“DISCUSSING NASTY DANGEROUS” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 15 Westerly B&B and Inns
Newark, New Jersey
“DISCUSSING NASTY DANGEROUS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Ok so we were a group of 4 reserved a 2 bed room, 115 to be precisely... Before paying for the room we asked to see it since it was a motel we wanted to make sure it was OK so from the quick look we had it seemed ok. Paid for the room, dropped off our stuff and went to the casinos near by. By 2 am we came back my cousin lifted up the bed covers and guess what? BLOOD STAINS/HAIRS/YELLOW STAINS on both beds... My husband started to scratch himself he felt something on his back it was a FLEA... We started to packing up, I went to the office and told them we were not staying and obviously asked for the whole money back the wife came down with a nasty attitude went to the room with my husband to confirm what I had said was true got back to the office spoke in hindu and told the husband there was nothing there!! Im Portuguese descended but I worked 7 years with an Indian doctor so I UNDERSTAND A LITTLE HINDU...She told the husband I was a lying [--] and there was no blood there... I told her WHAT YOU MEAN THERE'S NO BLOOD THERE I'LL SHOW YOU EXACTLY WHERE IT IS!!! Back in the room found the stain and she had the NERVE to tell me Oh that's on the bottom it won't touch you!
I was a medical and dental assistant for 8 years and I KNOW the risk and danger of contact with blood specially unknown blood!!
I was not expecting luxuries but I've stayed at many motels before and the only thing I do ask for is HYGIENE.
We did got the full amount of money back but only after I threatened them with police and health department... It was a discussing place... They don't change covers or sheets they had "sex" and sweat smell on! Seriously Im not a picky person I'll sleep on the floor with no pillow if I have to but CLEAN pleaseee... I actually have pictures of it to prove it you may email me jmsb8483 at gmail. com and do NOT GO THERE, IF YOU DO CHECK YOU ROOM AND BED BEFORE ANYTHING!!!

• Stayed September 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Manchester, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I too was also hesitant to stay at the aquastar and came to R.I. without a hotel reservation after seeing this one on-line and being nervous because of the reviews. After driving around for a while and viewing other options I went back and gave it a try as it looked decent from the outside. I found the staff friendly and the room acceptable. It was what I expeceted from a motel near the beach. We did not have a phone in our room and when re-reading the website saw that it said micro-fridge (meaning small fridge) and not microwave. We did not try to continental breakfast as we had brought cereal for the room. I found the location convenient and having the pool a plus. While there were a few bugs that could have been skimmed off the top the pool was fine and I did observe a staff member adding chlorine after our swim in the evening. My family and I are planning on returning for another weekend soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Marlborough, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Was a little scared to stay here after reading all of the reviews, but if you are looking for a decent cheap place, this is the spot. The rooms are what you will find at any typical motel,but are definitely not as bad as the other reviews had said. They have a swimming pool, hot tub and bon fire areas. The staff was very understanding and allowed us to have a great time. This place is not half as bad as all of these reviews.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Union Dale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We arrived in Rhode Island with no reservations at all. My husband saw this motel and stopped and inquired about vacancy. I had my reservatons. We booked the room for 3 nites. The room was very outdated but clean. What made up for it was the hospitality from the owners. They were very nice and told us alot about the area. They even built a fire for us at nite, and we all ate lobsters and clams together. The pool was spotless and the grounds were nice. I would stay there again. They are really trying to come back from a devastating fired they had. We if you want to save some cash for the rest of your trip you can do so here and still stay comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Wallingford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Stayed here 4/3/11 horrible. Changed rooms to get off road. Pulled back sheets to find dried puke on the matress. When the wench owner came to the room it was with a barbrawl attitude and demended to see the problem. After seeing the puke she said people get sick here all the time. Changed rooms to a room with a completely broken bed that sagged close to 6" in the center, really sucked. The todler aged children are running around basically unattended and with their trailer park attitudes no wonder. Dirty, smelly and therer was sand all over the floor they just "cleaned". I can fully attest that these other reviews are accurate and would drive back home to central Connecticut for the night before staying at this dump again. Actually the dumpster behind Benny"s would be a better stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
aquastar, Manager at Aquastar Inn, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
Sir, I do apologize for some yellow spot on sheet because it was overlooked by my newly trained housekeeper and at the same I time I offered to change the Bed sheet and also offered to change the room. But sir you have requested not to stay and all I said is I will give you full refund for not staying here which I did. I wasn't even rude, I just asked to let me check the room which I am supposed to make sure room is not been used. Again be respectful, we have 1687 rooms rented last summer in 2011 without any complains and they enjoyed it and promised to come back. Small mistakes can be corrected by giving chance operator to fix it.
Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had a reservation with this motel. A few years ago it looked great and it has a pool. So we made a reservation. Upon arrival nobody was at the front desk. The lobby furniture was filthy and there was a terrible smell. It looked unsafe for a family. I found out later they recently had a fire and were putting in new mattresses and fixing up the rooms. I found another motel which was in the same price range and was excellent! I cannot rate the rooms for we did not stay there. After confirming our new reservation I went back to cancel my reservation at the Aquastar. The person at the front desk was willing to cancel my reservation but keep the deposit. I said the place was filthy and I wanted my $40 deposit back as well. He said no and I started taking pictures and threatened to turn him in to the health authorities. After taking the photos he agreed to not charge me anything. He then started yelling and to me to leave get the [--] off his property. So I calmly got back in my car and drove away.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
aquastar, Manager at Aquastar Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
lobby wasnt dirty, you checked in earlier thinking everything should be ready. Our check in time after 2.00 pm. If you show up during breakfast time you wot be able to see lobby in a perfect shape. if you want to see nice and clean lobby you shuld check in after 2.00 pm
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

150 dollars for a beat up room with no a/c hot water dirty sheets no toilet paper dispenser and 2 busted beds filled with sand.. and your neighbors that live in the third world country in the back was like watching Jerry Springer live. Absolutly groosssss and and nasty .. crack heads,kids out running around till midnight (10,and11) parents yelling get the F out here not to mention the one who wanted to give a bj for a pack of cigarettes..just beyond beat and disgusting

• Stayed July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westerly
Winnapaug Inn
Hyatt Place Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
#1 of 13 in Mystic
4.5 of 5 stars 578 reviews

Been to Aquastar Inn? Share your experiences!