“Worth the trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 113 Restaurants in Westerly
RI - USA
“Worth the trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I went to Guytanno's on a Sunday evening - this is a small restaurant on the back end of a 'lovely' Rhode Island strip mall (we have them all over the state). It would be so easy to pass by if you weren't looking for it.
We shared a bottle of Cavit Pino Grigio, an order of calamari (and took home half), I had delicious stuffed scallops (which were Bomster scallops from Stonington, Connecticut) served with REAL mashed potatoes and fresh summer squash and zucchini and my husband had the veal howard (veal cutlet topped with a lobster tail) and opted for the linguini aioli.
We used a groupon which took off $25 but with tax and gratuity (which had been added) the bill came to $72.
I would offer that tourists coming to RI should try Guytanno's instead of going to the obvious 'tourist' area restaurants. Well worth trying ~ and we will definitely go back. Don't pass it up.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

RI and CT and NYC
“Best Place in Westerly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I love this place, especially now since Guy has returned!! It was always my favorite place, except for a brief period when Guy was gone, little details were not up to par, dishes too salty, service not run smoothly. I'm glad it is almost back to normal (excellent) All that is missing now is the great server, that was there before, the beautiful,curvy, dark-haired woman, with a gracious personality, who anticipated the customers' needs, which might I add is a rarity these days in a restaurant. I've been there with large parties, and also on a romantic visit, always consistently great! As far as the location, that is not really important, as food and service.

• Visited September 2012
“Good Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Guytanno's serves up a large menu of italian specialties. There is something for everyone. It is a small restaurant located, unfortunately, in a strip mall on Rt 1. But what it lacks in location it makes up for in its wonderful food. And the portions are ample. I had a delicious pasta and chicken dish that was so big I got 2 meals out of it. Highly recommend if you're in the area!

• Visited September 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Consistently excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is a gem hidden behind an ordinary shopping trip. We have visited many times, and the food is consistently excellent, and the prices are reasonable. The service and ambiance are certainly adequate, without being over-bearing. The food is creatively prepared, nicely plated, and always enjoyable. Great for families, since there are burgers and salads on the menu; also great for the gourmand who likes something special. Our favorites are the Guytanno's salad, which you can get with meat or fish add-ons, and swordfish or tuna....regardless of preparation, it is always excellent. Menu specials change weekly for those of us addicted to the place, so that we get some variety. We eat out a lot, across many cities, and Guytanno's is on our top 10 favorites across all. Note: they do not take reservations. If tables are full, try sitting at the bar! Only one negative- things can get loud when the restaurant is completely full. But a bunch of people having a good time never stopped me!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great restaurant in ugly shopping center.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I live right around the corner from this restaurant for several years but never went. it is in a terrible location in an ugly shopping center. but we recently went and once you walk through the doors it is a totally different experience. the ambience is nice and the food and drink are great. I recommend this restaurant to everyone and no one has been disappointed so far

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere