“great find in warwick” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Northeast
“great find in warwick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

Found the staff to be very friendly and attentive. Hotel offers affordable rates for a clean property with spacious rooms. Nice fitness center and a pretty courtyard to relax in.
Breakfast in the cafe was reasonably priced and very good. Wished I had saved room for the baked goods they make on property and offer at the coffee counter. They looked incredible and others eating them said they were delicious.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
thesinclairs24
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

This hotel is great value for a one night stay, I wouldn't recommend staying here though for much longer. The staff were very helpful and friendly (mostly young students). Free cookies and internet. Great beds, ones were you can select the stiffness of the mattress. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a cheap stopover

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

We'd never expected this kind of quality from an airport hotel. We stayed here on our way up to Newport, so we were only here one night. Radisson has really done well with this property (the other Radisson airport hotel I stayed in - in London - was very different from this property but was also stellar in its own right). It doesn't look like much on the outside, but inside was lovely. It was staffed by Johnson and Wales interns, and they were super nice and very accommodating. Our room was outstanding - we found a deal on the deluxe room so we had a suite, with a king size sleep number bed in one part, sliding doors, and then a sofa and work area, and kitchen area, in the other. Stainless mini fridge, complimentary bottled water. Jets in the tub in the bathroom. Everything clean, fantastic. Very nice linens in the bedroom, A/C worked very well. Plenty of parking. The gym was fine - not huge but has a number of machines and a full set of free weights and a water dispenser. Hotel is built like a starfish with multiple entries and exits, and corridors open into a courtyard behind the front desk, which has some tables and chairs and a fountain - really nice grounds. Also I never heard any traffic or a single plane even though it's an airport hotel. It was very easy to find even though we were exhausted at 1 in the morning when we got there and had never been there before. They still have ice machines which are great. Noon checkout is later than the other hotels we'd found, which was a nice touch for us as we'd arrived very late in the night. Even though we were on the first floor, it was super quiet and we felt very safe.

Only negatives: I couldn't get the internet access (free) to work, there's no continental breakfast option, and at checkout they tried to charge us a dollar for a long distance phone call when we never used the phone at all (but they removed it when we told them this).

I'd fully recommend and stay again! It's one of the few hotels that I wish I could actually stay longer than the one night I did!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2008

I booked this hotel online and stayed for one night. There were a couple of issues, but nothing too major. The first is that there is no Radisson bus per se, only a Johnson and Wales University bus, with a small Radisson sign in front. I waited outside the airport 30 minutes for a Radisson bus and finally called the hotel, and was then told to take the J&W bus. Upon checking into the room I noticed that I was not given the bigger jacuzzi room with suite that I had booked. When I called the front desk to inquire they stated the jacuzzis weren't working. Great, but why wasn't I notified on check-in that I would be placed in a smaller room than that for which I'd paid? This was quickly rectified by hotel management to my satisfaction, so that was okay. We had a nice room service dinner and a good breakfast, and staff were generally pleasant. The shuttle bus drivers were very nice, actually. We found the sleep number bed not to our liking however, after reading so many positive reviews of it. All in all we might or might not stay at this hotel again. It wasn't terrible, but not special either.

Stayed November 2008
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

I was booked to stay at a hotel nearby but didn't like the overall look of the hotel so on a whim I walked into the Radisson to see if they had anything available. They did and at a great AAA rate - only $73.00 a night.

The front desk "students" that were interning from Johnson & Wales were wonderful! Everyone was so friendly, including the gentleman from New York who decided to upgrade us for apparently no reason at all, to a 1-bed suite.

The room was incredibly clean and wonderfully spacious. The bathroom was a bit small for 2 people to get ready in the morning, but the look and feel were great of it. The room had a large desk with high speed internet and the beds were out of this world comfortable.

*a side note on the curtains in the room*

I noticed a lot of reviews that said there was only a sheer curtain to covering the windows and we thought that too until you look behind it and there were black out type shades that you can pull closed - I just don't think people take the time to look. It took me about 10 minutes to figure it out after freaking out that people can see in, lol.

Back to the hotel - they no longer have continental breakfast but that was okay since I just loved this hotel so much. I can't express how clean and nice the rooms were and the staff is super friendly.

A+ on the complimentary waters to drink as well - what a nice touch!

Well worth the 73.00 a night for sure! Will make Radisson my regular hotel from now on!

• Liked — The cleanliness and friendliness of everyone
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

Stayed at the Radisson for a weekend in Providence - it is a great property ran by Johnson and Wales University. Location - about 10 minutes to downtown, across the street from airport, near restaurants. Rooms - brand new, upgrade to the executive rooms for about $20 more andf you'll get a 1 bedroom suite with a nice jetted tub in the bathroom. The staff is great, the whole hotel is clean and really perfect for a few night stay. The downside - no continental breakfast, no 24 room service, and lounge closes early. Parking is free, and if you are flying out you can park for 1 week for free!. Overall a great choice for $100 a night.

• Liked — Executive rooms were great!
  • Disliked — No pool, no free breakfast
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Epsom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2008

We stayed here for three nights whilst visiting relatives. The room was comfortable and spacious, with free internet. We took the free continental breakfast, which was adequate to start the day. The hotel has limited facilities, but was fine for somewhere to stay in the area - no complaints.

• Liked — Easy parking, good access to road network. Near to where we were visiting
  • Disliked — Not a lot of character - businesslike.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Radisson Hotel Providence Airport? Share your experiences!