“What a Treasure!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 128 Restaurants in Westerly
Stonington, Connecticut
“What a Treasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a quick bite for lunch and decided to stop into The Sunny Side Up Restaurant in Dunns Corners, Westerly. What a treat. There's nothing fancy about the decor but the food was superb. My wife l had a cup of their chowder and it was out of this world. Lots of clams, a little dill, simply put it was just wonderful. She followed the chowder with a spinach salad that she really enjoyed and commented on how fresh it was. I had one of their signature sandwiches; roast beef with garlic spread and sliced onion on marble rye that couldn't have been better. We followed it with an Oatmeal cranberry cookie for me and an amazing macaroon for her. The perfect ending to a perfect casual lunch. As we left, we were already planning to return for breakfast soon as they had a very nifty breakfast menu.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

westerly
“They wouldnt feed me after 2pm!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I entered this restaurant @ 2:15pm. to eat. The lady inside said that the kitchen closes at 2pm so i couldnt be served. How ridiculous. My suggestion is- If you DONT want to serve people after 2pm,LOCK your doors, pull down your shades and call it quits!

• Visited December 2013
“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I suppose the worst part of this restaurant are the size of the tables. If you order a side, you have to be very careful not to knock any dishes onto the floor. That plus the waitresses weaving between the tables makes it a very uncomfortable dining experience. The waitresses weren't overall very friendly either. And they didn't seem to know how to do their job well. When I opened my silverware I didn't have a spoon, and when my mother was eating the waitress took her knife away before she was done with it. And then there's the most important part of breakfast - the food and coffee. I ordered pancakes and home fries. The pancakes were so dry that I almost was unable to swallow them, even in very tiny bites. The home fries were way too spicy for a breakfast food. If I had known they were going to be spicy at all, I wouldn't have ordered them. My mother said her sausage had the same unnecessary kick to it. And my home fries didn't even have a decent flavor if the spice was disregarded. I ordered a latte and that was the only redeeming part of my time there. It wasn't anything special, though. I would expect this kind of quality if the prices were low, but everything here was overpriced. I do not recommend dining here.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Walton, New York
“Great new breakfast Place ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Very bright and nicely decorated small place with excellent service and very good breakfast. The corned beef hash was obviously homemade. Very friendly place. Will be back there frequently. Did I mention that they also have lots of home baked muffins, pies, etc.?