or the sky high Casino areas which are a short drive away. We really are a great bargain for those who value clean, quiet and comfortable.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

...so what can you expect? Rooms were clean, well equipped (small refrigerator was very much appreciated), and the owners/managers very gracious indeed. But the air conditioner was very loud, with no settings other than "strong, blow right on the sleepers", and the beds were old and saggy. We had a great weekend, but there were definitely "opportunities for improvement".

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
bionandy, Manager at Ambassador Motel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
"Its a Beach Motel"?????? Au contrare mon Ami. LOL. We do thank you for the review. We encourage people to be honest in their opinion because it gives us a way to correct any deficientcy. The saggy bed was found to have two broken boards inside the box springs. Some children find the real test of a bed is to see how high they can bounce. If you had not mentioned it it may have gone unnoticed all summer. The air conditioner (not to quibble) has two speeds, high and low, three if you count off. LOL. I know you guys are experienced travelers and were great guests but "Its a Beach Hotel"???? OUCH!!! Was there sand in your bed? Was there wild parties in the adjoining rooms?? Were you charged an exorbitant fee just to hear the waves crash at 3AM? Sorry, the hectic season is over and I'm having a little fun at your expense. We really would love to have you back.
B.
Tioga, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

If you are looking for a nice quiet place in Westerly this is it. Location is perfect! 5 min drive to the beach! Owners are very nice and helpful. They always had fresh coffee in the morning. In my opinion breakfast was a little less than average but there is a Dunkin Donuts on almost every corner in RI, so we just went there. If we ever get back to RI we are sure to stay here again!

Room Tip: I think there are a total of 8 rooms. Any one will be as clean as the next.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
bionandy, Manager at Ambassador Motel, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Our goal is to provide a clean, quiet, and comfortable oasis. We do offer a continental breakfast on weekends only and our K-cup coffee maker is very popular every day. Thanks again.
Brad
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The owner is very friendly, and he really emphasizes the no smoking policy, which was great. The room and bathroom were clean and pleasant-smelling. The decor was chintzy but cute; the towels had little smiling fish and dolphins embroidered on them. I would recommend bringing your own soap, however; the shampoo/conditioner provided was minimal at best. The TV, air conditioner, fridge, and WiFi were all in working order. It's in a really convenient location. For the price, a great find. I'd happily stay there again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had originally had a reservation at the Aquastar Inn. The Aquastar Inn had recently had a fire and the lobby was really dirty unsanitary and smelled badly. Nobody was at the front desk which was a good thing. We left immediately and drove down the street to the Ambassador Motel. I spoke to the owner. I explained the situation to him and they fortunately had vacancy. The motel had an old school charm to it. Very clean, and it felt like I was staying at a relatives house and not a motel. I mean this in the most sincere way. When we go back to RI next year for our annual trip, I will make my reservation at the ambassador.

Room Tip: Staff is very nice and helpful if you have any issue
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Halifax
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

Being a Tour Director, I feel it necessary to pass comments on to others re: accomodations. Trip Advisor is a programme that allows individuals to do that. I

I recently overnighted at the Ambassator Motel in Westerly, RI, as I was doing a familiarization tour gathering information for my future tours.

The room was very clean, comfortable beds, the location very good re: restaurants, shopping, etc.

My concern was that the management insisted that I had originally booked two nights...although that was not the case on my part, as I had other reservations booked for the following few days. If I had not asked for a receipt from my credit card, the oversight would not have been noticed and I would have been charged for two nights. I noticed that one of the posted polices of the motel was "no refunds".

A word to the wise..................

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Ambassador Motel? Share your experiences!