“Nice one night stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Providence Coventry

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Providence Coventry to your Saves list
Residence Inn Providence Coventry
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   755 Centre of New England Blvd, West Greenwich, RI 02817   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
middletown, ct
“Nice one night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed for one night. Gary at the front desk was tremendous. He got all of our information quickly, and had the key card to our room before I could put my bag down! We left shortly after to go to dinner, and again Gary provided us with tips on places to go and how to get there. Great service. The room was awesome--big, clean, and very homey. Location is A+, immediately off of I-95 and plenty to do within a short distance, including Wal-Mart. The pool area is nice and open late! Breakfast in the morning was completely average. I'm sure it costs more to have bacon out there, but I really wanted some bacon and I didn't have that luxury, at least on the day of my stay. The selection was poor, but the quality was good. I don't know who was working the front desk on the morning of 10/27 at check out time (12 noon), but he appeared to be alone and was handling three different customers at once. Nice job by the front desk staff again. Would certainly recommend this place and will solo this place out next time I might travel to the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cal K, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Providence Coventry, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your positive experience with our staff and your accommodations at the Residence Inn in Coventry. We do rotate a number of items in our breakfast buffet, so if you stay for a few days next time, you might see Canadian bacon, breakfast burritos, pancakes or French toast, biscuits and gravy - a variety of both healthy and indulgent options! Thank you, Cal Kitson - Sales Manager ckitson@thmc.biz

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Long Valley, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Nice hotel overall. Very nice personnel. Very good breakfast!
Our king size mattress was in desperate need of replacement - it sunk in the center and the head was lower than the foot of the bed. The front desk did offer to move us but we opted to have maintenance put a board between the mattress and boxspring which helped with the sunken middle but did not help with the lower head area. If we had additional time we would have changed rooms. Also, the TV came on at 6:30 AM every morning - even after we checked that the alarm and automatic settings were not set. This was rather bothersome - if we had wanted to get up at that time we would have put in for a wakeup call! The front desk said they would check into it.

Room Tip: Check the mattress and TV settings before you get settled in.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay at the Residence Inn in Coventry. We apologize for your experience with the mattress and the self-starting TV. We've been working to correct that problem on several TVs after our change to HD. I'm happy to hear that you'll stay with us again next based on the quality of our hotel and staff. See you then. -Cal Kitson, Sales Manager ckitson@thmc.biz
Milford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

A one night away from home that revived me as good as a week somewhere! Very restful on 4th Floor. Loved the hot breakfast and the hot tub. Since I have said "hot" twice, I think winter is coming. Staff friendly but sparse upon arrival because helping someone elsewhere. Had a cup of coffee while waiting to check in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cal K, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Providence Coventry, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your comments. We're glad you felt so rested after just one night at our hotel! With winter just around the corner, I recommend trying one of our cozy Fireplace Suites on your next visit to the Residence Inn, Coventry. Thanks, Cal ckitson@thmc.biz
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed here for several nights back in December 2011 - it was very good, so we decided to stay again when we found ourselves in Providence for one night in September 2013. Check-in was easy, the room was clean, quiet and very comfortable. The kitchen area was also handy since we were traveling with a baby. Breakfast was a zoo, but that had more to do with the hotel guests. There was a nice variety of items to choose from.

The only negative is that I got a nasty shock from the hotel provided hair dryer in the bathroom - it had me spinning for a few minutes and it was a little scary. Also, the tv in the living room area (that we never touched) turned on by itself twice in the middle of the night. We had to unplug it. At checkout we told them that they might want to check on the electrical in that room!

Overall, a very nice place and I'm sure we'll stay there again.

Room Tip: I think it's always worth it to ask for top floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your return visit to the Residence Inn, Coventry, with your family. I'm glad you enjoyed the convenience of the fully-equipped kitchen and the comfort of our suites during your stay. Our apologies for the electrical problems in the rooms - thank you for bringing them to our attention. Hope to see you again! Cal ckitson@thmc.biz
New Hope, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Upon entering the hotel was clean, modern, neat, and the desk staff was welcoming.
The two bedroom suite had plenty of room for my fiancé , her daughter and myself.
The ceiling are thin, I would request a top floor room.otherwise you will hear the people above you

Room Tip: Choose a top floor, two bedroom suite
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your compliments about our hotel! Our Two Bedroom Suites are ideal when traveling with several people, providing plenty of space and privacy for everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Warrenton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

First time in Rhode Island and this hotel's staff was genuine. Kuntal, Troy and Rachel were great! Thank you for recommendations on tours and places to eat. The rooms was clean, breakfast and coffee were stocked and maintained throughout the morning. Look forward to returning. Thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us during your trip to the New England states! I remember chatting with you and your family during breakfast about all your sightseeing plans. We'd love to have you stay with us again the next time you're passing through Rhode Island. Cal ckitson@thmc.biz
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I agree with the positive reviews for this Residence Inn. Complimented the manager on his staff and their teamwork. As I trek across country staying at Camp Marriott:-) I have stayed in only a few I felt worthy of 5. This one is worthy. I want to be clear that this is not a five star hotel but Residence Inn. Good clean moderate hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Michael C, General Manager at Residence Inn Providence Coventry, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for writing such a nice review of our hotel. It was apleasure meeting you while you were staying and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Been to Residence Inn Providence Coventry? Share your experiences!