“Great Value, Great Property” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
New Jersey
“Great Value, Great Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2009

While I generally shy away from Crowne Plaza hotels, this is a great property. Rooms are large, clean and quiet. The staff is very friendly, and both the rooms and common areas are more up-to-date than at any other Crowne where I've stayed. Rooms have free wired internet service and are well-suited to accomplishing work. Breakfast is buffet style and I would rate it as slightly below average. I'll definitely return to this hotel as a frequent Providence-area traveler.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

The room we stayed in was average, and fairly clean. Most of the service was useful and friendly throughout the stay, with one or two rude encounters. Our room was not cleaned one night because we returned at about 2PM to give our baby a nap. The room had not been cleaned yet, and they called and said we only had until 4 before the maids went home. If you have children you know that when your baby is actually sleeping, you better not wake them up. We were suprised by a dog convention that was going on at the hotel. Being surrounded by multitudes of dogs staying in many of the rooms gave us major problems with allergies, causing us to feel sick for our entire stay in Rhode Island. When we left our payment information was mixed up, which cause us some very annoying problems. The billing department that I was forwarded too only had recordings asking for messages. My messages were never returned. We had to fix the problem without the aid of the hotel.

• Liked — Within driving distance of some enjoyable attractions.
  • Disliked — Abundance of pets staying at the hotel. Mixed up billing info with no help resolving issue.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fountain Hills, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2008

Have stayed here every year since we left RI. The hotel has only gotten better. Yes, the a/c units are very noisy but for FL folks the room was very comfortable. All folks working at hotel were very cordial and respectful and couldn't do enough for us. Management this year went out of their way to acknowledge us. Understand new GM at hotel and this might be why it has improved.

The business center's computer as other readers have reported should be changed. A minimum of $10.00 to access your e mails whether you are on 3 mins. or 20 mins. is way too expensive. Last year it was 50 cents a minute....no minimum.

The gym is very small. The pool needs to be resurfaced but clean and comfortable.

We hosted a dinner in one of the banquet rooms for 64 folks and it was wonderful...from food to service.

Parking lot was well lighted and we felt safe during our week stay.

• Liked — Wonderful staff
  • Disliked — Charge for computer access.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

My daughter and I decided to take a short vacation/road trip
before she goes back to school so we drove to Rhode Island.

After reading the reviews, I booked a room at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Warwick, RI from August 14th - August 17th. I couldnt have made a better choice. From the minute we arrived, we were in awe! I made the reservation through Priceline and got a great rate so I wasnt sure what to expect. The hotel was beautiful and very clean. I asked for a room on a high floor and was immediately accomodated with no questions asked. Our room was clean and very spacious (it was called an Executive room) and we had a great view. I am always impressed when hotel rooms have floor to ceiling windows as it is not something you see often and in my opinion, these types of windows add a great deal of natural light, beauty and character.

The hotel amenities were another plus. There is a pool with an outdoor patio area, fitness center, and business center with a computer (w internet), copy machine , fax machine,etc. But be very careful.........I guess I should have read the signs a little closer. In order to use the internet, you have to swipe your credit card. what I didnt read (because I was in a hurry) is that the company they use will place a $40 hold on your card whether you use $38 or $2.00. I was not very happy with that and after speaking directly with the company, was told there was nothing I could do. I only used $1.78. they said that the hold should be released by today (Monday). ...still not released....I will definitely keep a check. Apparently this business center is not run by the hotel. That may be something that the Crown Plaza may want to change. Im sure I am not the first guest who was shocked to find out that a copy of an itinerary ...one piece of paper...would cost $40!

I want to also add that I had the same situation with our airconditioner in the room as stated in the previous review. Our air conditioner was so noisy that the first night, I tossed and turned pretty much the entire night and even tried turning it off. But the room kept getting uncomfortably warm so I would have to turn it back on. The second night I called down to the desk and they sent the maintenence person up to my room 5 minutes later. He stopped the noise permanently.......or so he thought. He was extremely accommodating and pleasant, as were most of the hotel staff, but unfortunately they may need to do a little more with the heating/airconditioning system. For my troubles, however, the hotel gave me a complimentary free breakfast buffet coupon to use for up to 2 people. I thought that was very thoughtful and once, again showed how much this hotel values its customers.

All and all my experience with the Crown Plaza was a memorable one and the service was exceptional!

Make this your next hotel when visiting RI...........you wont be disappointed!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — location, service, space of room
  • Disliked — i really liked this hotel...no negatives
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

We were at a gathering booked at the hotel and booked an overnight room. The price was extremely reasonable at $139.
The hotel itself is clean, updated and just pretty to look at throughout. We had a king room which was fabulous, the most comfortable bed and loads of pillows. Complimentary Internet in the room. Indoor pool and small gym with good/new equipment.
The bar had complimentary cheese, crackers and fruit. The atmosphere was very warm. At the gathering itself, we had a buffet that was absolutely fabulous and not run of the mill buffet food. Salads, fish, chicken, beef, vegetables plus a very nice dessert bar. We had a great breakfast in the morning which was not overpriced and all their waitstaff were great. They have a great chef plus staff and should be commended for that.
Both my husband and I agreed this was a wonderful place to stay from all viewpoints. It was a busy weekend when we were there, with more than one wedding/reheasal dinners/receptions and it still was so calm and well organized.
It was really impressive.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

My 13- year old daughter and I drove up from New York City to spend a couple of days at the beach. The hotel met our expectations. The room was very comfortable and gave you an upscale feel. The bathroom area had a double sink, and a mirror that extended the entire area. There is an indoor pool, which my daughter enjoyed. The fitness room was small. There was only 4 pieces of equipment. Although, I did not have any trouble using the equipment. A group of women came in to use the equipment, but the equipment was already in use.

We had breakfast in the hotel one morning. The breakfast buffet was great. We had breakfast at Denny's on the day we checked out. Apparently, Denny's is the place to be on Sunday morning in Warwick, because it was very crowded.

The air conditioning stopped working one night during our stay. We contacted the front desk and a maintenance employee was sent up in less than 5 minutes. The air conditioner was quickly fixed. The employee was very friendly and pleasant. The staff was very pleasant and the front desk staff very helpful with recommending places to eat, and with directions. We had dinner one night in Providence-Federal Hill. A real nice place to hang out at night; it is called "Little Italy". The food at Cassarino's Ristorante is excellent. I would definitely recommend staying at the Crowne Plaza hotel.

• Liked — Room, pool & whirlpool
  • Disliked — fitness room was small; not enough of epipment
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Newbury, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2008

I have been commuting to RI for work and staying only at the Crowne Plaza the nights I am in town. The beds are wonderful, the rooms spacious and clean, the staff are very friendly & helpful, and the amenities (e.g. bar, pool, self-help devices) are above average.

The new general manager is steadily upgrading the place so things are only improving. The staff are very reliable and quick to serve; they all seem to be happy to work at the hotel.

A few tips. The air units can be noisy and the engineers can pop up and reduce the noise significantly; give them a call. The hotel is popular for events (e.g. weddings, corporate functions, dog shows) so check-in with the hotel to see if you would like the company on offer from such events. The gym is small; avoid it at lunch times. The front car park can get busy when a function is on; find the nearest side door to your room and the parking spaces that can be reached from it.

• Liked — Staff and beds
  • Disliked — Noisey air conditioning units
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport? Share your experiences!