“EXCELLENT SERVICE AGAIN”” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
dunfermline
“EXCELLENT SERVICE AGAIN””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

Staff were extremely courteous and helpful. Front of house doubled as our own Tourist Information Office provding maps/directions/timetables, ordered taxis to anywhere as well as recommending restaurants.

Excellent Room - spacious and comfortable
- serviced daily but were never disturbed at any time
Great Bar providing drinks, snacks & meals
Jessica on front desk - an asset to the hotel
John - Courtesy Bus Driver to all local amenities also providing useful information on places further afield - where to go and how to get there.

Professional staff - happy to help at any time without being intrusive.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone needing to stay in the Providence area for any reason.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Sterling,CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

My new wife and I just recently had our wedding reception at the Sheraton Providence Airport. I was initially attracted to the hotel simply because of it's convenience in proximity to the airport for our large number of out of state guests. To my surprise, the recent modern renovations of the hotel were outstanding. i've stayed at numerous hotels in my life and this place is certainly the best for the money that I have been in. To my knowledge, none of our guests (150+) were unsatisfied in the least bit with our lodging choice and I actually received numerous compliments regarding the hotel.

Regarding our reception, Cheryl was incredible. She helped plan our reception night from beginning to end. She was very flexible, always there for us, and certainly a pleasure to do business with. I would also like to give thanx to Michael who was our food and beverage captain for the reception night. This dude was amazing and was so attentive to our needs. Not only was the food fantastic, he made sure my beautiful bride's glass and mine was never empty at any point during the night. It's nice to not have to worry about the little things when you are on such a time crunch all night.

Steven and Shannon

• Stayed September 2009
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

I deal with the travel coordinator for the Sheraton Airport Hotel , arranging long term corporate stays.Maggie is a wonderful representative for the company. Whenever I need something for my clients she is very accomodating and efficient.
Our clients always enjoy there stay and are very impressed with the service and facilities offered to them.
I highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
kelkel10, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2009
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We value our guests and their input, so thank you. If there is anything I can assist with in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me. Kathy Schnell GM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

I stayed at this hotel with a few out of state friends and had a great time!! The pool and workout room was a nice feature while away from home. The lounge we ate in was nice and the food was very good!! Definitely would come back.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

The hotel allowed our group to meet and eat in a setting very condusive to focusing on the task at hand. The guest rooms were comfortable and welcoming also. The great staff took care of us every step of the way.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

Checked in to this hotel on 10/08/09 for a three night stay. Easy to find and close to the airport. Had reserved two rooms both with king sized beds. Was told by front desk they had absolutely NO king beds available when we got there. Complained a little and then was told they could give up King bed rooms on there club floor. Rooms were nothing special. Cannot stand windows that won't open at all. We love fresh air. No safe, no minibar. Beds were comfortable. We left the hotel for the day around 9AM and returned at 3PM and the rooms had not been cleaned. We deciided to have a short nap and could not even begin to sleep as the housekeeping staff were cleaning rooms around us and shouting and screaming at each other from room to room as if they were having a big party or something. Needless to say we thought there way of going about business was very unprofessional and not called for. Our rooms were not cleaned at all that day. Finally came back to room after a day of sightseeing around 11PM and had to go down to front desk to get some towels and advise the front desk of the loud housekeepers. The gentleman at the desk was very apologetic and advised he would contact the manager.

Will find another hotel to give our hard earned money too after our experience here. After a few recent stays at Sheratons we have been less than satisfied after each encounter. I think we will be giving out business to the competition from now on.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
kelkel10, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2009
Thank you for your comments and observations. Guest service is our ultimate goal here at the Sheraton. We try to make every guest feel special. I take our guests comments seriously and address them.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Kathy Schnell, GM
Maryville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

The she'RATON,' a few of the backlights on the name are burned out, making it the Raton, which is rat (hangover in slang) Spanish. I can't think of a better, yet funny way to describe the hotel. The staff was mostly helpful....so here goes.

I checked in and the room wasn't ready. We went to lunch, and were given the room (458). I felt gross, so I wanted to shower the travel slime away before going on with the day. The room was fine, although I don't think I was in the Club room I actually paid for, but it was sufficient enough. We unpacked, and then I jumped in the shower...I was halfway finished showering when I noticed them...the cheap, lacy panties in bright yellow that were hanging from the shower rod. I finished my shower, and retrieved them with the trash bag. I took them to the front desk, as no one answered the phone, after 4 attempts of many rings. I took them to the manager, and we resolved the issue. I never noticed the club lounge being open that evening, or the lights weren't on. I was open the next morning, and after asking to make sure my card had the access I PAID FOR, it didn't work. Someone was kind enough to let me in though.

Likes: comfortable bed, convenient to the airport
Dislikes: the multitude of service failures, paying for (not relying on SPG upgrade) Club room and not getting it, having to pay for the INTERNET

Overall: The more I have laughed about the whole mess, the more I have actually realized how terrible the stay as a whole end up being. I am not mad, I travel often and things are bound to happen, but these errors aren't all related to a dirty room...well, maybe they are. Loved Providence, but the Westin will likely get my business for the return trip that's coming.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
kelkel10, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2009
Thank you for your comments and observations. Guest service is our ultimate goal here at the Sheraton. We try to make every guest feel special. We have already addressed the item found in your shower with housekeeping.

I appreciate the observation on the exterior signage. We are already in the process of having that repaired.

Please let me know if I can assist with anything in the future.

Kathy Schnell, GM

Been to Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!