“Very well quality, clean and helpful staff ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Providence West Warwick

You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Providence West Warwick to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Providence West Warwick
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14 J. P. Murphy Highway, West Warwick, RI 02893   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in West Warwick
East Brunswick
“Very well quality, clean and helpful staff ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Our family of four stayed 2 nights here on July 4th weekend. Readable price with free breakfast. Good size room and nice sitting area and kitchenette. The staff were friendly and helpful to answer all sorts of questions. Breakfast for both days were plenty. We don't usually eat much, oatmeal and waffle, then good to go. Would definitely come again!!

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Staff was wonderful. Room was very clean. Breakfast had many healthy and tasty choices. Pool and hot tub area was set up to be comfortable for anyone. Close to providence and other area sites. We visited block island, Newport mansions, providence place shopping mall, & the Dunkin Donuts center. My family and I are happy w our stay.

The only negative to our visit was the ac unit never turned off when on auto...but I'd rather that then it be stuck on heat!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Checked-in close to midnight after a long flight and lost luggage. Front desk was very nice,quick and friendly. Started to itch after a few minutes in Bed, lifted the cover and saw tiny insect all over. Not sure exactly what it was and I was not going to stand around to figure that out. I was offered another room, but i'm sure no one can get a good night sleep in the same hotel after seeing bed bugs.
NO apology from Hotel Management (only someone looked at the picture and said he is not sure if it's bed bug or not) and my calls and email were not answered by Marriott.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Scarlett S S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Providence West Warwick, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Guest,
I did respond to you when I got the Marriott email and as I explained to you before, the Pest Control company was contacted as a prevention and follow-up of your concern. The Pest Control company inspected and certified that they were no BED BUGS on premises. Even without the evidence from the Pest Control company, I fully refunded the charges for you stay.
Also, I explained, this hotel runs on high occupancy and rooms are used everyday. We are very proud of our newly renovated hotel.

Regards,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I have been a Marriott member for a while now & have stayed in few of them. But this was a disheartening experience for me. The place looks nice from the outside, but is a complete mess inside. The only good thing I could say is the quality of rooms; they are really nice. The breakfast is okay. I faced a lot of problems using internet. Finally, had to move to a different hotel for the rest of my travel. Phone was not working most of the time. The lift was shutdown; seems they were going through some renovation. You could hear all the construction noise all day long on the weekends. They informing about renovation would have helped, but seems they didn't care to do that.

Room Tip: Rooms are good
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Scarlett S S, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Providence West Warwick, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete the review and sharing your experience.

You indicated in your respond that your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvinience you may experinced. Unfortunately, we do not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.
The Hotel renovations has been completed and we are proud of the final results. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Our reservations were made in advance, and there were no warnings of renovations until arriving and finding a huge dumpster at the front door and the door blocked off with a sign saying to go to the side entrance. It all went downhill from there, unfortunately.

Breakfast, which tends to be my main meal of the day, has been moved into a guestroom while the lobby is under construction, and it's not the usual breakfast. There are only a few seats available as well, so unless you want to take everything back to your room, or sit outside in the cold, get there early or late.

Note to hotel: PLEASE let people know when you are renovating so that we can go to another hotel.

Room Tip: A low number room will be away from room Route 95
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Scarlett S S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Providence West Warwick, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to reviewed your stay.
I want to apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced on your recent stay at the Springhill Suites by Marriott. I just want to let you know, that the Marriott webside does said Lobby under renovations but you may have booked before the warning went up.
The Lobby renovations are done, so if you are planning to come back to this area, we hope to serve you in the future.
If I may be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Walkertown, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Don't let the renovations fool you.. the rooms are very nice and are close to great restaurants...... Rooms very clean. ..Activities close by. .. Nice pool and gym. ... good selection for breakfast. ..

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Fairport, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Spent two nights here while on a college visit for my daughter. I am a family of five and it is challenging finding clean, reasonably priced hotels. The price was perfect and location was only about a 15-20 minute drive to Providence (very EASY drive). The lobby was under renovation and I was sent a notice a few weeks before arrival. No big deal. The room was reasonable size and the furniture was fine. The walls, carpet and ceilings "have seen better days". It is obvious people have stayed here. The door to the bathroom/shower stuck pretty bad and there were water spots in the ceilings, I think from leaks in the above room. We had two peeves, 1) room was hot and 2) considering the room is geared for a large number of guests there was not enough room at the sink. This is March in New England and the temps at night were 30 degrees. All of my family were very uncomfortable with the heat and we had the temp set at 60. I have 3 daughters and along with my wife they need their sink/vanity time and unfortunately there was only room for 1 at a time. Makes for LONG mornings. Due to the renovation the breakfast was located in an empty room. Very small and tight. It did have hot/cold items. The selection just wasn't that great. It didn't cost extra so it didn't bother me.

Definitely not a place to rave about but really nothing awful. Right off of 95 so location is very good. Is it in Providence, nope, but I also didn't pay Providence prices and the drive in wasn't awful. Definitely nothing preventing me from going back but I would probably look around to see if I could find something different/new to try.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Scarlett S S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Providence West Warwick, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Guest,
I want to thank you for staying with us and taking the oportunity to reviewed your recent stay.
As you already know, the lobby is under renovation and we are limited on the space to served our Breakfast. We are schedule to be done on the second week of April.
I will like to know if your coming back to the area anytime after the Lobby is completed. If you are planning to be back on the area and willing to try the Hotel when is finish, please contact me directly so we can arranged your stay and work something that can satisfied your necessities.
Once again, thank you for staying with us.

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Providence West Warwick? Share your experiences!