“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arnold, Maryland
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The room in which I stayed was clean and appeared to be newly refurbished. The bed was very comfortable. The fixtures were new, but they won't last but a few years; the drawer bottoms are fiberboard, for example, and the interior bathroom door very hollow and very cheap. The rest was very nice, though. Hotel design was a bit confusing entering from the rear parking lot. Quite a lot of noise from the hallway. No airport noise to speak of, despite its close proximity. Wifi in my room did not work; the staff assured me it was due to a blackout because of a storm the day I arrived, but a day later it was no better.

Room Tip: Upper floor probably better than lower for noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
BOSTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Have used this hotel prior to early morning flights. Suites are nicely appointed and comfortable. Hotel is staffed with Johnson & Wales students and is usually a multi-national group of students. Parking is close by and the van takes you right back to your vehicle. Overall if you have an early flight and live a distance from this great little airport it is nice to use this hotel and parking package.

Room Tip: Upgrade to suite
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed one night in Providence. My room was very clean and quiet. The staff could not have been friendlier! I ate in the hotel restaurant twice. The food was excellent. The one major pro - parking. It's a little bit of a walk, plus the arrows guiding you to the exits are very confusing. Plus, on the day I was there, there was a truck blocking one of the exits. The staff actually asked me if I'd had any concerns during my stay, and they seemed genuinely concerned about the parking.

Room Tip: I had a first floor room and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Booked on Priceline ,(name your price),and got a good rate for a Friday and Saturday night stay. I was kind of worried about it being so close to the Airport, but turns out , that was not an issue.....
At check-in they had me in a double bed room and I requested a king room. I was told that they had none available, and also told that because I reserved through a third party, no room type was guaranteed. However, they did have king suites available for $20 a night extra. I took the double room and was really surprised by how small the room was. The bathroom was as "old school" as I've seen in a while, small counter sink, have to close the bathroom door to get to tub/shower. Generally a pretty "dingy" place.
I just could not see staying in that room, so I went back to the front desk and asked to see the suite, which it turns out , is the room you'll see pictured on their web-site .
I took the upgrade, and the room was nice enough, even though I did feel a little taken.
BE SURE TO CHECK THE WINDOW LOCKS, the windows in both rooms were unlocked, and both were a challenge to lock too. Kind of a rough neighborhood, as might be expected that close to the airport.
The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had a resrvation for two in a king bed and they placed me in two double beds. They were not accomodating at all. Room was clean and comfortable, but I was so dissapointed that I had to sleep in a tiny bed with my husband. Breakfast in the morning was not continental and a little over-priced for bagels and coffee.

Room Tip: Make sure your reservation is what you wanted before you arrive at the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Providence Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We apologize for the disappointing breakfast you received. This gives us the opportunity to review the situation and correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. Also, we regret to hear about your disappointment in the room you received. We attempt to fulfill each of our guest’s requests to the best of our ability. Prior to your next stay, we welcome you to contact us so we may discuss your accommodations in detail.
Clarence Center, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We booked this hotel because it was recommended by Johnson & Wales and discounted due to the fact we were touring the college. It was not as close to the college as I hoped to be but the price was good and the hotel employs Johnson & Wales students. The staff was friendly and welcoming. Our room was located across from Legal Seafoods and the smell of fried fish permeated into the room through the air conditioner. The hotel restaurant has a very limited dinner menu which is not child friendly but the dessert was awesome and large enough to share. Beds were comfortable and the room was clean.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

If this hotel had free breakfast, it would be close to perfect! This Radisson is very close to the airport but I haven't heard a single plane! The hotel is quiet, clean, and everyone I've dealt with (staff-wise) has been professional and helpful.
My room had a Sleep Number bed - adjustable firmness mattress, which meant I could have a much or as little firmness as I want. The only thing my room lacked was a refrigerator but I asked at the front desk and a short time later there was a quiet knock on my door and there was a staff member with a mini fridge. Great!
The fitness room had equipment that worked and was clean! Something I don't usually find in most hotels. Another plus was that the fitness room was nice and cool.

I would definitely stay here again if I'm in the area!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Radisson Hotel Providence Airport? Share your experiences!