“Decent option for the airport” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   36 Jefferson Blvd, Warwick, RI 2888   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Wakefield, Rhode Island
“Decent option for the airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times. This past week+, we stayed 2 nights, before and returning from flying out of the nearby airport. It is convenient and pretty clean. Our rooms have been clean & big enough; no issues with our rooms, though they could be a little more generous with the bath supplies (shampoo, etc). The complementary breakfasts are not particularly great. Compared with some others (and other chains), this one is decidedly unremarkable. They could add a little more variety (and PLEASE, make better coffee!!) My only other caveat is that the free shuttle service is NOT available at all times, so if you are needing that, check with them depending on your flight times. Because my flight was arriving at a time that their shuttle was not operating, they did (a bit reluctantly) reimburse me for my cab fare.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Good clean accommodations. Unfortunately there was no exercise facility. Rooms were clean but somewhat dated. Bathroom was clean but stark. Whole hotel needs re-modelling. Breakfast was very plain and in comparison to other breakfasts included hotels, this was rather poor. More selection would be appreciated. Healthy selections also.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I spent one night at the hotel before flying out early the next morning. I took advantage of an offer that allows you to leave your car at the hotel while you're out of town. Before tax it was $82.00 for a weeknight. Free shuttle service to the airport runs every 30 minutes. Just let them know upon check-in.

My room was exactly what I requested, right by the lobby. It was also across from the elevator. Learn from my mistake, that room is surrounded by noise even though only one wall is shared with another guestroom. I heard people coming and going all night long, that said, I'm sure I kept waking up in fear of missing my early flight.

They offer a free breakfast that includes instant oatmeal, yogurt, muffins, bagels, fruit, juice, and other assorted items. At 4 AM, that's what was already available and it doesn't officially open until later.

My shuttle driver already had the van warming up and ready to go when I went to check out. Every employee I spoke to was very friendly and eager to please guests.

The room was basic, mostly clean, could use some upkeep but nothing major.

When driving up to the hotel, be careful as there's another driveway before it (depending on your direction) that doesn't connect to their lot.

Room Tip: Stay away from the main entrance and elevators unless you want to make a quick exit.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

My room stunk of smoke awfully, even though I had asked for a non smoking room. I had a huge presentation the next day and all my clothes took in that odor overnight. I am asthmatic and woke up multiple times during the night not being able to breathe because of the smoke and lack of ventilation. The next morning I had no water pressure for a shower.

On a positive note, their breakfast was great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

At our arrival, the receptionist was cold, rude and obviously not happy to be working, which should have been a warning sign...
As soon as we entered the room, we noticed a strong smell of cigarette smoke (although the third floor of the hotel is supposed to be non-smoking). The faucet of the sink was broken and threatening to fall apart when we tried to get some water and the water that actually came out was extremely rusty and brown. The bathtub was not any better since we simply never could fill it up to take a bath because there was no water pressure... to give you an idea, it took me about 20 minutes to wash my hair instead of 5 because I couldn't rinse them out.
Also our puppy had a little "accident" on our bed and when we asked for the sheets to be changed, it took the staff about two hours to bring us the new sheets.
My husband and I have stayed in La Quinta hotels before and we have never been disappointed but this last experience was so bad that we probably won't ever choose that chain again. We'd rather spend $20 more and be able to shower.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Antelope, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Why spend $50 more when this La Quinta has 90% of the same amenities? Complimentary van service to the airport, parking, and friendly staff seemed genuinely concerned to make this stay easy and affordable. Bed quality is excellent. The breakfast is equivalent to a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express that cost a lot more. TV and cable are the same compared to other major hotel chains and Free internet service in your room or in the lobby to print boarding passes or check email. What's to complain about? Travel is very expensive these days so why pay more without gaining any major benefits? Unless you like wasting money?

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Bloomfield, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My family spent the night there because we were visiting a university the next day. We arrived just before midnight and the room was average. No amenities but coffee which none of us drink. We wanted to order food which the front desk gave us a menu to an Italian restaurant. We order the food and were told that they only took Credit Card which was upsetting because we did know anything about the place. We were willing to pay cash upon arrival. They refused to take cash so my husband decided to drive to the restaurant and get the food which he said took over 20 minutes and was not in a nice area. The food was not that good. Overall, the hotel was not worth $80.00 for the night. At least the people at the front desk was pleasant, and did allowed my husband and son a little more time before check out.

Room Tip: Good location.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Warwick Providence Airport? Share your experiences!