“Should you judge a 'book by it's cover'?” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Montana
“Should you judge a 'book by it's cover'?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

When folks stay at a brand hotel, they expect a level of quality with that brand. This is obvious in the decor, the quality of the bed and bedding, the bath items provided, etc. These were all provided at the Sheraton.
When we judge hotels, one also has to look at ease of location. Was it easy to find? From the road, there are no indications on which exit to take. Perhaps they rely on everyone having a device that will tell them or Warwick has a policy not to post signage. It is handy to the airport, rental return garage.
Despite having made a reservation for a king size bed, when I arrived, the only room left was one with a full size bed. I voiced my disapproval and had to coax "we overbooked" from the desk clerk. I also coaxed a waiver of the $50 pet fee and a complimentary breakfast (not used) as compensation.
Finding an entry door from the parking lot was not easy. Very inconvenient (and unsafe, in my opinion), but this seems to be an old economy motel dressed up.
The bed was comfortable and internet is complimentary. The pet area at the very back of the hotel is supplied.
Would I 'read' this book again? The price was just okay and planning better I might choose another, but in a pinch, it's an okay read.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your insightful review. While we rely on our convenient location next to Providence's TF Green Airport, what set's us apart is our service. We offer many amenities that the nearby limited service hotels can't match. Our full service Lounge and Restaurant, room service, and upgraded amenities just to name a few. None of it matters if it doesn't set us apart. We rely on our team to make a lasting impression so that next time you are in the area you will stay with us. I hope you will try us again and challenge us to help create a special memory of your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Here on business, conducted a training here all week. Staff here is great- very accomodating from check in to check out. Nick in banquets was always available to help, Alex in the Club Lounge provided a great atmosphere at the end of the day, restaurant and front desk staff great! I travel over 30 weeks per year for business, and this experience was one of the best.
Convenient location- very close to Providence Airport

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Diane L, we are glad you commented on your event and your stay with us. Nick and Alex work very hard and it will be a pleasure to share your story with them. We truly appreciate your business and we hope you can make it back soon. Thank you for choosing Sheraton.
Bristol, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Definitely NOT a 31/2 star for us. First room smelled moldy so moved to 2nd floor. Carpet badly stained/dirty and furniture looked "tired" in next room. We have definitely been in better rooms in 21/2 to 3 star hotels from Hotwire. Pool and excercise area were nice as was the lobby lounge area. Loved the computers but they all crashed Sunday to late Monday mourning. Coffee area was OK but disappointing. We planned to stay another day but "moved on".

Room Tip: Stay out of 1st floor. Feels like a basement.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear valued guest, I am truly disappointed that it seemed like everything that could go wrong during your visit did go wrong. I can offer no acceptable explanation. I have shared your comments with our leaders and I am sure you will see improvement if you choose to return. Cleanliness issues are simply inexcusable.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I completed my stay back in July but wanted to make sure I got this review in. The ENTIRE staff was top notch. From Alex and Steph getting my computer back to my room for me to the Sunday evenings with Jess in the lounge they always made me feel at home. Not to mention managers night with Lisa and Susan...every Wednesday they made it a point, even after long days, to spend time with the business guests and anyone else up on club level. Susan even came in the late one night just back from a business trip because it was one of my last weeks there! I may shed a tear on that one! Hope to come back again soon when I travel back to the US. Thanks for everything.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear JohnC, thank you for taking the time to post your review. Our team always enjoys reading such great comments. I am very proud of the team. I know they enjoyed having you here. If you had a website, we would write great comments on your site because you are a valued guest. I will be sure to give Steph, Alex, Jessica, Lisa and Susan a pat on the back on your behalf. Thank you for choosing our hotel.
New York City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Don't expect much more than your average hotel experience at this Sheraton. It's a convenient location if you need to be near the airport, or even if you don't mind a short drive into Providence. It's got free parking and free WiFi. The rooms are stocked with slightly outdated but functional furniture. The beds are very comfy. However, I gave it two stars because the room we stayed in (119) smelled overwhelmingly of MUST and MILDEW. I don't know if they'd had flooding problems (the 1st floor is slightly below grade) or what the story is, but the dank odor was powerful and persistent. This is really unacceptable for any hotel, much less one that bills itself as a 3-star. They need to address this problem immediately or close off the rooms exhibiting this issue.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor at all costs until the dank odors are alleviated.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear overland2007, thank you posting your review. We do offer the convenience of our location near Providence's TF Green airport and other amenties you should expect from the only full service hotel at the airport. However, we need to exceed your expectations in all aspects of your stay. It is always helpful to get room numbers so we can resolve the issues that our guests mention in their comments. I will personally check the room and get it fixed. We routinely do preventive maintenance in our rooms, your comment will help us target our effort. Thank you for choosing Sheraton.
Hawkesbury, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I too was a little bit afraid for noise but it was not a factor at all, rooms were clean and the housekeeping was good. Being a platinum member I was disappointed with the lounge access, first of all it was the first time I have ever seen a lounge shut down at 09:00 hours ever and this even on the weekend???????????????
We were there for three days and had four rooms to our group, they did resolve issues when the came up, clogged toilet, trouble with internet and trouble with cable TV but the poor girl who had to service the club lounge floor was swamped the hotel should have had two people in there considering how many people had access.
There was a lack of food and coffee in their quite often, she just couldn't keep up and this is a management issue I would say, now I could wait for food for a while but coffee, one morning (Saturday) the coffee was out at 08:45 and she said it would not be replenished, considering the lounge closes at an early time this is ridiculous.
I may consider going again but I would probably call ahead of time to see how full it was first, maybe that would generate a question and management would have enough people to service us properly, especially for travelers who pay extra to get access to the club lounge.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear valued guest, thank you for the comments on your stay. We did experience very high volume in the lounge over the holiday weekend. I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. We usually receive very good comments on the Club Lounge, but on this occasion we did fall short of our usual standards. We are reviewing the schedule to see if we need to extend our hours on the Holidays. Please feel free to give me a call prior to you next stay. I would happy to go over the details of your stay.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Service crew helpful during conference, reception lovely. Housekeeping for rooms abit slow however. My room did not receive attention until after 3 pm thus far. Not sure why this is occurring seeing that our conference meetings start at 8 am daily.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We always enjoy having meetings in the hotel. Along with being a great airport location, or flexible meeting space makes us unique. I am sorry our housekeeping team took too long to get your room. You bring up a good point about the timing, that is why we like feedback. We can always learn from what our guests tell us. Thank you for chosing Sheraton.

Been to Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!