“Dirty and Cheap” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Newland Motel

Newland Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Westerly
Newland Motel
You added Newland Motel to your Saves list
22 Winnapaug Rd, Westerly, RI 02891   |
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Westerly
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
“Dirty and Cheap”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I guess you get what you pay for, this room was much cheaper then nearby hotels with two bedrooms, but it was definitely dirty. You can't walk around barefoot and I did not even want to see on the sofa without a towel or something. There was a full kitchen but anytime you cooked or had food out fruit flies would appear everywhere. I definitely felt dirty staying hear. It was also very musty and damp in the room. By the second night staying there my allergies began acting up and I was sneezing and had swelling eyes. You get what you pay for with this room. I would pay a little more money next time for a cleaner place. The owner was nice. My room wasn't remodeled either. It was room 7. When we arrived 15 minutes after checkin the women was still cleaning our room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Kingston, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My friend and I stayed at the newland motel for 5 nights, don't do it! Our room was so out dated we had to laugh, and dirty oh dear! we could not cook on the stove, walk on the floors without shoes (ecspecially the carpet) or sit on the sofa without a sheet down. There were stains and holes on the doors and walls. The electrical outlets were falling out of the walls and the lighting was horrible. I could go on and on, absolutely gross and certainly not worth $100.00 a night! On the plus side, the caretaker of the hotel was very nice and it was close to the beach. I guess we didn't get one of those renovated rooms either!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Lowell, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Two of the rooms have been remodeled. If you get one of those, then your are in luck. The others are disgustingly filthy! I think they may have had water damaged and the owners were too greedy to refurbish all the rooms with damage. It smelled moldy and the carpets were filthy. Don't walk barefoot on the carpets, your feet will turn black.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Newland Motel? Share your experiences!