“Good pizza” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Della Luce

Casa Della Luce
105 Franklin St, Across from Home Depot, in the Ace Hardware Plaza, Westerly, RI 02891-3179
401-637-4575
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 128 Restaurants in Westerly
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza & Pasta, Bistro
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Casa Della Luce is an Italian American Bistro offering Fresh Pastas, Gourmet Pizzas, and Salad options. We have Outdoor dining on a relaxing patio. We now DELIVER to the Westerly area. Our wine list consists of highly rated selections, priced at $25 a bottle. We also serve a variety of beer on draught or bottle. Try our Award Winning Pasta & Chowder. We strive to give back and contribute to our community in many ways; including support to local charities and The Greater Westerly Chamber of Commerce. Let Casa Della Luce cater for your next party. We offer options to serve 6-300 guests !
Westerly, RI
“Good pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Have tried this place twice for takeout only.
Excellent pizza first time, very good second time.
Very casual, but looking forward to trying homemade pasta and dinner in house.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Good neighborhood pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Casa Della Luce is a great neighborhood pizzeria. It has a good variety of dishes for the family and plenty of gourmet pizzas made to order. It’s not a fancy place at all but the quality is good as is the service. They offer a few gourmet pizzas daily that are available to order by the slice. If you want pizzas other than the specials you’ll need to order the entire pie. From the volume of people we saw picking up orders at the counter, it seemed as though Casa Della Luce is the place all the locals go for pizza take out. All in all their pizza is good, well-cooked semi-thin crust pizza that I would recommend for a very casual dining experience or take out.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Average food only pizza is good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went here after finding it on trip advisor. The pizza was great it was all fresh all the ingredients. The server was polite, but don't come if you are a light / fat free kind of person. They didn't have anything light not even dressing. I'm a fan of the fettuccine Alfredo and sadly it was more butter than cheese, and wasnt worth the $13.00. The Pizza was great but $18 for a 16 inch seems harsh but other than that this place is family friendly, positive, and hard working to please

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Loved it here but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I'll start by saying we ate here a lot in 2011. Loved it. Excellent food. We left for the winter but returned to the area in May of 2012. Today, 7/28 we grabbed take out pizza.

The taste was great. So flavorful.

The problem was that one side of the pizza crust was bent on its side. Almost like they made the pizza too big for the box so they folded half the pizza on it's side. Ok that's fine.

But secondly, it seemed that whoever put the pizza in the box slid half the toppings off. So when we got home and opened the box, half the toppings were just sitting on the corner inside the cardboard box. Bummer. Thought it seemed strange that I had a huge grease stain on my pants from the pizza box on my lap. But when I opened it, I knew why.

We will return. They have great food. I just hope that this was a fluke and they aren't serving a sub par product.

Please take some pride in your work.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
“One of few decent restaurants in Westerly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I love going to this restaurant. Last time we were there we got a large pizza and it was outstanding as usual. The service is usually good and they even give you a small slice of pizza in place of bread at the table. I also love the open kitchen concept! We'll keep coming back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere