“good Nwes!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Indianapolis
“good Nwes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Tis hotel ism owned by Johnson and Wales University and is used to train students in the hospitality and culinary arts. The senior rate was better than a Hampton (where we usually stay), was clean and attractive. Desk clerks ere very helpful and friendly. We were staying the night before our flight back home; five minutes from the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Andrew T, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Providence Airport, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. As Johnson & Wales students, we are very proud of the services we provide to our guests. We are glad you found our front desk team helpful and friendly, and our facilities clean and attractive. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Rhode Island.

All the best,

Andrew Trudo
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here the night before our flight from Providence to Nantucket.

First of all, it is located right off I 95 which makes it very convenient. When I told the woman at the front desk that it was our anniversary, she gave us a complimentary room upgrade to a suite, which was lovely. Our room was clean and updated and our bedding was great. We had the sleep number bed so that was extra special. My husband could have his side of the bed firm, while my side of the bed was a little softer, which is what I like.

For dinner, we drove around the area before we checked in but nothing really excited us. My husband wanted to eat in the hotel dining room, but I have never been a big fan of that; however, given our other choices, we decided to stay in the hotel and have dinner at the bar. What a great choice that was! We met Chef Mike, and he spent alot of time talking to us about the menu and he was totally flexible with our likes and dislikes. Even though we were really full from our dinner, the bread pudding got the best of us - and it was worth every calorie!

Finally, the hotel is accross the street from the airport and they have a shuttle. We did drive over there in the morning expecting to park on site but the parking fee's were $6 - $10 per day. Since we were going for a week, we went back to the hotel and we were able to park for the entire week for $25.

A few things we learned here - never again will we do that long drive from Milford, Ct to Hyannis and get the ferry. We were door to door home in 2 1/2 hours by flying from Provindence Airport, and secondly, we will never consider staying anywhere but the Radisson and will be really looking forward to our next dinner with Chef Mike and the team at the Hotel.

Thank you to all who made our experience wonderful. I would be remiss if I didn't tell you that Amanda, who picked us up at the airport at the hotel, was amazing. Such pleasant and accomodating folks are refreshing. We spent 8 times the amount of money per night for accomodations in Nantucket and didn't get anywhere the level of service we got here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience. We could not be happier that you enjoyed your stay with us. We genuinely love what we do and are thrilled when our passion results in such a positive experience. I have shared your kind words with Chef Mike, Amanda, and our entire team. We all look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and restaurant on your next visit.

All the best,

Andrew Trudo
Guest Relations Manager
Arnold, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The room in which I stayed was clean and appeared to be newly refurbished. The bed was very comfortable. The fixtures were new, but they won't last but a few years; the drawer bottoms are fiberboard, for example, and the interior bathroom door very hollow and very cheap. The rest was very nice, though. Hotel design was a bit confusing entering from the rear parking lot. Quite a lot of noise from the hallway. No airport noise to speak of, despite its close proximity. Wifi in my room did not work; the staff assured me it was due to a blackout because of a storm the day I arrived, but a day later it was no better.

Room Tip: Upper floor probably better than lower for noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
BOSTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Have used this hotel prior to early morning flights. Suites are nicely appointed and comfortable. Hotel is staffed with Johnson & Wales students and is usually a multi-national group of students. Parking is close by and the van takes you right back to your vehicle. Overall if you have an early flight and live a distance from this great little airport it is nice to use this hotel and parking package.

Room Tip: Upgrade to suite
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed one night in Providence. My room was very clean and quiet. The staff could not have been friendlier! I ate in the hotel restaurant twice. The food was excellent. The one major pro - parking. It's a little bit of a walk, plus the arrows guiding you to the exits are very confusing. Plus, on the day I was there, there was a truck blocking one of the exits. The staff actually asked me if I'd had any concerns during my stay, and they seemed genuinely concerned about the parking.

Room Tip: I had a first floor room and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Booked on Priceline ,(name your price),and got a good rate for a Friday and Saturday night stay. I was kind of worried about it being so close to the Airport, but turns out , that was not an issue.....
At check-in they had me in a double bed room and I requested a king room. I was told that they had none available, and also told that because I reserved through a third party, no room type was guaranteed. However, they did have king suites available for $20 a night extra. I took the double room and was really surprised by how small the room was. The bathroom was as "old school" as I've seen in a while, small counter sink, have to close the bathroom door to get to tub/shower. Generally a pretty "dingy" place.
I just could not see staying in that room, so I went back to the front desk and asked to see the suite, which it turns out , is the room you'll see pictured on their web-site .
I took the upgrade, and the room was nice enough, even though I did feel a little taken.
BE SURE TO CHECK THE WINDOW LOCKS, the windows in both rooms were unlocked, and both were a challenge to lock too. Kind of a rough neighborhood, as might be expected that close to the airport.
The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had a resrvation for two in a king bed and they placed me in two double beds. They were not accomodating at all. Room was clean and comfortable, but I was so dissapointed that I had to sleep in a tiny bed with my husband. Breakfast in the morning was not continental and a little over-priced for bagels and coffee.

Room Tip: Make sure your reservation is what you wanted before you arrive at the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Providence Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We apologize for the disappointing breakfast you received. This gives us the opportunity to review the situation and correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. Also, we regret to hear about your disappointment in the room you received. We attempt to fulfill each of our guest’s requests to the best of our ability. Prior to your next stay, we welcome you to contact us so we may discuss your accommodations in detail.

Been to Radisson Hotel Providence Airport? Share your experiences!