“Average.” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Providence, Rhode Island
“Average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Went here with my boyfriend for lunch on Saturday around 1:00 to watch the Bruins game. We got the last table (the restaurant is small, maybe 15 tables plus a bar). We both ordered ice tea which was very good, but they don't serve sweet tea so you have to add sugar on your own. We both got clam chowder for an appetizer. I ordered the cup and my boyfriend ordered the bowl. Honestly, not that big of a difference in size, but I'm pretty sure it was a $2 difference. I could have swore that the clam chower was out of a can. If you have ever had REAL clam chower, you would know the difference. The clam chower here wasn't very creamy, and it was kind of separating like it does when you get it out of a can. It tasted alright, but homemade is definitely better. My boyfriend and I ordered an 18 piece boneless wings (garlic parm), and I think it was like $15 or something stupid. WAY too over priced for the quality of the food. The "wings" were definitely frozen chicken nuggets that were probably Tyson brand or something. The garlic parm seasoning was really good, and they were served with a side of ranch dressing.

Now in the meantime while we were eating (as I mentioned earlier we got the last table), more and more customers started coming in but there were no tables available. Our table just happened to be next to the door, and while we were eating more and more people started to accumulate in the front entrance of the restaurant. I found this really annoying and distracting, as there were people standing right next to us while we were trying to have lunch. Since the restaurant is small the customers didn't have anywhere to stand so I can't be too upset about it, but it was definitely still annoying.

Overall, my experice was okay. I will probably not return to this restaurant.

Visited March 2014

Houston, Texas
“FUN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Just what you expect from a small pub in the smallest state in the country....good burger and cheap beer...fun times.

Visited January 2014
Charlestown, Rhode Island
“Another Sports Bar, Boring......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

It was our second visit for dinner to Fat Belly's. They do have a great beer selection, but they should, it is a bar. The food has no real flavor, and the french fries are not very good. How do you screw up french fries in this day and age??
There are 7 TV's in the place, it needs 2 (if any) and the volume is up loud on one of them.
They are known for the burgers, mine was under cooked the first visit. I had the french dip last night, no flavor what so ever and what was that Au jus? scarey...
In a town full of Sports Bars there are better choices than Fat belly's..

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Slightly above average bar food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I had the flat bread buffalo pizza, not bad but didn't match the description. I had maybe 3 red onions on it and couldn't taste the gargonzola cheese. My wife had the french bread dipper with sweet potatoe fries, not bad but not a wow. The server was not the friendly type, never smiled and did not return after dropping off the meals. I was having buffalo pizza and needed some more water. There were about 15 people there and the TV's were cranked. Hard to hold a conversation. Little pricey, $30 with tip for a sandwich and pizza with one coffee.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Disappointment - Keep Driving”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Popped in a few times asking for a drink during late "open" hours and treated like an imposition. Moved on and happy we did so. What drinks/food we have had here have been sub-par. Don't waste our time - the other locations are better.

• Visited February 2013