“Not worth the money” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sandcastle Beachfront Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westerly
Sandcastle Beachfront Inn
You added Sandcastle Beachfront Inn to your Saves list
141 Atlantic Avenue, Westerly, RI   |
Ranked #4 of 14 Westerly B&B and Inns
Litchfield, Connecticut
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

Rooms are small. Bathrooms are dated and tiny. There is no service. The towels are as a big as a wash cloth. The beds have seem better days...decades ago. The A/C doesn't work. Staff doesn't arrive until well after 7am. TVs were good in the 80s. $200 plus a night and no one could give a hoot that you were there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

Rooms are VERY small, some do not even have a window or screens on the sliders to enjoy the ocean air. The manegment is NOT based on customer satisfaction! Never had such a bad experience as we did here. Do not recommend.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Dalton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

My adult daughter and I spent one night at the Sand Castle Inn and thought it was the perfect choice. I'm so glad we went "before" reading the two negative reviews and based our choice on earlier reviews. We were able to get into our room by 11:30am. It was a double on the third floor and we were amazed at how spacious the room was. It had a huge closet, large dresser, refrigerator, air conditioner, cable TV and lots of counter space. We initially had a problem with the air conditioner but it was fixed IMMEDIATELY. The young woman at the desk was exceptionally pleasant and helpful. The private beach was kept clean and it was so nice to look on either side of our beach and see people packed in like sardines (not private beaches) while we had room to spread out. It was quiet at night and we were able to sit out at our table on the deck/balcony and listen to the ocean. Great little coffee shop and ice cream shop across the street too. It's a motor inn, not a hotel, so understandably it wasn't as fancy and didn't have shampoo, conditioner and body lotion provided but compared to other motels in the area, it would be my choice each trip.

• Stayed August 2009
CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

YUKKKKK!!!! Ants on the walls behind our beds....and IN the BEDS, not on the counter. Yes there was a little food on the counter but NOT IN THE BEDS OR ON THE WALLS.....There is an in room refrigerator so one would presume food in allowed in the room.

Understandably........ants occur at the beach but I was on the top floor......and all I wanted was someone to spray!

I nicely spoke about the ants once to the housekeeper, and she said they would spray and did not. She handed me two little ant traps. How does one hang them on the walls?

I nicely spoke again twice that night to the front desk person 7:30 pm and 9:30 pm and they assured me security would come and spray. I then went down again at 10 of 10:00pm and the office was CLOSED! No one ever came !!!! We spent a terrible sleepless night that night. The next morning (not so nice this time but not rude at all) I told the desk clerk again as we ere checking out and asked for the owner and she said I just missed him. (OF COURSE)....I told her I was very unhappy and wanted to speak to him and she would not give me his name or his number. I told her to please have him call me and told her when I would be home to CT. I NEVER RECEIVED A CALL AT ALL. I called Monday to complain again and the girl at the other end of the phone ended up calling me a LIAR. No matter what I said NO customer service person should EVER call a customer a liar. SO, I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone.............

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
New England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

If your with your college buddies maybe.... but not if your traveling with family. Customer service terrible. If your used to quality. Stay elsewhere. Very disappointed,

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Uxbridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

I highly recommend staying at the Sand Castle Beach Front Inn. The staff is very friendly, the views from the third floor are breathtaking, the location is perfect! Just park your car and forget about it for three days! The Inn even has it's own private beach!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
s.w. florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2009

I have stayed beachfront throughout the carribean and u.s. The Sand Castle is far and away our favorite. Park your car in your very safe security guarded spot and throw your bags into your beachfront room.Then hit the beach. the sand in front of the place is for guest of the hotel only. every morning the lifguard cleans and rakes the beach .Then politely watches all day ,so even when the entire 7 mile beach is covered with humanity, sand castle guests have a roomy clean stretch of sand to enjoy, and still with all the beach traffic passing at the surfs edge. great food and nightclubs are just across the street. I always look forward to my visits. Its the disneyland of beach vacations.I would Ignore the one sour review from someone who wanted to bring people from other hotels to the sandcastleTo use the facilities . If that were allowed why would anyone pay for the sandcasle?they could all stay at motel 6 and crowd out the legit guest during the day.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandcastle Beachfront Inn? Share your experiences!