“Great wedding venue” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 16 hotels in Warwick
Burlington
“Great wedding venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

Our daughter recently got married in Warwick. We had reserved a room block at another hotel and a month before the wedding were told that they had overbooked. The Sheraton stepped in and was able to accomodate all of our guests. The service that we received was excellent. Dennis, the event coordinator, Paula at the front desk , the housekeeping staff, the bartender and the restuarant staff all went out of their way to make our stay memorable. They reserved a room for us where we could mingle the night before the wedding. Every morning, we were served a delicious breakfast buffet. Everyone went out of their way to make this a special weekend for us all. They all did it with a smile. We would like to thank all of them for their effort. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who was planning a wedding or just staying in the Providence area.

• Stayed November 2009
kelkel10, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2009
Thank you so much for your kind comments. It was our pleasure to host the wedding rooms for your guests and relatives.

I hope we were able to take some of the stress away.

Let me know if I can assist with anything in the future.

Kathy Schnell, GM

313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

We stayed at the Sheraton while looking at University of RI. It is about 1/2 hour from the university. It met our needs, it was reasonable and clean. Ask for more towels as in our king bed room there were only 2 sets of towels. One or 2 restaurants nearby so you either eat at the hotel or leave the airport area. It was quiet, could not hear the planes. It met our needs as it was a place to sleep only.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
kelkel10, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2009
Thank you for your comments. We value our guests and their input, so thank you. Our hotel strives to provide the best possible service. If there is anything I can assist with in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me. Kathy Schnell GM
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

Staff is very helpful and customer focused. I plan to stay again...

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We value our guests and their input, so thank you. If there is anything I can assist with in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me. Kathy Schnell GM
Gurnee, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

I'm a road warrior consultant, and with the many contacts that I work, I generally have to make random new towns and hotels my "home away from home" for months at a time.

In this case, my Providence "home away from home" is the Warwick Sheraton. I've made this wonderful hotel my base of operations for the last two months and plan to continue staying here for the next 10 while I complete my project in Rhode Island.

The Guest services are outstandingly responsive and willing to work with you for ANY need. The staff is always attentive and friendly, and no matter which staffer I pass in the halls, I'm always warmly greeted and made to feel welcomed here.

My favorite aspect of the hotel is the Club Lounge and the amenities it provides, it is a great place to work late into the night and grab a snack. The rooms are clean and well maintained, and on most days I've even seen that they have an active maintenance program for upgrading and maintaining the rooms to comfort level I've been experiencing.

The hotel location is excellent, downtown Providence being 20 mins with easy highway access and major roads that run straight into town. Also nearby are some great and reasonable restaurant options for eating; (Lemongrass, Ozzie's, Bertucci's and the Crows Nest) and the hotel runs a very active shuttle service with the airport and several of the other nearby business' as well.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
dunfermline
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

Staff were extremely courteous and helpful. Front of house doubled as our own Tourist Information Office provding maps/directions/timetables, ordered taxis to anywhere as well as recommending restaurants.

Excellent Room - spacious and comfortable
- serviced daily but were never disturbed at any time
Great Bar providing drinks, snacks & meals
Jessica on front desk - an asset to the hotel
John - Courtesy Bus Driver to all local amenities also providing useful information on places further afield - where to go and how to get there.

Professional staff - happy to help at any time without being intrusive.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone needing to stay in the Providence area for any reason.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Sterling,CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

My new wife and I just recently had our wedding reception at the Sheraton Providence Airport. I was initially attracted to the hotel simply because of it's convenience in proximity to the airport for our large number of out of state guests. To my surprise, the recent modern renovations of the hotel were outstanding. i've stayed at numerous hotels in my life and this place is certainly the best for the money that I have been in. To my knowledge, none of our guests (150+) were unsatisfied in the least bit with our lodging choice and I actually received numerous compliments regarding the hotel.

Regarding our reception, Cheryl was incredible. She helped plan our reception night from beginning to end. She was very flexible, always there for us, and certainly a pleasure to do business with. I would also like to give thanx to Michael who was our food and beverage captain for the reception night. This dude was amazing and was so attentive to our needs. Not only was the food fantastic, he made sure my beautiful bride's glass and mine was never empty at any point during the night. It's nice to not have to worry about the little things when you are on such a time crunch all night.

Steven and Shannon

• Stayed September 2009
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

I deal with the travel coordinator for the Sheraton Airport Hotel , arranging long term corporate stays.Maggie is a wonderful representative for the company. Whenever I need something for my clients she is very accomodating and efficient.
Our clients always enjoy there stay and are very impressed with the service and facilities offered to them.
I highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
kelkel10, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2009

Been to Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!