“Good change...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in West Greenwich
Westerly, Rhode Island
“Good change...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have used this hotel to take the grandchildren swimming during school vacations. Clean, easy to get to. Many restaurants around the area, shopping also. It makes the kids happy that they can swim while it's 20 degrees outside.
Many family's have the same idea as I see other family's there doinf what I do.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and have always have been satisfied. The hotel is basic but offers a quiet stay in a wooded setting. There is a large pool and jacuzzi which are well maintained. The staff is always friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My 2 daughters and I stayed here for one night mainly because they wanted to go swimming. Since my husband and the dog were up in Maine it was a good idea. I was going to go up the street to the nicer - pricier - hotel but decided to stay really close to home and try out the Best Western (after reading some good reviews). I had been told by someone in town this hotel allows you to pay to use the pool so I wanted to see if that was the case.
The room was 1/2 the price of the hotel up the street so I was happy that I liked the drive up and the lobby. We checked in on Saturday afternoon. It was a quick check in - even though I had the wrong day on my confirmation slip. The room was standard, 2 queens and a small bathroom. But a flat screen TV, comfortable bedding plus free wifi are all nice touches.
We immediately went to the pool. Which looked to be in a fog cloud when we walked in. Everything was wet and there were no towels. Luckily we brought our own towels but I still could have used another to wipe down the chairs. The front desk lady came in and put on a fan which almost immediately dissipated the fog cloud but didn't dry the chairs off. There were a few other young girls swimming but otherwise the pool area was pretty quiet. There's no restroom in the pool area, so we left earlier than planned because nature called for one of my daughters.
We went back to the room and had Papa Gino's delivery for our dinner. I would like to say all went well after that and we had a quiet night but because of the apparently thin walls/floors I felt as thought I was watching the action movie with the people above us until they turned the TV off at midnight. Thankfully my girls slept through it and managed to get a good nights sleep.
We woke up early (as did the upstairs folks based on their booming footsteps) and went to breakfast. The lady who was at the breakfast area was personable and very helpful. She made my daughters a few delicious pancakes. They loved them. The breakfast is great considering it's free.
The pool opened again at 9:00 AM and we were the first ones in there. The chairs were dry and the room was bright. The girls had a nice swim until we needed to get going for the 11:00 checkout.
I was pleased with this hotel though I'm not sure I would stay again. The hotel further up the street is more money but it's an extended stay and roomier. Also, it's very new and everything is in great shape. This hotel, while well maintained, is obviously an older building. If they were still allowing to pay to use the pool we would definitely return for that. But I was told the new owner changed the policies and no longer allows swimming to anyone but guests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great place to stay when planning to spend a late night dancing with Dan & Kelly at the Mishnock Barn.

The Hotel provided us with the food service area and support for our "pot Luck" dinner. This has always been a big hit and eliminates the stress of trying to get a large group into and out of a restaurant by opening time at the Barn.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Upstate, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were here 1 year ago and wrote a review then. Everything is just as nice as the first visit. The cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in !!!!!! Still has very helpful staff, Deb at the front desk is still great. Can't beat the price. Pool and hot tub very clean, breakfast is fine except it lacks yogurt. If we need to be in this area again, we will stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed here for parents weekend at URI because we couldn't get a hotel closer to the campus that was reasonable. Well, we were very nicely surprised when we got there. The place is very clean, the rooms are nice sized and the continental breakfast was decent enough. It was also close enough to shopping malls and places for food. And it was close to the highway exit so it was east to get to.

There is no reason to spend almost $300 a night for parents weekend because the local hotels jack up their price knowing that everyone is coming up. This place was only about 20 minutes away and well worth the distance to get a clean spacious place to stay for 1/3 of the price. The hotel staff was quick friendly and helpful as well. Would definitely not hesitate to stay here again next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN West Greenwich Inn? Share your experiences!