“Great hotel location.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
randolph
“Great hotel location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel was centrally located between Providence and Newport. We used this as our base to go to various locations nearby. It had a great breakfast and dinner social hour. Staff is very helpful. We would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HWSWarwick, General Manager at Homewood Suites Providence-Warwick, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Quietly close to everything! Providence- 10 min, Newport- 35 min, Wickford- 15 min, East Greenwich- 10 min, Boston- 1 hour, New York- 3 hours and we are close to the train station and T.F. Green Airport!
Thanks for staying with us and writing a review! We hope to have you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
East Lyme, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The rate was great for the amenities that is offered by this hotel. Hotel staff were all accomadating and professional. Hotel suite was perfect, breakfast was yummy. Overall a great experience....couldn't ask for more! P.S. a little out the way but well worth it...everything is close by.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Instead of a little out of the way, I have come to think of it as quietly close to everything. Our location is central to Rhode Island and very close to the T.F. Green Airport without the airport noise.
Thank you for staying with us! I hope you will be back soon!
Glen Allen Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was in the area with family and really appreciated the level of service that Homewood Suites of Warwick RI offered. The staff were really friendly and made us feel right at home and the location was exceptional also. When in this area again it would not even be second thought as to where me and my family will be staying. Five Stars to Homewood Suites of RI and to all of its staff. GREAT JOB

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us and writing a great review! We look forward to your return trip back to our family!
Castleton On Hudson, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

What an UNNECESSARILY DISAPPOINTING experience we had over Memorial Day weekend after having stayed at the Homewood Suites in Warwick, RI for over 4 years whenever a visit to Brown University in Providence called for more than one bedroom/bathroom and kitchen facility.

First, let me say that, as usual, everything was very clean and nicely appointed - both bedrooms, baths and kitchen/living room area. Our interactions with the support staff were great - they are nice, friendly people who are genuinely happy to help you.

We did, however, have an issue with the air conditioning which could not be corrected by the maintenance staff because it is a structural issue; the HVAC system in the 2 bedroom suites located anywhere but on the ground floor (according to staff) was poorly designed, resulting in only one bedroom and the living room/kitchen area receiving A/C or heat. So if you select this hotel and don't want to have to decide who will be comfortable in their bedroom/bath, REQUEST THE GROUND FLOOR.

THE VERY DISAPPOINTING PART OF THE STAY was that upon returning from a very special, once in a lifetime dinner celebrating my daughter's graduation from Brown University, my sister and I were stopped in the lobby the 2nd evening with the question "what room are you in?" and informed that my credit card had been denied. Rather than re-running it as I requested, knowing that it was obviously an error since it had been working properly everywhere else I had been using it, they requested I provide another card! Which was provided - and then they told us we had to wait for new room key cards to be made because they had rendered the ones we had useless! REALLY?!?!?? LOCKED OUT OF THE SUITE?!?!?! So much for having been a loyal guest and a Hilton HHonors member since 2007... Handled SO POORLY and it was like having ice water thrown over our celebratory glow. Actually, it WAS ice water thrown over our celebratory glow. I love Rhode Island and will be returning, as will my daughter each year for the alumnae reunion, but will never stay at Homewood Suites in Warwick again.

Room Tip: GROUND FLOOR if you want more than 1 room in the 2 bedroom suite to have heat or A/C!
Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HWSWarwick, General Manager at Homewood Suites Providence-Warwick, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Congratulations on your daughter’s graduation from Brown which is an amazing accomplishment! Thank you also for being a loyal Hhonors member!
I am very sorry that you reported a less than favorable experience while staying with us over Memorial Day weekend. Memorial Day weekend is the busiest weekend of the year at our hotel. Almost all of the guests staying with us during that weekend are graduation related as Rhode Island has 9 universities and colleges graduating over three weekends from May to June.
There is really no good way to tell a guest we were unable to obtain authorization on a credit card. Some of our guests had difficulty because they were out of state and frequently using their card in the area and when we authorize a larger amount, the bank stopped the transaction to ask the cardholder about fraudulent activity before approving. We don't know the reason why we were unable to obtain authorization, but we need to have a security on the room whether from an authorized credit card or a cash payment for the stay. Since many of our guests including our Hilton Honors members tend to leave the hotel without checking out, we like to have everything in order before the day of departure. Kudos to our staff for knowing to look for you!
I apologize for the A/C in your two bedroom suite as well. There is one HVAC unit for the room and there is one controller for both bedrooms and living room. We do have ceiling fans in all our bedrooms, but different people like different temperatures and one unit currently is not able to provide different temperatures.
Congratulations again and thank you for staying with us for over 4 years. I am sorry if there was one bad experience that will not allow you to come back to our hotel but if you change your mind please feel free to contact me to make your reservation.
Woodinville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've been to Warwick many times in the last year, usually staying a week at a time and have been to 5 hotels. I prefer a suite so that I can cook in my room and don't have to eat out, although with the free breakfast and dinner at Homewood I seldom even do that. Homewood is newer and cleaner than Hampton Inn, less expensive with better food than Marriott, and friendlier and more homey than NYLO. I rate them down a little on sleep quality because I like softer pillows, but the bed is good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HWSWarwick, General Manager at Homewood Suites Providence-Warwick, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review! I hope we will have you back soon!
Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Hotel is nice. The food at breakfast and the evening reception was lacking. Also, they had potato chips every night and I watched people putting their hands in the bowl to grab handfuls. While I wasn't impressed with the food in general, once I saw people using their fingers to pick up food and grabbing chips fro the bowls, I was completely turned off. I didn't eat any of the food again. Internet was good. Hotel staff were friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HWSWarwick, General Manager at Homewood Suites Providence-Warwick, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
We have had reviews in the past that have written about guests coming to the dining area in their pajamas, sometimes without shoes, and even wet after swimming in the pool. We have to remind them we are a hotel, but the really special atmosphere at Homewood is the feeling that your home. Unfortunately we toss a few bowls of chips away when we see a guest treat the food like they would at home!
I hope you had a chance to eat during our Homewood Fiesta with Beef Taco's, Mexican Rice, and Refried Beans, or maybe you were able to enjoy our Pier H dinner another night with Garlic & Herb Tilapia, Rosemary Potatoes, and Green Beans all included with the price! We do not have a large menu but for road weary travelers the nightly offerings are a welcome option to going back out to eat.
Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will see you again soon!
Harrisburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The suite was very nice, clean and quiet. My family enjoyed the hotel accommidations very much. Even my father-in-law was pleased, usaully he is hard to please. My wife and son was very happy, they said we can do this again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HWSWarwick, General Manager at Homewood Suites Providence-Warwick, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
We are very family friendly and I am glad to read that the family was happy with their stay! Thank you for staying with us and we would love to have you back again in the future!

Been to Homewood Suites Providence-Warwick? Share your experiences!