“Use to be great but now it's a big disipointment” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Wakefield
“Use to be great but now it's a big disipointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Use to go here all the time. Food was great and there was always a lot of it. I would have to say the last half dozen times I've been here the food and service haven't been up to par. Tonight my husband went over to get 2 lobster rolls to go. If I had been in the reataurant I would have sent them back. They were small, had very little mayo and were WARM. My days at the Inn are over.

• Visited July 2011

Warwick, Rhode Island
“The restaurant building is nice. food ok and service- ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

I agree with some of the other people that reviewed this restaurant. I only went to this restaurant one time this past winter. The restaurant has been around for over 50 years so I figured it must be really good since it has been around so long.

The restaurant was recently remodeled with nice decor. The restaurant was warm and welcoming inside. While waiting for a seat I could see the restaurant seemed to have a lot of old timers eating at this restaurant. I got the sense that the waiters knew many of the customers. So, I kept thinking to myself this has got to be a good restaurant because it appears that there are repeat customers eating at this restaurant.

I told the waiter that I had never been there before. The waiter did not seem to care that I was a new customer. I asked what is their specialty. The guy said you get a soup with every meal. The soup was extremely bland. I can not understand what the point is to serve bland soup and it comes with almost every meal! What a waist of money for the restaurant to serve bland soup!! The waiter said that the Italian dinners are good. I had a veal parmigiana with spaghetti. Again, I thought the dinner was pretty bland. Nothing interesting about the dinner. The waiter seem to want to wrap it up with us and move on to another customer. In the end, I felt way too much money for bland food and lousy service. Since the restaurant took the time and money into investing with the decor the next thing they need to do is redo the menu.

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Warwick, Rhode Island
“I'm from Warwick RI, felt uncomfortable.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Lived in Warwick for 15 years, a lot of people were staring at me and made me feel uncomfortable, they were no minorities dining in this restaurant, I am 1/2 white and 1/2 Asian I am American born and raised.. I was raised by my white father I speak English but the stares people give u is sickening it is 2011. If you watch the commercial for the restaurant again only Caucasian people in the commercial. food is okay I prefer REMINGTON HOUSE DOWN THE STREET THERE FOOD IS EXCELLENT THEY ARE IN ONE OF RI BEST RESTURANTS RATED AND THEY ARE MORE WELCOMING|!!!!!! GREENWOOD HAS NEVER BEEN ON THE LIST!

• Visited April 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, TX
“Another lovely visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

This would be my 2nd visit to Greenwood Inn and again it was wonderful. The waitstaff was wonderful as was the food. Of course I got the lighter fare turkey plate and I was not disappointed. My husband got the fried scallops and our daughter got the stuffed shells. Everyone was pleased with what the got. If we were to travel this way again, we would certainly visit again.

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very dissapointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

I have been to the Greenwood Inn a couple times now. Each time I've gone, it always seems so warm and welcoming inside. This is probably their best quality. The service is lousy, the server seems uninterested. The food is mediocre, nothing fresh or exciting. With so many better choices, I won't be returning.

• Visited December 2010