“The Andrea - restaurant only now” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andrea Resort Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Westerly
Andrea Resort Hotel
89 Atlantic Avenue, (Hotel currently closed for renovation; will reopen in 2014), Westerly, RI 02891   |
Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Westerly
Albany
“The Andrea - restaurant only now”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I didn't write a review because I already had...but I thought I should update it. The hotel is gone, but the restaurant is there on the patio only. Covered or uncovered. The old fireplace is out on the patio also, so you can have a fire at night to have a drink by...right on the beach. I love this place for lunch....we can sit on the beach and when hungry walk over, get out of the sun, have a drink and a VERY good lunch, while watching the ocean and passers-by. It is lovely. They are supposed to have a hotel there this summer, 2014, which would be a VERY large undertaking. Can't wait to see if it happens. BUT, lunch is wonderful. Haven't been for dinner yet, but I'm sure it's delish. We've been before it was destroyed for dinner and it was very good. We always have a great time there. And after reading a review or two that gave the place a bad review, I do believe you have to DECIDE to have a good time. If I am on vacation, everything is good, even if it's bad. And we all have our own tastes too, mine is usually a bit more upscale than some others...so you can take it from there. I would recommend definitely!

Room Tip: No rooms yet...we'll see this coming summer tho!! Hope hope.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I thought that this historic building would survice an A-bomb, but Sandy must have damaged it to the point that there was no saving it.
Its sad in a way because even though The Andrea was not the best room/hotel we previously stayed at in Misquamicut, it was a landmark for the area. All that is left of its original self is the main fireplace that now sits on a concrete slab patio outside. I'm glad a few of the historic pictures survived the storm though. They have them decorating a back hallway.
It was a pretty rainy day so we went over for some drinks and apps to wait for the sun. We got a couple of pitchers of stuff, White Sangria and Margarita. Both were good and not the weak drinks we expected. I thought they were priced fairly at $28 since you can get 5 drinks out of each. We got some wings and a buffalo chicken popper special. They wings were good, but the special was more like fried dough balls with tiny pieces of chicken. If they renamed it buffalo bread poppers that would have been a little more accurate. Don't get me wrong they tasted great, but more chicken would have been nice.
The new resturant and bars looked good, but I still hope rebuilding the hotel is in the future.
Service was good and prices were fair.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ankeny, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My father and I headed to the Andrea for a drink on a blustery, rainy day. We headed to the bar in the tent area and sat at the bar where we looked out at the ocean in the comfort of a protected area. They also had the most unique space heaters with clear cylinders displaying the flames.

My dad and I both had an agave margarita with Don Julio. Dylan the bar tender was great, friendly and helpful. The drinks were fantastic. The food coming out looked really good, I would definitely go back and try some next time I am back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

If you want a relaxed place to eat ? This is the place and the food is very good. When I was there they were very busy but the staff looked like they were handling the crowed just fine. I will definitely go back. You can't beat the view, right on the ocean, the beach is right there. Life is good at The Andrea.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Groton, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

It was a friend's birthday and we drove out to Westerly to celebrate. 4 of our friends were from out of state. Bouncer asked to see back up for a friend. Showed the bouncer license, social security card, credit card, and gov ID. Bouncer proceeded to bend the license and it snapped in half. Obviously this would outrage anyone. Manager said was called and so were the police to file a report since friend had a flight 5 days later in which he needed a valid ID. Manager was beyond rude. When police report was filed to state it was a valid license, manager turned us away and said we were not allowed to go inside, AFTER THEY MADE THE MISTAKE. Of course anyone would get mad when they have to spend $60 on a new license. If you want to get treated like dirt, this is a great place to go. I'm sure it would've been a nice place to celebrate someone's birthday, but none of us will be returning to give them one cent of our mon

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Westerly, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Visited the Andrea yesterday with friends. It's only the restaurant this year due to Sandy. Had a great lunch in their "white wedding tent". The sea was roaring, with the surf up and we were enjoying the view in this comfortable new venue. They added some new items to the menu. I had the spinach and beet salad with seared tuna and it was wonderful. Large portion. Very healthy. Looking forward to a visit with the sun shinning.

Room Tip: No hotel this year. Only restaurant. All new and well done.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

The Andrea Hotel was destroyed by Hurricane Sandy last year, but the restaurant is still open to the public. Came here last night and there was a huge covered tent attached to the new building (at least I think its new?). The tent was heated, and parts of it were clear so you could look out and see the ocean (the place is right on the beach). I must say it was really nice.
The food was great, ESPECIALLY the coconut mussels and the fried calamari. I am telling you the coconut mussels were to die for. To be honest, I was skeptical at first and thought that the coconut flavoring was going to be to overpowering, but that was not the case at all. They were quite possibly the best mussels I have ever had. If you like fish, TRY THESE MUSSELS. I love the town of Westerly and Andrea's.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Andrea Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!