“Clean and Quiet!” 4 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Westerly
Ambassador Motel
201 Post Road, Westerly, RI 02891   |
Ranked #9 of 15 hotels in Westerly
Tioga, Pennsylvania
“Clean and Quiet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

If you are looking for a nice quiet place in Westerly this is it. Location is perfect! 5 min drive to the beach! Owners are very nice and helpful. They always had fresh coffee in the morning. In my opinion breakfast was a little less than average but there is a Dunkin Donuts on almost every corner in RI, so we just went there. If we ever get back to RI we are sure to stay here again!

Room Tip: I think there are a total of 8 rooms. Any one will be as clean as the next.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
bionandy, Manager at Ambassador Motel, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Our goal is to provide a clean, quiet, and comfortable oasis. We do offer a continental breakfast on weekends only and our K-cup coffee maker is very popular every day. Thanks again.
Brad

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The owner is very friendly, and he really emphasizes the no smoking policy, which was great. The room and bathroom were clean and pleasant-smelling. The decor was chintzy but cute; the towels had little smiling fish and dolphins embroidered on them. I would recommend bringing your own soap, however; the shampoo/conditioner provided was minimal at best. The TV, air conditioner, fridge, and WiFi were all in working order. It's in a really convenient location. For the price, a great find. I'd happily stay there again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had originally had a reservation at the Aquastar Inn. The Aquastar Inn had recently had a fire and the lobby was really dirty unsanitary and smelled badly. Nobody was at the front desk which was a good thing. We left immediately and drove down the street to the Ambassador Motel. I spoke to the owner. I explained the situation to him and they fortunately had vacancy. The motel had an old school charm to it. Very clean, and it felt like I was staying at a relatives house and not a motel. I mean this in the most sincere way. When we go back to RI next year for our annual trip, I will make my reservation at the ambassador.

Room Tip: Staff is very nice and helpful if you have any issue
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Halifax
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

Being a Tour Director, I feel it necessary to pass comments on to others re: accomodations. Trip Advisor is a programme that allows individuals to do that. I

I recently overnighted at the Ambassator Motel in Westerly, RI, as I was doing a familiarization tour gathering information for my future tours.

The room was very clean, comfortable beds, the location very good re: restaurants, shopping, etc.

My concern was that the management insisted that I had originally booked two nights...although that was not the case on my part, as I had other reservations booked for the following few days. If I had not asked for a receipt from my credit card, the oversight would not have been noticed and I would have been charged for two nights. I noticed that one of the posted polices of the motel was "no refunds".

A word to the wise..................

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Wilbraham, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2004

We had a wonderful time at the Ambassador Motel! We took the whole family and it was such a great time. They were very warm and accomodating and very helpful with giving us directions, recommendations, etc.

We're definately going to come back there SOON!

Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed January 2005

Been to Ambassador Motel? Share your experiences!