“Very Attentive, Clean, but not directly on the beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Watch Hill Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Watch Hill
Watch Hill Inn
38-44 Bay St, Watch Hill, Westerly, RI 02891   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Watch Hill
Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan
“Very Attentive, Clean, but not directly on the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I realize the title of my review may not come as a surprise, because the WHI does not claim to be directly on the beach.

The views of the harbor are lovely, and we are very favorable regarding the Inn, but for our family, the beach is an important aspect of our travels...and there is a little bit of a walk to get there.

The rooms are clean, manicures, the attention of the staff is wonderful. The location is fantastic, we loved walking into town at night for an ice cream and to people watch.

Overall, this is a great choice, and we have no complaints (hence our 4 star rating).

Room Tip: If you can get a harbor view - it is lovely, and the sky was always a different color, and magnifice...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Just returned from a birthday girls midweek getaway in Watch Hill and stayed at the Watch Hill Inn, which sits overlooking the harbor of this gem of a town on the southeastern most tip of Rhode Island. We rented adjoining harbor view rooms on the second floor and were completely satisfied with the accommodations. The decor is contemporary and the rooms in fantastic condition. Our units came with a galley kitchen and lovely deck which we lived on when not at the beach or shopping. Bathroom is 5 star. The owners of the Watch Hill Inn were gracious beyond expectation, as were the cleaning staff who we bumped in too from time to time. My friends had never really known much of Watch Hill and they fell in love with it almost upon arrival. We shall return!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Off season was fabulous! The week we were there it was unusually warm and gorgeous. I was very impressed with management and staff. Lorraine Correla, the manager, could not have been more helpful.The breakfast baskets are wonderful....all kinds of goodies. When the out side security lights were shining into our bedroom, a helpful room attendant went above and beyond to construct a cover. Little things can make a difference and that meant alot. Also I love the kitchens with both a microwave and a stove. I love Watch Hill and will most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Cumberland, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

My husband and I just returned from an overnight stay here and I doubt that we will be returning. I'll list the positives first. The reservation booking staff were extremely helpful and flexible (we had to change our original date and they allowed us to do so without a hassle). The facility is in an ideal location within walking distance to carousel beach and many shops and little restaurants (there are also several other beaches and restaurants a short drive away). Our room had a nice little balcony with a great harbor view that was only partly obstructed by the roofs of some buildings in front of us. The staff were very helpful in terms of suggesting activities and dining options. We did enjoy the kitchenette b/c we were able to bring snacks and wine.

On the negative side, the room was very dirty. A dirty room would be upsetting regardless of the cost, but this room was $450 a night!!! There was crusty whitish stuff on our bed's blanket, multiple long black hairs in the bathroom from the previous occupant, the bathroom mirror was smeared with stuff, there were streaks of dirt on all of the door handles and lights switches, and there were dark dust bunnies on the bedside lamp. We didn't bother to complain b/c we only had one night to stay there and we didn't feel like dealing with the hassle of waiting for someone to come and fix all of these things. The entire facility is a bit dated.

We were very thankful to be receiving a free breakfast basket that was to be delivered between 8:30 and 9:30. Someone called me at 8:36 and asked if they could come deliver it. I hopped out of bed and got ready so that I could answer the door when they came. Forty-five minutes later, I called the front desk to see what on earth was going on with my breakfast. It was brought immediately after the call, but I was pretty irritated that I missed out on extra sleep waiting for the breakfast delivery. The basket consisted of 2 O.J.'s, 3 muffins, 1 croissant, and 1 apple. They were okay.

Room Tip: Check the website to see which rooms have the best views
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Middlefield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Before making reservations, get details about the room / condo - they do not mind describing the possible vacancies.. There are two different buildings - one is the Inn and the other is a strip of condos adjacent to the Inn. We stayed in a second floor condo in the strip. It was a nice size - so modern, so clean, extremely well furnished, daily maid service, and a great view overlooking the water which was across the street. The only negative I can come up with is the price - it is expensive but ask them if they are running any specials - we got one. I would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

My wife and I took a chance on the Watch Hill Inn for our first vaction with our newborn baby. When we arrived we were very happy to find that it is located in the heart of the village, making it easy for us to walk to everything.

Since we were traveling with a 2 month old, we wanted to make sure that we had plenty of space which is why we booked B210, 900+ square feet. This unit was beautifully decorated and featured both high end bathroom and kitchen. The balcony was the perfect touch. It overlooked the harbor and making it the perfect place for morning coffee or watching the sunset.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

My partner and I, booked a room at the Watch Hill Inn, and have never been more pleased. The room was absolutely beautiful, high-end finishes, simplistic, modern touches with a welcoming and warm, cozy feel. Not only was the room the cleanest, most well-taken care of, room I have ever stayed in...the people managing and working at the Inn, were by far the friendliest, most helpful, resourceful and gracious of hosts. My partner and I felt extremely well taken care of. I recommend Watch Hill Inn with the highest of enthusiasm. I know we can't wait to go back!
Mary Elizabeth

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Watch Hill Inn? Share your experiences!